E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements

Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements
Get the latest news and announcements from the site sponsors! To ask a question please use the 'Ask a Sponsor' forum.
Click here to view all the site sponsors and see what they are offering!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 08:07 PM   #1
FCPGroton
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: 2000 E39 / 2011 M3
FCP Groton - We Heard and Listened.

Hello, my name is Michael. I have recently joined the FCP Groton Team and will be working in multiple roles, which include liaising with the BMW community and working on a number of projects with FCP, I will also be quite active with our online community. I have been an active member of other forums and I look forward to being an active member of this forum too.

To give a brief background, I was one of the guys who followed various online posts and comments about FCP, their parts and bargain priced kits and such. Through all the feedback and often heated comments, I always noticed that FCP expressed genuine concern about the issues being brought up, this was evident in their responses, in their reactions and their willingness to come onto forum boards and respond to any issue.

I sent my thoughts, observations and concerns to FCP and was fortunate to be invited out there by Scott Drozd the CEO for a meet and greet and I was lucky to spend a few days with the team. I can tell you that it was not only a great experience meeting the team; it truly opened my eyes to the depth and extent of the FCP operation. First of all, let me tell you that FCP consists of a team of great people who are actually a reflection of this community. They drive cars similar to ours' and they too work on their cars much like we do. One other thing the team at FCP shares with is us a passion a passion for what they do, how they do it, how it is received and the impact it has. FCP's goal simply to be the BEST they can be Best in Price, Best in Selection and Best in Service. This is an unflinching mission for FCP and the entire team will be putting forth the efforts and resources necessary to achieve this goal.

I want to start by saying thank you to all our customers and for all the support and you have given. A major key point to note here is that FCP has heard and listened to you and your concerns and we have already taken major steps and carried out initiatives to ensure we always offer the BEST to you - our customers.

In the days to come, you will have the opportunity to meet the team at FCP and get to know more about us as a company. We are already reaching out to the community in various ways which will bring us even closer to our customers. We will be adding much needed and requested products to our inventory and will be bringing you more efficient and user-friendly ways to shop and get the parts you want. We plan to conduct real life tests of our parts to ensure their performance and quality and to also ensure that we are offering the best possible products to our customers.

We have taken the quality issue to heart at FCP and we have done a lot of due diligence in this area. It is indeed true that some of our parts are made in China and other locations; this is not unique to FCP as many other brands out-source manufacturing for greater efficiency and inventory availability. As part of our due diligence, we hired an indigenous consultancy firm to go out and physically check out our suppliers they checked out things like the Total Quality Management processes, ISO certifications and manufacturing processes, business set up and integrity. We wanted to be sure that we got to know our suppliers well and that we selected the right partners to provide us with quality products that we could offer our customers. We will share results of this endeavor with you in the future. As a company, FCP made some tough choices on who to continue relationships with and who to end relationships with. We also forged strong working relationships with our suppliers where we are able to make updates, upgrades or necessary changes to products to either improve them or eliminate any potential weaknesses. Based on continuing feedback and testing we will do, we will continue this practice.

We will be launching a new site in the very near future which will be a tremendous improvement on our current site and our customer interface. It will also have great features like grouped products to help you find your parts easier and faster. There will be newly added products focusing on the needs of the customer and the markets we serve. We plan on coming up with products and kits that offer customers complete solutions for repair and maintenance projects all in one solutions that will save you the hassle of shopping around just to find the things you need, and more importantly help you save money and extend the reach of your dollar.

We plan on conducting objective tests with test cars so that we have true life feedback and data on our parts and how they perform. We have taken a very keen interest in issues like premature failure of parts and are conducting root cause analysis into this. To better help you choose, we have graded our products into Good, Better and Best classifications so that our customers will be able to make a choice based on their individual needs and goals. FCP is not only able and willing to supply brands like Meyle and Lemforder, we actually carry them and we are a major supplier of these brands. Also, as part of our testing program, we will be working with experts in the automotive industry and aftermarket market.

To date, we have responded to market demands for budget conscious packages and we actually pioneered things like the suspension kits you now see on the market. While the more value priced parts are Good and made to high quality standards, it is important to note that they were made to function primarily within stock performance parameters. This does not excuse a part failing prematurely, and if that is the case, we intend to stand by our products, support our customer s and do what is right. That said, we have always had the ability to offer our customers choices, depending on their needs and so we will still be offering you the choice of FCP brands and higher end products from brands like Meyle and Lemforder. We will display these choices more prominently in the future so you can shop more effectively and in a more informed manner. We house many different brands to offer the best choices to everyone.

In the future, we will implement service and quality control processe in-house to better track any issues our customers face warranty issues, performance issues, fitment, right products going out, etc. We will be working hard to achieve the goal of being The Best we can in all we do for our customers. This is our mission and this is our promise.

We currently house up to $2M (Two Million Dollars) worth of inventory in our warehouse in Saybrook, CT. We process a large number of orders daily and ship them all over the world. While we may not be the little garage shop with two guys and a PC, we pay attention to all our customers in the best way we can and promise to improve upon our service to all our customers.

We have heard you, we have listened and we are responding. Please look forward to more information and communication from us from me, from Scott Drozd and other members of the FCP team. We will also inform you about the launch of the new site with a concerted focus on our customers' needs.

I am very excited about things to come and the growth of our relationship with our friends and customers in the community. I am thrilled and honored at the opportunity to work with the great team at FCP. I am always available for any feedback or questions you may have. You may contact me via the forums or at michaelo@fcpgroton.com.

Best Regards,
Michael.

MEET THE TEAM AT FCP:

Here are some pictures from FCP's office in Saybrook, CT.

FCPGroton is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:25 PM   #2
mvrk10256

My Ride: E30 325i
Send a message via AIM to mvrk10256
Welcome Mike.

I read through your long release and think that you guys are moving in the right direction. I have purchased things from you in the past and want to again compliment your company on the excellent Customer Service I received - every concern was addressed, problems were fixed in a timely manner, and the experience all in all was a good one.

However the quality issue needs to be more explained than addressed. I bought your bargain dollar front suspension kit for my e46 - this experience also dictated I would never buy another "china" made item from you. From the little things (like not having a hole drilled for the auto leveling sensor for the headlights) to the big stuff (having my poly FCABs pressed in backwards) the kit in my opinion is a waste. I ultimately ended up selling the car about 6 months after I installed the kit (unrelated) I did an inspection of the front suspension - The boots on the control arms and sway end links were already starting to crack and show wear - in a total distance of less than 3000 miles. While I openly admit the car was lowered on H&R race springs - this is way premature by any measure.

I guess the point of this post is simple. You either need to greatly increase the quality of the parts - or you need to issue a warning with them - the warning is that the parts are simply junk. I am not out to slander or to hate on you, but this is the truth - no boots should be showing major cracks at 3K miles. I have recommended your company to several friends but I am always careful to point out that they should under no circumstances buy your "china" parts - buy name brand pieces only. Again the reason I send them to you is because of the high level of service and understanding that your staff brings to the business.

All this aside - welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your time with us.

Sincerely,