E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 12:28 PM   #1
vXCONSTANTINEXv
Banned

My Ride: 2001 325i
Dinan or Autowerke Chip?

Dinan:
299$
officially liscenced by BMW
can go to dealer and get under 2 hour download
i dont know advantages or disadvantages

Autowerke:
399$
idk if liscensed or not
have to ship to california to get modified, meaning no car for a while
but rumored to have 15hp upgrade with better throttle response and fuel efficiency

PLEASE HELP ME AND OFFER SUGGESTIONS OR EXPERIENCE ON THIS
vXCONSTANTINEXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:37 PM   #2
TrippinBimmer

My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
AA ftw
TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 12:42 PM   #3
vXCONSTANTINEXv
Banned

and whys that?
Old 10-26-2010, 01:28 PM   #4
AAblown

My Ride: e46 m3, e36 m3, H2
You can get your AA chip tuned for certain mods once you upgrade. There is a noticable throttle response, im not sure about the mpg because i added headers, chip, mid section, and exhaust all at once. Never been a fan of Dinan, most of their products are over priced for what they deliver. On top of that, ive never met anyone with a Dinan mod, so im sure theres not too many out there. That alone speaks for itself. Although Dinan is covered under warranty with your factory BMW one. However AA are great guys and theyll work with you if something is not right. Just my experience. BTW a chip alone wont do much for HP unless you have other mods to go along with it. example..headers, intake, exhaust
Old 10-26-2010, 01:51 PM   #5
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAblown View Post
You can get your AA chip tuned for certain mods once you upgrade. There is a noticable throttle response, im not sure about the mpg because i added headers, chip, mid section, and exhaust all at once. Never been a fan of Dinan, most of their products are over priced for what they deliver. On top of that, ive never met anyone with a Dinan mod, so im sure theres not too many out there. That alone speaks for itself. Although Dinan is covered under warranty with your factory BMW one. However AA are great guys and theyll work with you if something is not right. Just my experience. BTW a chip alone wont do much for HP unless you have other mods to go along with it. example..headers, intake, exhaust

All you need right there.
personally Ive never meet anyone with a dinan upgrade except for 335's. Just get headers from bimmerbrakes.com for 200 then go to autopartsdirect.com and pik up a k&n intake for 207 ... then get tune and you will see somethig
Steven747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:49 PM   #6
vXCONSTANTINEXv
Banned

Thanks man, well we can rule out the Dinan, and on jlevisstreetworks its states a 6-15 HP gain over it, with reduced torque. However, i still am not a big fan of shipping the brain of my car all the way across the states and then have to wait for it to come back...

and what about shark flash? i can do it myself and its only 299

and yea thanks for the links brother greatly appreciated, i really dont have much money to move around. my order of importance goes 1)car care 2)gas
3) chip 4)cat-back exhaust 5) new rims and all that alone will take me about a year to work for, since im only 17
Old 10-26-2010, 04:26 PM   #7
AAblown

call AA and see if there is an installer near you with the AA computer for software flashes. If you find one, they can flash it for you on the spot, if not get a rental and have your goods sent to AA to get it flashed.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:28 PM   #8
AAblown

Quote:
Originally Posted by vXCONSTANTINEXv View Post
Thanks man, well we can rule out the Dinan, and on jlevisstreetworks its states a 6-15 HP gain over it, with reduced torque. However, i still am not a big fan of shipping the brain of my car all the way across the states and then have to wait for it to come back...

and what about shark flash? i can do it myself and its only 299

and yea thanks for the links brother greatly appreciated, i really dont have much money to move around. my order of importance goes 1)car care 2)gas
3) chip 4)cat-back exhaust 5) new rims and all that alone will take me about a year to work for, since im only 17
if thats your priority, id save up for a cpl of mods and have it flashed all at once, if not youl be sending your chip multiple times to AA to get this done. Theres a list on their website what mods you can flash for. As for the shark, once again the AA chip is more customizable.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:41 PM   #9
vXCONSTANTINEXv
Banned

thanks alot, but im more into versatility than being customized, sounds like my Fedex man is going to be getting a raise
Old 10-26-2010, 05:05 PM   #10
AAblown

Quote:
thanks alot, but im more into versatility than being customized, sounds like my Fedex man is going to be getting a raise
thats what i meant
Old 10-26-2010, 06:34 PM   #11
xixixi
Banned User

My Ride: 01 330x-xi
Ask anyone/everyone you consider for a dyno. Dynos or nothing, tons of information on this topic, try searching. If a company refuses/ignores your request for a dyno move on.
xixixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:12 AM   #12
Steven747

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAblown View Post
call AA and see if there is an installer near you with the AA computer for software flashes. If you find one, they can flash it for you on the spot, if not get a rental and have your goods sent to AA to get it flashed.
Hey theirs a installer about 10 minuets away from my house but i opted out thinking that AA themselves could do something magical, and i happened to have a clunker on the side...And your best bet for hp would be keeping your stock exhaust and put in aftermarket headers being cat-less.You will have a beautiful sound..Not rasp or dull..get a k&n 57 and if you can get UUC pulleys used and then your tune and you will be about maxed out for hp instead you do some costly upgrades; cams, cat-back...

And no don't do shark... iv heard lots of stories about rattling starting to happen. not even worth it, but i know it happens a lot, which im not sure if the rattle means Vanos fix time or not but i try to stay away from the inferior tunes for our machines

Last edited by Steven747; 10-27-2010 at 12:16 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:59 AM   #13
Viral@ActiveAutowerke
Sponsor

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Dinan:
299$
officially liscenced by BMW
can go to dealer and get under 2 hour download
i dont know advantages or disadvantages

Autowerke:
399$
idk if liscensed or not
have to ship to california to get modified, meaning no car for a while
but rumored to have 15hp upgrade with better throttle response and fuel efficiency

PLEASE HELP ME AND OFFER SUGGESTIONS OR EXPERIENCE ON THIS
Hey vXCONSTANTINEXv,

I am glad to hear that your looking to upgrade your vehicle with Performance Software. We are located in Miami, Florida and we have a authorized dealer Pennsylvania that can load this Performance Software on site. If you have any questions or would like more information please contact me directly and I will be more than glad to assist you.

Best Regards,
Phone: 305.233.9300 Ext. 232 | Fax: 305-253-8921
Viral@ActiveAutowerke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:43 AM   #14
Steven747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Hey vXCONSTANTINEXv,

I am glad to hear that your looking to upgrade your vehicle with Performance Software. We are located in Miami, Florida and we have a authorized dealer Pennsylvania that can load this Performance Software on site. If you have any questions or would like more information please contact me directly and I will be more than glad to assist you.

Best Regards,
Honestly the only possible flaw from AA is customer service for install issues. ive never seen it, AA is by far THE best software/safest on the market. nothing will get the gains they do and give you the mental satisfaction that your going faster... ohh and AA raises your rev limit
Old 10-27-2010, 11:12 AM   #15
Iceman00
I screwed up and can't post

My Ride: E90 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven747 View Post
Honestly the only possible flaw from AA is customer service for install issues. ive never seen it, AA is by far THE best software/safest on the market. nothing will get the gains they do and give you the mental satisfaction that your going faster... ohh and AA raises your rev limit
I have my dyno of Shark vs Stock, where is yours of AA software? And for the record, I haven't had any issues, and NO down time on install.
Iceman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:50 PM   #16
Steven747

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
I have my dyno of Shark vs Stock, where is yours of AA software? And for the record, I haven't had any issues, and NO down time on install.
just like i already said.... it happens but not to everyone. but its a risk i would not like to take being rattle kit install will run you a buck and a half. honestly i have never seen dynos from aa's software but it worked 100% for me. my friend has a 350z with intake and ive been a car and a half behind him with headers, intake, and pulleys. got the tune and im literally inches behind him now. ive yet to beat him but im thinking if i do 1 more legitimate upgrade that ill have that z in a basket. i can take a video of it possibly but i never took a before vid. im sure its the little bit of power but the rev limit increase is also very nice to. and think of it as you would spend a lot of money on individual tunes and tweaking for different mods here and there when you get them.. you have all your upgrades and AA can tune it for just about anything you have bolted on. and apparently there's no down time with aa software you can flash it on the spot.

and fyi: AA sticker looks better than a shark
Old 10-27-2010, 04:05 PM   #17
vXCONSTANTINEXv
Banned

thanks guys...ok ill go with the AA when i get the cash, and Mr. Autowerke, where is the dealer at? I live in Pittsburgh, and is how long would it roughly take?
Old 10-27-2010, 06:33 PM   #18
Steven747

takes roughly 2-2.5 weeks to get it back... they say quicker but in reality... if you have a local yocal then go with them, personal preference.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:49 PM   #19
vXCONSTANTINEXv
Banned

what if i ship fedex custom critical
Old 10-27-2010, 09:08 PM   #20
TrickTizzle

My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to TrickTizzle
AA or ESS....
If you cant be without your car for a week, then Dinan.
TrickTizzle is offline   Reply With Quote