E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > DIY: Do It Yourself

DIY: Do It Yourself
Post here to share or improve your wrench turning skills! All BMW E46 DIY tips, tales, and projects discussed inside. Learn to work on your car and know the right BMW parts you will need!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 03:41 PM   #101
TRBOVNM

My Ride: 04 330 CI/04 Cobra
Send a message via AIM to TRBOVNM
bill,

I did pick up a performance intake. can you check the direction of that cover compared to the intake and let me know?

looking forward to these final pieces.

Jason
TRBOVNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:28 AM   #102
Nachos23

My Ride: 2004 330Xi
Send a message via MSN to Nachos23
Down to clear coating the parts. Will check direction tonight. Spent all weekend wrapping, and didn't finish till late last night, forgot to check. Will do so for sure tonight..... Plan is to clear coat tonight!!

Build thread started.

Nachos23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:37 AM   #103
Nachos23

Hey bud;

Just checked the pictures I took last night and the weave on your intake should match the weave on the performance intake. Looks like it's going right to left which is the direction of the weave on the performance intake.

Build thread started.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:41 AM   #104
H1RSCHY

My Ride: 328i 1999
anyone tried the blue kevlar with black carbon fiber yet? where did you get the cloth?
Old 11-08-2010, 10:10 AM   #105
TRBOVNM

My Ride: 04 330 CI/04 Cobra
Send a message via AIM to TRBOVNM
awesome Bill. can't wait.
TRBOVNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:04 PM   #106
Nachos23

Actually, I have 2 sets almost complete using the blue kevlar. Both actually comitted before I'd even received the cloth. Cloth is ordered from supplier in California. CJ Composite Technologies. Check other threads for Blue Kevlar Project thread.... that's where I'm posting those pictures.

One is for a blue M3 and the other a blue e46 sedan. Cloth looking much nicer as it wetted and darkened considerably. Actually very close the the BMW Blue.... Will post pictures over next couple of days as pieces get finished. Need to finish TRBOVNM's parts first tonight and some other individual parts (Cabin Air Filter cover and ECU and LCU) for some other guys, then complete these sets tomorrow night (or possibly tonight depending on time). Getting excited to see the finished products....

Build thread started.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:35 PM   #107
vXCONSTANTINEXv
Banned

My Ride: 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachos23 View Post
actually removing centre console is quite easy; just need to be methodical and remove the pieces that secure it and I can get it out in about 10 minutes. 2 screws in front and 4 in reear and it's out!
yea but but what about the armrest? and how hard was it to wrap it? please explain...this is my next project
vXCONSTANTINEXv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:03 PM   #108
Nachos23

Quote:
Originally Posted by vXCONSTANTINEXv View Post
yea but but what about the armrest? and how hard was it to wrap it? please explain...this is my next project
How hard is the armrest to wrap? Let's just say that the first coupe set that I wrapped had to be completely re-done after wrapping because it was terrible. The real art in wrapping is the applying of the fabric. The rest is basically processes that need to be followed. The trick is around the handle and ensuring the fabric lays properly. Since the handle has a wide sweeping flat section you need to figure out how to adjust the weave to maintain weave "straightness" and still provide coverage.

To remove armrest, you need to remove screws accessible from cabin (interior) and then remove door panel (held on my clips). Once door panel removed, you need to remove the handle. This is achieved by either shaving off plastic retainers and to re-assemble buy screws from local hardware and use them to re-secure. Better solution and it allows you to dis-assemble in the future if required.

here's a pictoral link that describes it quite well.... http://www.e46fanatics.com/howto/how...hp?howto_id=25

Hope this helps!

Build thread started.

Tags
carbon fiber, diy, e46, trim