E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 06:29 AM   #1
///Flash
Banned

My Ride: a donkey
Houston...store owner killed robbers

Americans and their hollywood movies. violence doesn't solve violence. sigh

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40713870...me_and_courts/
///Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:31 AM   #2
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Violence seemed to solve violence quite well in the case.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:44 AM   #3
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Flash View Post

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40713870...me_and_courts/
Haha if you don't see a happy ending here, you're blind!

This man is a HERO!

Quote:
As they were trying to tie up the store owner, the 52-year-old took out a handgun from his waistband and fatally shot one of the suspects, Smith said. The store owner then grabbed a shotgun and shot and killed the two other suspects in the ensuring gunbattle, Smith said.

The Houston Chronicle identified the store owner and his wife as Ramon and Eva Castillo, 48.

The newspaper said Castillo was in critical but stable condition at hospital after suffering gunshot wounds to his left shoulder, left abdomen and legs.

According to the Chronicle, Castillo apparently initially didn't realize he'd been shot until after he untied his wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:05 AM   #4
TC01

My Ride: 330CI
In my book it sounds like it worked out good. I bet the store owner is glad he kept the guns around, otherwise him and his wife could be dead right now.

Last edited by TC01; 12-17-2010 at 07:10 AM.
TC01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:32 AM   #5
BimmerFerret

My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
Wow, that guy is a hero. Well done sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:09 AM   #6
shwagon
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 325it 5-speed
///Flash has really been trolling lately...
My Gun Builds: AR-15, GSG-522-SD, Saiga 308
shwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:19 AM   #7
Glissco27

My Ride: is a smoked Xi
Send a message via AIM to Glissco27
pretty awesome he got shot and didnt realize it and stil managed to kill3 of them
Khoalty Black Matte Grill | Khoalty Smoked Turn Sig w/ LEDs | Khoalty Smoked Side Markers w/LEDs | Silver CF Vinyl Interior Trim | Khoalty LED Interior Kit | CF/White Roundels | Khoalty Smoked Tail Lights | Khoalty Angel Eyes | Aftermarket Pioneer sound system

***Wants***
M-tech II front Tiag
Glissco27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:42 AM   #8
speedcrazy1532

My Ride: is over
Awesome, unfortunate to have such scumbags around to need guns but thats reality! A three minute gun battle must have been pretty exhausting!
speedcrazy1532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:02 AM   #9
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwagon View Post
///Flash has really been trolling lately...
It's funny, he tries to post things that shed a "negative light", but they tend to be positive, good stories!

Quote:
I agree with JonJon.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:13 AM   #10
///Flash
Banned

My Ride: a donkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
It's funny, he tries to post things that shed a "negative light", but they tend to be positive, good stories!
why thank you. i know you are a moderator and all but this doesn't make your view/opinion more important than mine. Let's be adults and just agree to disagree in a polite and mature manner.

You are pro guns and I am anti-guns

Have a good day.
///Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:47 AM   #11
Locutus09

My Ride: Something Slow
Even if you are anti-guns. How did the robbers get theirs?

The woman was tied up in the back...The owner was going to be the same. I wouldn't be surprised if it was an execution style after they got what they wanted.

Someone legally owning a gun, and taking defense on his turf. Well deserved.

It's amazing to even think how much adrenaline this guy had in his system after taking 3 shots to the body. Not even realizing he got shot. It's truly amazing to think of the human body
Old 12-17-2010, 10:50 AM   #12
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

Quote:
why thank you. i know you are a moderator and all but this doesn't make your view/opinion more important than mine. Let's be adults and just agree to disagree in a polite and mature manner.

Have a good day.
Never said my views were more/less important than yours. If you feel that way cause my username is red, that's your insecurity.

This is OT, every man for him/herself! lol

Seriously though, I respect everyones opinion. Me being a Mod has nothing to do with anything.

I welcome your views and opinions and would love to debate and learn from each other, if you are willing... but when you post your opinion or start threads you OPEN YOURSELF up to responses. If you are posting just for "effect", that is called trolling. Don't want other peoples' opinions? Don't start a thread

Sounds like you would prefer the store owner to be defenseless and die? You wouldn't be standing in this country or most likely be able to express you views without persecution if it wasn't for guns

Quote:

/
"Americans?" What are you?

Quote:
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 12-17-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:55 AM   #13
Wraisil

My Ride: 2010 Infiniti G37
Violence seemed to have stopped the criminals from perpetrating anymore violence and saved us tax-payers a good amount of money in the process...
Wraisil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:11 AM   #14
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Never said my views were more/less important than yours. If you feel that way cause my username is red, that's your insecurity.

This is OT, every man for him/herself! lol

Seriously though, I respect everyones opinion. Me being a Mod has nothing to do with anything.

I welcome your views and opinions and would love to debate and learn from each other, if you are willing... but when you post your opinion or start threads you OPEN YOURSELF up to responses. If you are posting just for "effect", that is called trolling. Don't want other peoples' opinions? Don't start a thread

Sounds like you would prefer the store owner to be defenseless and die? You wouldn't be standing in this country or most likely be able to express you views without persecution if it wasn't for guns

"Americans?" What are you?
Well, I don't respect everyone's opinion. ANYONE who thinks that someone defending his family is wrong is an IDIOT. I don't care if he used a chain saw. He is one hell of a guy and should be very proud of himself.

If 10% of the men out there were half the man he was, the world would be a much better place.

JMO (and it is the RIGHT one)

PS - For all the anti-gun nuts out there... Answer this simple question please.

It is the middle of night and you just got off work. You are not tired and you decide to do some laundry. You go to your local laudrymat and there are 4 big ugly dudes who have a woman cornered in the empty laundromat. There are no other stores open for blocks. She has ripped clothes, her face is bloody, and she is screaming while 1 of the 4 is ripping her panties off. The other 3 are cheering and laughing. They see you and you are about 20ft away in the doorway with your basket of clothes. Two of them start walking towards you with a knife in one of their hands. They say something to the effect of "you ain't gonna get any of her, but you ain't goin no where neither."

What do you do now Mr. Anti Gun?

I know what I would do, I feel completely at peace with it.

JMO.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci

Last edited by GlockMan; 12-17-2010 at 11:25 AM.
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:22 AM   #15
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockMan View Post
Well, I don't respect everyone's opinion. ANYONE who thinks that someone defending his family is wrong is an IDIOT. I don't care if he used a chain saw. He is one hell of a guy and should be very proud of himself.

If 10% of the men out there were half the man he was, the world would be a much better place.

JMO (and it is the RIGHT one)
I couldn't possibly agree more, it would be impossible.
I don't agree with idiots, but I respect their right to be one. lol

I'll NEVER agree with peoples' mentalities such as //Flash, but I sort of understand why...

Lack of understanding, negative media portrayal, false sense of security, dependency on others, projection of evil on inanimate objects instead of people, etc.

I think most people just aren't educated to this topic and due to their fear and lack of understanding they are focusing their energy on the wrong source of the problem.

Sheep

Quote:
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 12-17-2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:26 AM   #16
Master Po

My Ride: E46 no more
Quote:

Have a good day.
There's nothing wrong in being anti-gun. I'm one myself.
The problem is... you picked the wrong story for your soap box and shot yourself in the foot.

I'm waiting for updates to the story... wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen exactly as the store owner reported it...
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:37 AM   #17
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
There's nothing wrong in being anti-gun. I'm one myself.
The problem is... you picked the wrong story for your soap box and shot yourself in the foot.

I'm waiting for updates to the story... wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen exactly as the store owner reported it...
Why is this a wrong story? Because it proves that the right to carry firearms is effective in defending ones life and stopping crime?

I agree there is nothing wrong with being anti-gun, that is your right. But that doesn't override anyone else's right nor void the 2nd Amendment.
Are you anti-gun or anti-crime/violence?

If you are truly antigun, you should feel that even cops should not carry, our military shouldn't carry nor should hunters that catch their food carry?

Tell me, is that how you feel? Are you truly Anti-gun? Or just anti-murder/anti-crime with your energy and focus directed at the wrong source?

I really am curious.

PS: Surveillance video of the owners shop was just released!!!

Quote:
"Somebody would have to be stupid to come rob the place because of the way it's set up," said a 30-year-old East End resident who would not give his name. "Everybody in the neighborhood knows how it is - everybody knows once you get in, he has to let you out. When you walk in, he buzzes you in, and when you walk out, he has to buzz you out."

The crime unfolded at 2:08 p.m. Thursday when two men posing as customers came into the store and asked the Castillos to show them some rings. As the husband and wife helped the two men, a third man walked into the store, pulled a pistol and announced he was robbing the business.

Quote:
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 12-17-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:52 PM   #18
davematuska

My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP -Imola
I believe that those people who are anti gun believe that if guns were illegal that the criminals wouldn’t have them and thus the store owner wouldn’t have needed them (correct me if that isn’t your opinion //flash). But I think that anyone who believes that is failing to realize that this store owner was older and by himself in a fight with 4 thugs. They could have easily overpowered him and done anything they wanted to his wife and to him. The guns equalized this law abiding older store owner with four criminals the way a bat, pepper spray, telephone, alarm system, or butcher knife never could. Besides, even if they did make guns illega,l law enforcement would be powerless to keep them from the hands of criminals. Don’t believe me? Look at cocaine. Illegal since 1914, millions of dollars spent on enforcement every month (US Army, Navy, Coast guard, DEA, Customs, Border Patrol, State and local law enforcement) and you can buy it in any high school for relatively cheap. What makes anyone think that guns would be any easier to stop from importation?
davematuska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:58 PM   #19
ThEnder

My Ride: has twin turbos
Quote:

Have a good day.
Well hang on a second...what do you suggest the owner should have done if not defend himself and his wife with a firearm? It seems like it all would have been over long before the police showed up, and who knows if either of the victims would be alive...
Old 12-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #20
ThEnder

My Ride: has twin turbos
Quote:
Originally Posted by davematuska View Post
I believe that those people who are anti gun believe that if guns were illegal that the criminals wouldn’t have them and thus the store owner wouldn’t have needed them (correct me if that isn’t your opinion //flash). But I think that anyone who believes that is failing to realize that this store owner was older and by himself in a fight with 4 thugs. They could have easily overpowered him and done anything they wanted to his wife and to him. The guns equalized this law abiding older store owner with four criminals the way a bat, pepper spray, telephone, alarm system, or butcher knife never could. Besides, even if they did make guns illega,l law enforcement would be powerless to keep them from the hands of criminals. Don’t believe me? Look at cocaine. Illegal since 1914, millions of dollars spent on enforcement every month (US Army, Navy, Coast guard, DEA, Customs, Border Patrol, State and local law enforcement) and you can buy it in any high school for relatively cheap. What makes anyone think that guns would be any easier to stop from importation?
I think you're right. If a criminal is willing to conduct armed robbery, murder, rape, etc...why would the balk at purchasing a firearm illegally? And arguing that illegality halts availability is insane, see drugs.