E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-27-2010, 11:50 AM   #21
GCoop

My Ride: '04 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb325@DynavinSolutions View Post
thats why we are here! Still pushing to add a couple more features...
"Telephone Mute" wouldnt be one of those features would it?

I know I am in the minority here, but this feature would be invaluable for those wishing to keep the BMW assist functionality. This feature along with an automatic source redirection when tel mute is "tripped" to an audio input (maybe aux in?) would allow the Assist to function seamlessly just like OEM. The way it is now seamless integration is not possible.

I personally dont use the Assist service but I want to keep all OEM functionality of my car should I decide to use it later or sell it so that option would be available to the next owner. Dynavin are so close to complete OEM appearnace/functioinality it would be a shame to not take this into account.

Do you think this is something they would consider?
GCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:52 PM   #22
shane001

My Ride: 325i
Single cutout AC relocation kit - e46

Ordered the wrong type.

If anyone is interested in a single cutout relocation kit, let me know.

Thanks
shane001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:16 PM   #23
BrutaL

My Ride: E46
Quote:
thats why we are here! Still pushing to add a couple more features...
Great job you guys. Looking forward to more features to come our way via firmware updates. Will enabling Steering Wheel control for the USB be in the next update? Just noticed the other day USB isnt SW controlled. Not a rant..not a biggie. it'd be a bonus if it is/will be.

SW control (vol up/down/mute, prev/next track) for the radio is great. Love it. Also noticed the radio-nav vol combo improved a bit. I hear and understand when Amy speaks now even at radio vol level 4. One downside is sometimes the radio signal drops on some stations. I'd just press the prev or next button to change station then back and I'd get the signal back. Not sure if the last firmware introduced a new bug or it was just random radio signal interference. All in all, Im enjoying the DVN. I find now Im more driving with my hands on the s.wheel controlling the DVN unlike before where I was continually reaching my hand out to the unit,,adjusting this, adjusting that.

If I were to put a $ pricetag on my DVN the way it is now, I'd say ~$1k
Hope she outlives the car.

Last edited by BrutaL; 10-31-2010 at 08:45 PM.
BrutaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:11 AM   #24
TRBOVNM

My Ride: 04 330 CI/04 Cobra
Send a message via AIM to TRBOVNM
just did the update. looks like some color was added as well to the menu screen and options screen. of course, I tucked the ipod cable back in the dash since I have been using the the aux mode and video cable with my iphone. guess I need to remove the glovebox and pull the cable out and see if I like the ipod functions.
TRBOVNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:07 AM   #25
Jazz78

My Ride: BMW 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutaL View Post
Great job you guys. Looking forward to more features to come our way via firmware updates. Will enabling Steering Wheel control for the USB be in the next update? Just noticed the other day USB isnt SW controlled. Not a rant..not a biggie. it'd be a bonus if it is/will be.

SW control (vol up/down/mute, prev/next track) for the radio is great. Love it. Also noticed the radio-nav vol combo improved a bit. I hear and understand when Amy speaks now even at radio vol level 4. One downside is sometimes the radio signal drops on some stations. I'd just press the prev or next button to change station then back and I'd get the signal back. Not sure if the last firmware introduced a new bug or it was just random radio signal interference. All in all, Im enjoying the DVN. I find now Im more driving with my hands on the s.wheel controlling the DVN unlike before where I was continually reaching my hand out to the unit,,adjusting this, adjusting that.

If I were to put a $ pricetag on my DVN that way it is now, I'd say ~$1k
Hope she outlives the car.
SWC should work for all sources (Radio, USB, DVB-T and BT). At least it works for me.
When you are in Navi screen, then SWC works only for Radio. Unfortunately it is very complicated to make SWC work with all sources when in Navi screen.

About Navi sound level, you need to raise the sound level in two places (in main shell and in iGO). On my unit, if i raise them both, then the Navi voice is actually higher then Radio.
Jazz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:58 PM   #26
BrutaL

My Ride: E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz78 View Post
SWC should work for all sources (Radio, USB, DVB-T and BT). At least it works for me.
When you are in Navi screen, then SWC works only for Radio[/I]. Unfortunately it is very complicated to make SWC work with all sources when in Navi screen.

About Navi sound level, you need to raise the sound level in two places (in main shell and in iGO). On my unit, if i raise them both, then the Navi voice is actually higher then Radio.
Thanks for your post
@italics: The concern I raised, and what I meant was, when in Navi, the swc doesnt work for the USB. It works for the radio when in Navi screen tho.

@bolded: I no longer have an issue with the radio-navi vol levels. The latest firmware seemed to have brought an improvement. At least that's my perception.
BrutaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:20 PM   #27
Flybot

My Ride: E39 528
Hello all.
Im an E39 guy and I just bought a Dynavin. I thought Id sponge off of the knowledge, and share what I can, over here.

I just ran the update to V5. Im not sure if it took or not. I have the new splash screen, but I dont notice any difference in ipod control or radio RDS. Is there a way to tell?

I can get the steering wheel controls to control the ipod selections "up and down" scrolling, but I cant select anything. I have on the steering wheel the vol up/down, selection up/down, and a R/T button for a factory phone. The R/T causes the ipod to go up one level. Ive tried short and long presses.
Any ideas?

The radio still saves presets with a label of what ever it captures from RDS at the time you save the preset. Wasnt it supposed to fix that?

I was thinking about trying to reinstall the update, but thought Id see what was up first.
Flybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:28 PM   #28
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
A long press of the the talk button is used to select ....does your steering wheel have a talk button?....

The radio is supposed to capture the RDS data....if you do your preset when the radio name is displayed it will save the name instead of the frequency....its supposed to be like that.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:11 PM   #29
Str8down

My Ride: E46 M3
Jeff, you need to start a new thread. Everytime that i see you made the most recent post in this thread, I get all excited think there is another new firmware.
Str8down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:37 PM   #30
J&T Distributing

Old 11-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #31
TRBOVNM

My Ride: 04 330 CI/04 Cobra
Send a message via AIM to TRBOVNM
^lol, thats wrong man. but funny as hell.
TRBOVNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:47 PM   #32
Str8down

My Ride: E46 M3
Stop teasing me!!!!!
Str8down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:54 PM   #33
Flybot

Quote:
A long press of the the talk button is used to select ....does your steering wheel have a talk button?....

The radio is supposed to capture the RDS data....if you do your preset when the radio name is displayed it will save the name instead of the frequency....its supposed to be like that.
Ok, I tried it again on the ipod- User error. All good. I wasnt doing a long press.

The radio seems the same after the update as when I first got it. No problem tho.

Those update directions need to be re-written.

Thanks again Jeff.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:51 AM   #34
Jazz78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybot View Post
Ok, I tried it again on the ipod- User error. All good. I wasnt doing a long press.

The radio seems the same after the update as when I first got it. No problem tho.

Those update directions need to be re-written.

Thanks again Jeff.
Maybe you already had the latest firmware.
And not all had RDS problems with the original firmware, it seemed to depend on how much info was received by RDS.

If the update instructions are not good then i apologize, English is not my native language. I tried to do my best.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:02 AM   #35
Flybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz78 View Post
Maybe you already had the latest firmware.
And not all had RDS problems with the original firmware, it seemed to depend on how much info was received by RDS.

If the update instructions are not good then i apologize, English is not my native language. I tried to do my best.
Jazz78,
No apology is necessary. Your mastery of english is far better than any second language of mine. I hope I did not offend you.

I think my software had the update already installed. I dont really notice any difference, except the splash screen, which I really like. As for the ipod interface, I didnt understand how to use it in the first place, with the short and long press. So, that was my error.

Below is a corrected version of your directions for the update. Only steps #4 and #8 are changed, because you must turn the unit on in step #4 and #8 or nothing will happen.

Again, thank you for your work.

---------------

Updating...
How to update in 10 steps:
1. Unrar the "Dynavin V5 (sunplus) firmware BMW logo 201010.rar" on your PC. You should find 2 files (zh_mcu.bin and zh8202t.bin) and this How_to_update.txt
2. Connect a USB memory stick to your PC, delete everything from USB memory stick and make sure it's formatted in FAT or FAT32.
3. Put the zh_mcu.bin file in root of USB memory stick.
4. Connect the USB memory stick to DVD-USB cable on your Dynavin and turn on the Dynavin.
5. Dynavin should turn on and update should start automatically, now just wait until the system turns off (should take about one minute).
6. Remove the USB memory stick and go back to your PC.
7. Delete the zh_mcu.bin file from USB memory stick and put zh8202t.bin on USB memory stick.
8. Dynavin should still be off. Connect the USB memory stick to DVD-USB cable on your Dynavin and turn it on again.
9. The Dynavin should turn on and update should start automatically, now just wait until the screen turns off (Dynavin won't turn off completely this time, just the display will go black, this should take also about one minute).
10. Turn Dynavin off by holding the power button for a few seconds, then remove the USB memory stick and you are done.

------------

If I were to suggest any changes to software it would be this:

-Selecting radio presets: If you select the "Up" arrow on the steering wheel it should make the radio preset go "Up" vertically in the list, not down. Going past the #1 or #6 preset should go to the next Band page and start off as #7 or #13, for FM.

-Standardize the background colors of the different functions. Mainly the ipod, since people that use it will be looking at that page a lot. One of the big selling points for me is the main screen BMW orange style and clean look. It would be great if the Ipod page looked the same. At least orange.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:35 AM   #36
J&T Distributing

Flybot.....on step 8 you do not need to turn the unit on....Im pretty sure of it as I have done this procedure dozens of times....

the reason you dont see any changes with the radio is the changes were just a bug fix in the RDS system....not something you can see. The new firmware changed the splash screen, fixed the RDS bug, and added ipod control to the steering wheel.

Old 11-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #37
Jazz78

Flybot, you didn't offend me, don't worry about it. I know my English isn't perfect, it wasn't easy for me to write the instructions and i was expecting that i made some mistakes.

About the points 4 and 8, like Jeff said, if i connect a USB memory stick to Dynavins DVD-USB port, my unit always turns on automatically. But i will add "turn on the Dynavin if it doesn't start automatically" to the instruction points 4 and 8.

The fact that you didn't have the BMW loading screen before you updated doesn't mean anything. I have the newest firmware with BMW and also with DVD loading logo. Dynavin probably has it also with their own logo.

Both are good suggestions.
Selecting radio presets: I also had my troubles with this, i was also expecting it to work the other way, but i have get used to it. Actually it works same (wrong) way for DTV also. I didn't talk about this with Dynavin, because i was thinking i was the only one who thinks it should be the other way.
About interface look. I don't use the iPod but i can understand what you are talking about. I find that the USB screen also looks too different from the radio and source select screens. I talked about this with Dynavin and they said that they can't change it. So probably they can't change the iPod screen also.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:38 AM   #38
Flybot

Interesting. My unit would not turn on automatically when I was doing the updates. My USB stick has a light when in use. It was certainly off until I turned the unit on. The two USBs are labeled differently. Maybe Im on the wrong one. But it works fine.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:01 PM   #39
JLondon

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
Dynavin V5.x update?

Maybe there will be a Dynavin V5.x update that will allow for BT voice dialing using the steering wheel controls. If so, I'll pull out my Parrot CK3000/Connects2 and install the Dynavin
JLondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:06 PM   #40
Hockeyman17

My Ride: 2005 E46 M3 SMG
^^^^^^^V5 E46 Voice Dialing Firmware Update for V5 using steering wheel controls would be great! In B.C. Canada it is against the law to dial on your dash while driving. I have my Dynavin on the way and am very excited to get my hands on it and have it installed!
Hockeyman17 is offline   Reply With Quote