E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Sports Central

Sports Central
NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL, NLL, Olympics etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-20-2010, 01:33 PM   #41
ghorn

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1356guy View Post
if you think baseball is boring to watch you just dont understand the game...and thats fine, but it's not just some guy trying to huck a pitch up there and hope it's a strike...there's a science to pitching and hitting in certain counts.

you wouldn't understand, it's a baseball thing
Well, I grew up playing and following the game pretty closely. Once I stopped playing (unlike football) I lost interest in the sport as a fan. Yes, many would like to point out that they think football is as slow/boring, but when compared to baseball I just don't see it that way. Plus, the MLB season is painstakingly long.

My favorite time of year is when the World Series comes around, b/c that means my SportsCenter time won't be polluted by all the baseball highlights/coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.

Last edited by ghorn; 10-20-2010 at 01:34 PM.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:13 PM   #42
m1356guy

My Ride: is worth $5k
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousharenow View Post
I've been praying for a SF/Tex WS man...that would be insane!

I haven't been following the NLCS, how good does SF look against Tex?
the giants have been looking really good so far against the phills..the pitching staff has stepped up to shut down their offense and cody ross is in a timely hot streak right now. If only posey and huff can get hot i'll think they'll have a legit shot at getting to the WS and winning it
Old 10-20-2010, 02:13 PM   #43
m1356guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
Well, I grew up playing and following the game pretty closely. Once I stopped playing (unlike football) I lost interest in the sport as a fan. Yes, many would like to point out that they think football is as slow/boring, but when compared to baseball I just don't see it that way. Plus, the MLB season is painstakingly long.

My favorite time of year is when the World Series comes around, b/c that means my SportsCenter time won't be polluted by all the baseball highlights/coverage
how old were you when you stopped playing?
Old 10-20-2010, 02:27 PM   #44
yousharenow

My Ride: E46 ZHP
Send a message via AIM to yousharenow
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1356guy View Post
the giants have been looking really good so far against the phills..the pitching staff has stepped up to shut down their offense and cody ross is in a timely hot streak right now. If only posey and huff can get hot i'll think they'll have a legit shot at getting to the WS and winning it
I don't follow the NL much, but what is the split like in SJ over OAK and SF? I don't get to watch many NL games but I've wondered what the split was like with LAA and Dodgers too (in terms of fan base)

the "working class" has always been sox fans it seems..there into baseball...cubs fans are just more yuppie it seems lol
yousharenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:13 PM   #45
m1356guy

san jose and most of norcal i would say are giants fans...of course if their records were flopped with the A's being above 500 and the giants below, it would be more even, but since a lot of the fan base just cheers for teams that are winning, right now the giants have that advantage.

but even in years past oaklands had a hard time getting fans, thats why they're talking about moving the A's down to downtown san jose. but even if that comes to be, I and most of the bay would still be giants fans...it basically comes down to how you were raised
Old 10-20-2010, 05:31 PM   #46
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
that's pretty ignorant to say. You can't know whether they would or wouldn't stay.
at least give me the benefit of the doubt Sally

I've been going to red sox games for the past twenty years, you think all of them have been nail biters? I've seen the best and the worst... and i'm not trying to stick my nose up but of the people that did leave... didn't even put a dent in the crowd.... like i said... this would never happen at fenway, and its not an opinion it is a fact...

so kiss mah bum plz
Old 10-21-2010, 05:28 AM   #47
CrashRide

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Send a message via AIM to CrashRide
i have front row tickets next to the opposing dugout for all the World Series games here in TX if my Rangers can close it out.

i'm a lil peaved that the NL for the first time in over a decade won the All-Star game to give them home field advantage. So if it is a TX vs. SF series we'll only have 3 games at home if necessary.

ANTLERS & CLAWS!
Old 10-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #48
m1356guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashRide View Post
i have front row tickets next to the opposing dugout for all the World Series games here in TX if my Rangers can close it out.

i'm a lil peaved that the NL for the first time in over a decade won the All-Star game to give them home field advantage. So if it is a TX vs. SF series we'll only have 3 games at home if necessary.

ANTLERS & CLAWS!
awww we're sorry
Old 10-23-2010, 01:47 AM   #49
CJW2OO4

My Ride: LANDSHARK
Send a message via AIM to CJW2OO4
yanks lost.
CJW2OO4 is offline   Reply With Quote