E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Great Plains & Rocky Mountains

Great Plains & Rocky Mountains
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
CO IA KS MO MT ND NE SD WY

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.33 average.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:46 AM   #2741
RonnieRenaldi
MPRESIV

My Ride: Dinan Supercharged M
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium45 View Post
50's are 50's man... whatd'ya replace it with ? a 1.2L ? or is it not a 50
85mm f/1.2 L Mk II
RonnieRenaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:05 AM   #2742
Brandond11

My Ride: 2002 M3
Send a message via AIM to Brandond11 Send a message via Yahoo to Brandond11
Rich you had asked for a some more pics, I don't really have any good ones that do the hood justice.

Before

After
Brandond11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:32 AM   #2743
delirium45

My Ride: 2004 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///ACS-3 View Post
85mm f/1.2 L Mk II
yes, that is one serious lens. nice !

2011 Rocky Mountain Region GTS4 champion & "Rookie of the Year"
2012 Rocky Mountain Region GTS3 champion
Thanks Sponsors: SCR Performance & Built-by-Bones
delirium45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:33 AM   #2744
delirium45

My Ride: 2004 M3
Brandon, when you're up here next weekend, we'll get some pics

2011 Rocky Mountain Region GTS4 champion & "Rookie of the Year"
2012 Rocky Mountain Region GTS3 champion
Thanks Sponsors: SCR Performance & Built-by-Bones
delirium45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:08 AM   #2745
Brandond11

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium45 View Post
Brandon, when you're up here next weekend, we'll get some pics
You have no idea the excitement...
Old 10-29-2010, 12:15 AM   #2746
azzy989

My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to azzy989 Send a message via MSN to azzy989
new AA headers are in..... and let me tell you they really are amazing. will install tomorrow... they share the same basic pipe design and form as the ebay headers but that's where the similarities end.

some key differences between the AA headers vs the ebay headers that i had previously..

1) the AA header ports are HUGE. they are as large as the ports on the gaskets... in comparison the ebay headers have a much smaller diameter that is more in line with the actual port of the head. we will see whether i feel a boost in power or a loss of power as a result of the larger diameter ports...either that or the torque curve will be shifted farther to the right for a bit more midrange (i think this is the most likely scenario). one thing is for sure, on a modded head with a ported exhaust side, the ebay headers would be junk.. although that doesn't apply to me right now, it is something to keep in mind for the future

2) the pipes are both advertised as t-304 stainless but the AA ones are significantly thicker than the ebay ones. i would almost be bold enough to say that the pipes on the AA headers are double the thickness of the pipes on the ebay headers that i had.

3) the welds on the ebay headers looked decent, however the welds on the AA headers weren't even in the same league. they looked thick, strong and very precise.

something that i will say... do i honestly think that these differences make the AA headers worth so much more than the ebay headers? probably not... there is a huuuge price difference; although labor rates and material quality are vastly different when it comes to these headers i don't think it accounts for the price difference..

with that being said, i do think the AA headers are worth it in that they almost completely guarantee that the headers will be a 1 time job... vs the possible failure of ebay headers.. **runs to knock on wood** lol

Last edited by azzy989; 10-29-2010 at 02:46 AM.
azzy989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:03 AM   #2747
Malloybmw

My Ride: E46 M3
Hey guys here are a couple pictures of my car.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	381679   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI0066.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	381680   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI0062.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	381681   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI0067.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	381682  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI0061.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	381683  
Malloybmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:54 AM   #2748
Brandond11

Azzy that's good to hear, :jealous: I wonder if the different port size will make a difference in the sound... Good luck today!

Nice car! We need another shoot guys...
Old 10-29-2010, 12:21 PM   #2749
vapor325i

My Ride: 2003 325i sedan
ddddeeeeerrrrrrrrrrpppppppppppppppppp.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #2750
Richaraiza

My Ride: TS2+ 330ci, 135i
Send a message via AIM to Richaraiza Send a message via Yahoo to Richaraiza Send a message via Skype™ to Richaraiza
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEZi720 View Post
dammit rich.... come back to CO!
Can't I'm scared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberkaa View Post
What's so interesting in GA anyway?
Nothing it seems. Thought it was going to be better. I had this whole plan of going to Orlando a lot, but its way too far away. But I am going again next weekend. I've got friends there so I don't have to pay for a hotel. Plus the car needs to get looked at.
Richaraiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:42 PM   #2751
cyberkaa

Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richaraiza View Post
Can't I'm scared.

Nothing it seems. Thought it was going to be better. I had this whole plan of going to Orlando a lot, but its way too far away. But I am going again next weekend. I've got friends there so I don't have to pay for a hotel. Plus the car needs to get looked at.
That's too bad, but at least you'll get to go once in a while. Orlando is pretty decent except for the daily thunderstorms.

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
cyberkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:47 PM   #2752
Richaraiza

Send a message via AIM to Richaraiza Send a message via Yahoo to Richaraiza Send a message via Skype™ to Richaraiza
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberkaa View Post
That's too bad, but at least you'll get to go once in a while. Orlando is pretty decent except for the daily thunderstorms.
Haven't been in one yet, but I'm sure I will. I'm actually stationed here now that's the reason I live here now. Yes, it was by choice, but I'm immediately regretting it. I should have picked Ft. Lewis in Washington.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:49 PM   #2753
Richaraiza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandond11 View Post
Rich you had asked for a some more pics, I don't really have any good ones that do the hood justice.

Before

After
Yeah, the room I have right now, that thing would have never fit in there. I'm sad, but glad I sold it to you. Especially selling it to a friend. That way I know it'll get taken care of. How was the install? Were you missing anything else besides that one piece for the windshield washers?
Old 10-29-2010, 04:57 PM   #2754
Brandond11

Quote:
Yeah, the room I have right now, that thing would have never fit in there. I'm sad, but glad I sold it to you. Especially selling it to a friend. That way I know it'll get taken care of. How was the install? Were you missing anything else besides that one piece for the windshield washers?
I promise I'll take good care of it

The install was cake, I modified the grills and the hood vent to fit without having to glue them in like everyone else does. I just had to buy that vent, I detached the hood shock in fear of it bending the hood, so I'm rolling ghetto with a baseball bat hood stop. Haven't figured out an aesthetic alternative to that yet...
Old 10-29-2010, 04:59 PM   #2755
Brandond11

Alright boys & girls, if you have nothing to do and want some bada$$ Avs tickets PM me for a great deal. Section 110 Row 1 Aisle seats with a premier parking pass. Usually $450, but I can't go
Old 10-29-2010, 05:14 PM   #2756
Richaraiza

I'll buy them...

Last edited by Richaraiza; 10-29-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:41 PM   #2757
cyberkaa

Location: Sunnyvale, CA <-- Ithaca, NY <-- dirty jerz (201) Useful Posts: 25
My Ride: E46 332i,M3;E30 325i
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa Send a message via MSN to cyberkaa Send a message via Yahoo to cyberkaa
Quote:
Haven't been in one yet, but I'm sure I will. I'm actually stationed here now that's the reason I live here now. Yes, it was by choice, but I'm immediately regretting it. I should have picked Ft. Lewis in Washington.
Haha, well hopefully it'll get better.

M3 drive train conversion (S54 Swap, LSD, 6MT, suspension linkage) | UUC Stg 2 Organic Clutch | OEM M-Tech II Kit
KW V2 | BBS GT4 RE | Falken FK452 | Alcon 6-pot 365mm BBK | M3 steering wheel | Powerflex bushings

Quote:
Originally Posted by koven View Post
i'd rather be gapless with no bulge
cyberkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:18 PM   #2758
02m3csl325

My Ride: is Stage 2 AWD!
Rich u should've just stayed at Carson ya hoser.

Brandon, the hood looks awesome, didnt realize the fl coupe would fit pfl.

Ronnie, I wish I could take that new 360 off ur hands, theyre so very nice.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:30 PM   #2759
RonnieRenaldi
MPRESIV

My Ride: Dinan Supercharged M
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02m3csl325 View Post
Ronnie, I wish I could take that new 360 off ur hands, theyre so very nice.
Still available, lots of people texted me but they mostly want to trade with something else.
RonnieRenaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:43 PM   #2760
02m3csl325

My Ride: is Stage 2 AWD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///ACS-3 View Post
Still available, lots of people texted me but they mostly want to trade with something else.
Alright Ronnie, u drive a hard bargain but ill go ahead and trade u my old 360 and a Sony receiver and DVD player. Let me know when u want to meet up.

Tags
bmw exberts, colorado, denver, fifi, gaga ooh-la-la, kitty puuuuury, mile hi, more than you can afford, rolf, saint louis!, spee, steven was huuuurrr, steven's a girl eepsspee, toolberts, trebdesumanu, tuuuuuuuuuuuurbo awd?, vtec power