E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 102 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-20-2010, 10:01 PM   #41
WanderLustMan

My Ride: 05 M3 Mystic Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
The V5 has a function that reduces the rear audio output for nav commands.... I would imagine that this would reduce ALL audio from the windows board...
ahh, so can I change that anywhere? also the sound from the windows board seems to have less bass
WanderLustMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:03 AM   #42
uncompiled

My Ride: G37xS & 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderLustMan View Post
ahh, so can I change that anywhere? also the sound from the windows board seems to have less bass
No, I am pretty sure this is done in hardware. The reason is because so many people complained about the Dynavin V1-V4 that whenever the nav speaks, it mutes the music.

In the V5, if you're listening to the radio, a CD, or your iPod and you use the navigation, the voices will play out of the front speakers, but the music will continue playing at reduced volume out of the rear speakers. This is how the OEM nav systems in a lot of cars work.

... on the downside, this means that the Windows CE interface is not ideal for using other interfaces like Core Player or WolfNCU. Maybe this means that our older Dynavins will be more desirable for the hackers!
uncompiled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:55 PM   #43
johnt1436

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8down View Post
Does anyone have an e46 car model for Primo?
I am currently using a car model that looks close enough to an e46. The problem is that it's red. My car is carbon black.

Can anyone give a recommendation for a 3d car model that looks like a black M3?

Thanks in advance.

John

2001 M3 Convertible, Carbon Black - Daily Driver
2007 328i Convertible, Atlantic Blue - Wife's car
2003 X5 4.4i - Grocery-getter
johnt1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:54 AM   #44
TRBOVNM

My Ride: 04 330 CI/04 Cobra
Send a message via AIM to TRBOVNM
I assume you guys are using these models instead of the standard arrow? Every time I pick a car it doesn't do anything except show it on the side of the screen. I still have the arrow as my location designation. I am sure it is just a setting and not a big deal right now to me. I need to go through and figure out which nav program I like first and then get into customizing it.
TRBOVNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:53 AM   #45
lfhdez

My Ride: 2004 BMW 325i
Send a message via AIM to lfhdez Send a message via Yahoo to lfhdez
Subscribed.

Transmitido en espaņol por SAP
lfhdez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:40 AM   #46
440films

My Ride: 2005 X5 4.4
I got a bit of an issue. I received an SD Card from Chase that had iGo8.3 and Primo on it. The Card works fine and Chase was a pleasure to deal with, thanks Chase.

What I'm trying to do is create an SD Card that is as clean as possible that will load up Primo quickly (or as quick as the original iGo8 that came with my V5 did).

I put together a card that had only Primo on it and took some of the content from iGo 8.3 (Maps, Poi, etc...) I also moved some of the voices over as the Primo card I received had only one working voice, a British man. It worked but I like taking direction from a woman, call me kinky...

When loading up my Primo only card I get the error message:

failed to open ui_igo8/common/dayheightcolormap.bmp

I have searched everywhere in the card to find that file. I unzipped the Data file and I found a UI folder but it was ui_igo9 not ui_igo8 ?

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, Jeff I finished up my alterations to the install yesterday. The Dynavin looks awesome. Pics coming soon. Hope you guys won't mind a couple shots of an E53 in the forum...
440films is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:06 AM   #47
440films

I found someone on a forum that had the same problem. His solution:

"I just copied the ui_igo9 folder in the data.zip and renamed it ui_igo8 and added it. So i have both the ui_igo9 and 8 folder in the one data.zip. it worked after that..."

So i tried it... New error

"Program Application Database Cannot Be Found"

I'm probably in over me head but I'm stubborn.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:20 PM   #48
lfhdez

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440films View Post

"I just copied the ui_igo9 folder in the data.zip and renamed it ui_igo8 and added it. So i have both the ui_igo9 and 8 folder in the one data.zip. it worked after that..."

I say you just stick with primo and get rid of the 8.3 on the card

Old 11-09-2010, 01:36 PM   #49
440films

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhdez View Post
I say you just stick with primo and get rid of the 8.3 on the card
That is in fact what I'm trying to do. The Primo had very little content and no maps. I hade to move (copy and paste) the content over from 8.3 Apparently their is some hidden 8.3 stuff within the content that is messing stuff up.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:04 PM   #50
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:

The reason you find Primo loads up a bit slower is that the original iGO8 that came with your Dynavin runs at 400x240 resolution, Primo that you have is configured to run at 800x480 resolution, double the pixels.
Delete the iGO8 folder that you created in the Primo data.zip, Primo is iGO9, iGO 8 is well iGO8.
What wuill help load Primo quicker is to have as little as posible in the sys.txt file, or even get rid of it altogether.
Yes you are stubborn, paying to get a copy of the nav and then messing around with it anyway
Old 11-09-2010, 04:25 PM   #51
440films

Thanks Darkoz. I have taken everyone's advice and cleared out that igo_8 file I made. I have cleaned up all the igo_8 stuff I could find and even copied in YOUR exact SYS.TXT file. After some trail and error and with a much cleaner SD Card I'm still getting the error:

It seems I still have this file hidden somewhere.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:17 PM   #52
Darkoz

Quote:
Thanks Darkoz. I have taken everyone's advice and cleared out that igo_8 file I made. I have cleaned up all the igo_8 stuff I could find and even copied in YOUR exact SYS.TXT file. After some trail and error and with a much cleaner SD Card I'm still getting the error:

It seems I still have this file hidden somewhere.
Delete the save folder in the main Primo folder before staring it up again, see if that helps.
Be careful when copying other's sys.txt file, I have certain TTS voice entries on mine that you probably don't have loaded on your copy of Primo
My advise when you're starting out fresh and figuring out how things work is to not have a sys.txt file at all until you get to know the program.

Last edited by Darkoz; 11-09-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:08 AM   #53
m3collins

My Ride: 2002 Carbon Black M3
Delete your save folder. I bet its in there.
m3collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:00 PM   #54
SC328i

My Ride: 03 330ci
I've been up and running for about a week. A big thanks to Chase for IGO Primo! I have a couple of questions.

1) When I get to a destination and the nav screen is on, I turn off the car. When I turn the car back on, the blue Dynavin nav screen shows, then the white screen with the three options, then the custom screen until it's loaded. I thought when I first loaded Primo, it would go right to the custom load screen, skipping the first two. Was I dreaming or did I change something?

2) When I start I'm a drivers point of view. As I travel it switches to a high bird's eye view. When I get to a big intersection, it switches back to the lower drivers view, then switches back to bird's eye. Is there anyway to keep it on the lower drivers view all the time?
SC328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:25 PM   #55
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC328i View Post
2) When I start I'm a drivers point of view. As I travel it switches to a high bird's eye view. When I get to a big intersection, it switches back to the lower drivers view, then switches back to bird's eye. Is there anyway to keep it on the lower drivers view all the time?
Turn off overview in the settings
Old 11-10-2010, 09:27 PM   #56
440films

Would formatting an SD Card on a MAC in MS-DOS FAT 32 cause issues? I have been trying to duplicate an SD Card that works perfect in my Dynavin but when i put the copy in the Navigation I get the error:

Or could the SD Card be the issue?
Old 11-10-2010, 09:35 PM   #57
TRBOVNM

My Ride: 04 330 CI/04 Cobra
Send a message via AIM to TRBOVNM
I would recommend using windows. I know petrut specifies windows only because he has seen issues using MAC, but not sure why and I concur since I have a macbook pro and had issues. I have windows running in vmware fusion and that seems to work ok, but I went as far as using my work computer (dell) and just downloaded everything and put it on CD so I know I have everything correct.

that being said, my nav program backups are on my MAC OS and I have copied and pasted without issue when using them. it just seemed like the wince hack and stuff I had to make sure was in windows and I have done the same with other NAV programs to make sure they are ok.
TRBOVNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:19 PM   #58
440films

reformatted the SD Card on a PC and copied the files over on the PC still get the same error.

Maybe it's the Card? Weird. I have now used three separate programs all from different sources and one copied over from a card that works perfectly.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:38 AM   #59
440films

Tried a different card... Same error. Saved folder empty.

WTF
Old 11-11-2010, 12:42 AM   #60
lfhdez

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC328i View Post
I've been up and running for about a week. A big thanks to Chase for IGO Primo! I have a couple of questions.

1) When I get to a destination and the nav screen is on, I turn off the car. When I turn the car back on, the blue Dynavin nav screen shows, then the white screen with the three options, then the custom screen until it's loaded. I thought when I first loaded Primo, it would go right to the custom load screen, skipping the first two. Was I dreaming or did I change something?
Mine does the exact same thing.