E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Love Line

Love Line

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-20-2010, 05:07 PM   #41
Fractal Seb

My Ride: spoon AP2
yea after the email and multiple texts she deffly thinks your a clinger/obsessive/desperate person. turned her off big time so dont expect anything back from her, ha.no offense though man. anyway just keep lining them up and have fun
Old 10-20-2010, 05:44 PM   #42
CMT247

My Ride: 07 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal Seb View Post
yea after the email and multiple texts she deffly thinks your a clinger/obsessive/desperate person. turned her off big time so dont expect anything back from her, ha.no offense though man. anyway just keep lining them up and have fun
mm, well I don't think it was over the top though... after she stopped responding I sent her like 3 more texts... one of which was after the concert. The other two were just trying to figure out her schedule, as she stated she was down to meet up again. And of course the final email. Haven't sent her anything since.
CMT247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:52 AM   #43
Mayo

My Ride: CBR600RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT247 View Post
mm, well I don't think it was over the top though... after she stopped responding I sent her like 3 more texts... one of which was after the concert. The other two were just trying to figure out her schedule, as she stated she was down to meet up again. And of course the final email. Haven't sent her anything since.
It was over the top. I probably would have stopped after she didn't respond to the concert text, or depending on how I perceived it I may have gone ahead with the first text trying to figure out her schedule. But there is no way I would've ever sent the third text or the email...trust us, it looks bad/desperate/whatever you wanna call it.

Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:22 PM   #44
CRSmoak

My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo View Post
It was over the top. I probably would have stopped after she didn't respond to the concert text, or depending on how I perceived it I may have gone ahead with the first text trying to figure out her schedule. But there is no way I would've ever sent the third text or the email...trust us, it looks bad/desperate/whatever you wanna call it.
He might've sent like one text too many but don't get too carried away now.

It was pretty much a case of buyer's remorse, his best bet would've been taking lead in using the texts and email, which he did, his texts could've probably been a little better but then probably so could yours, so could mine. It's a learning process, and we should all continually try to improve. He obviously didn't do a good enough job this time (most guys can't fix buyer's remorse though so don't feel bad OP) since it didn't work... doing nothing/freezing out would've only guaranteed it though. He left it on a good note with the email taking responsibility (which is exactly what you should do after buyers remorse, comfort/DHV her) so at least now she MIGHT contact him again in the future. Were he to have done a freeze out from the beginning, the odds would've gone way down. Though either way, I'm guessing the chances are slim.

OP, just take it as a lesson learned and next time don't rush through comfort, about 90% of your time should be spent in C1/C2. It's worth it though because in doing so, you'll get more than just one night of sex and the buyers remorse that comes along with it. You didn't have to spend more time with her, just more time in comfort (C1/C2) with her. Again though, lesson learned... do better next time.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:34 AM   #45
eee4666

My Ride: '02 325i / '07 600RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT247 View Post
Old 10-24-2010, 08:45 PM   #46
SDKmann

My Ride: 01 Cherokee
I don't mean to threadjack but Im in a similar situation with a twist. And I have read some of the responses here already. Essentially I had been hanging out with a girl Ive known for a long time but never really capitalized on the fact she was into me until recently. After a friend died I wasn't going out much and when I was out I was with the group of guys who knew him. After that she stopped making contact with me but we see each other at parties and bars because we have a lot of the same friends and our campus is small. I know she's into some other guy now but they're not "official" by any means, sounds like she's doing the same thing with him as she was with me so basically they're just partying together and hanging out watching movies and stuff (one of my close friends is dating her roommate which is where I get my info). He's been the subject of a few facebook statuses (I know its lame to facebook creep), I don't know what that counts for. Im pretty into this girl, she's one of the few Ive got to know who has been worth dating, most girls here are dumb, uninteresting slüts. Ive been really bummed about potentially screwing this up and really want another shot. Have I fücked this one up already or can I get back into the ring?

Last edited by SDKmann; 10-24-2010 at 08:46 PM.
SDKmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:53 PM   #47
CMT247

My Ride: 07 VW GTI
well she definitely has her eyes set on this other guy... especially if she is making status updates about him... I'd recommend making your own thread to get good responses though . Make sure you detail your history with this girl too...

I take it you are in college? I was tired of the sleaze after a while too... when I graduated I came back to the city... things are so much more fun here man... it is so much easier to meet people when hitting the town... no more stupid sorority losers and no more dbag/closet ****/frat guys. Just wait until you graduate man.
CMT247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:05 AM   #48
pinoycowboy

My Ride: VW GLI & Passat TDI
Send a message via ICQ to pinoycowboy Send a message via AIM to pinoycowboy
learned a lot tonight

i'm in a similar situation w/ an eharmony girl... i think i may be able to salvage this thign thanks to this thread

either way, good luck with whatever happens

e46 SOLD :(
pinoycowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:04 PM   #49
USCTrojanMan29

My Ride: Beauty & The Beater
Send a message via AIM to USCTrojanMan29 Send a message via Yahoo to USCTrojanMan29
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSmoak View Post
He might've sent like one text too many but don't get too carried away now.

It was pretty much a case of buyer's remorse, his best bet would've been taking lead in using the texts and email, which he did, his texts could've probably been a little better but then probably so could yours, so could mine. It's a learning process, and we should all continually try to improve. He obviously didn't do a good enough job this time (most guys can't fix buyer's remorse though so don't feel bad OP) since it didn't work... doing nothing/freezing out would've only guaranteed it though. He left it on a good note with the email taking responsibility (which is exactly what you should do after buyers remorse, comfort/DHV her) so at least now she MIGHT contact him again in the future. Were he to have done a freeze out from the beginning, the odds would've gone way down. Though either way, I'm guessing the chances are slim.

OP, just take it as a lesson learned and next time don't rush through comfort, about 90% of your time should be spent in C1/C2. It's worth it though because in doing so, you'll get more than just one night of sex and the buyers remorse that comes along with it. You didn't have to spend more time with her, just more time in comfort (C1/C2) with her. Again though, lesson learned... do better next time.
As I've gotten older, I get a sense for if there is a vibe or not on more than a physical level. If there isn't, I'll try to get them into bed on the first or second date knowing full well that there will be buyer's remorse on her part with me having no plans on contacting them afterwards. Sometimes, the buyer's remorse is a good thing because you don't get those phone calls from the girl being a bug-a-boo.
USCTrojanMan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:24 AM   #50
CRSmoak

My Ride: 2000 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCTrojanMan29 View Post
As I've gotten older, I get a sense for if there is a vibe or not on more than a physical level. If there isn't, I'll try to get them into bed on the first or second date knowing full well that there will be buyer's remorse on her part with me having no plans on contacting them afterwards. Sometimes, the buyer's remorse is a good thing because you don't get those phone calls from the girl being a bug-a-boo.
Buyers remorse is never a good thing to the person having it, I prefer not using women but that's just me. Plus I already have friends/women I can sleep with. So if me and some new girl aren't vibing, I usually won't even bother going for the one night stand. Sex is better with women I've slept with before anyway so what would be the point.

That said, OP wanted more so to him buyer's remorse in fact wasn't a good thing. Though it wasn't bad either, again... it was just a learning experience.

Last edited by CRSmoak; 10-28-2010 at 11:32 AM.
CRSmoak is offline   Reply With Quote