E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking

Suspension & Braking
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #61
glovesoff

My Ride: 1999 328i
I just got my Konigsports installed today... so far I'm very pleased. I will post a real review in about 2 weeks after they settle a bit and I re-adjust the height and re-align it.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:42 AM   #62
GreyStorm1499

My Ride: M3
Seems like alot of people are really liking these, I will definately keep an eye out to the updates and reviews to see how the mileage and response continues. Hopefully its a great product and I will get a set when its time to replace my shocks.
GreyStorm1499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:23 PM   #63
ChiMaster

My Ride: 01 330ci, 14 Explore
Joe, I purchased the FK Sport Edition Plus E46.

The picture seems to show RSM's included.
Is this the case or will I need to purchase separate rear shock mounts?

tks

Last edited by ChiMaster; 05-05-2010 at 05:59 PM.
ChiMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:41 PM   #64
ECSTuning
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiMaster View Post
Joe, I purchased the FK Sport Edition Plus E46.

The picture seems to show RSM's included.
Is this the case or will I need to purchase separate rear shock mounts?

tks
The Sport Editions do come with RSM, however if you are looking for the ultimate RSM I would suggest the MEYLE HD units, along with the Z3 plates.

Click HERE to order or for more information.

From there all you need to do is simply enter your postal code and you will be given an exact shipping quote.

Please let me know if you have any questions! Feel free to shoot me a PM or email.

Cheers,
Joe

Have questions? Need answers? Live Chat us! 8:30am to 12:00am Midnight EST
sales@ecstuning.com | customerservice@ecstuning.com
Customer Service Hours: M - F 8:00am - 8:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
Sales Team Hours: M - F 8:00am - 11:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST | 800.924.5172
Do you love surveys? Click HERE to take our Customer Satisfaction Survey!
ECSTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:45 PM   #65
ChiMaster

My Ride: 01 330ci, 14 Explore
Thanks Joe!
ChiMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:52 PM   #66
generic 330i

My Ride: 2004 330i
Was thinking of creating a new thread to post my review but got lazy and decided to just post it in this thread to keep it in one place. I purchased the FK Sport Edition and Meyle RSM for my 330i ZHP. When I received the box it was missing the lub spray can. ECS claims that they sent me a replacement but its been over two weeks. I just used WD-40 while I continue to wait for it....

I installed the coilover myself with friends and I found that the rear pistons were larger in diameter than the stock ones. This presented 2 issues:

1. The stock bumpstop was hard to fit back on (FYI: I did not cut them because the ZHP/Sport suspension had shorter bumpstops).
2. I could not use the Meyle RSM that I bought from ECS, good thing the FK's came with their own RSM so I decided to just use those. Not sure if anyone else ran into this issue but ECS informed me I was the first to have problems like this. I am in the process of returning the Meyle RSM.

I have installed these for over a week now and dialed the dampers to 2 which feels almost as good as my stock suspension (1 softest 6 hardest). I was pretty hesitant with going with Coilovers because I did not want to sacrifice comfort. There is a slight bounce on some rough patches of pavement but I am pleased so far with the ride and haven't dialed it to 1 yet. I do like the Coilovers because I was able to adjust them to the height that I wanted and removed the horrid 2 finger gap front and 1 finger gap rear. My only issue as with other Coilovers is that if you want to adjust the height of the rears later on, you'll have to drop the shocks and pull the perch out because the perch is so low you can't get the spanner wrench in. I took some pictures and might post them later on.

So in conclusion my ride feels almost stock, looks better, and handles great on setting 2. I'll be taking the car back to the AutoX next month and try different settings and re-post again.

Not sure if anyone cars but I have 19x8 ET35 and the fronts did not rub, I have my stock 18x8 wheels for winter setup so I'll find out if they will rub in November/December.

Last edited by generic 330i; 05-10-2010 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Additonal info
generic 330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:40 PM   #67
tiloulou330i

My Ride: 02 330i zsp
Send a message via AIM to tiloulou330i Send a message via MSN to tiloulou330i Send a message via Yahoo to tiloulou330i
With the sport edition plus i was unable to use the oem bump stops cuz the pistons on the rear FK shocks are so freaking big.I'm running them without any bump stops.

Originally Posted by nawmean?
I know I sound naive, but some of the advice I've taken from this board has helped my life quite a bit
tiloulou330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:48 PM   #68
generic 330i

My Ride: 2004 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiloulou330i View Post
With the sport edition plus i was unable to use the oem bump stops cuz the pistons on the rear FK shocks are so freaking big.I'm running them without any bump stops.
I made mine fit by use of a drill on the bumpstop and some carb cleaner, fit like a charm
generic 330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:05 PM   #69
dogdaysunrise

My Ride: Sechsundvierzig
I'm running them now.
Still waiting for my spacers which will be here friday, then I can really take them for a test.
Right now it's just some shitty 8mm spacers that cause lots of vibration, I'm staying off the highways, because above 55 it feels not good.
So far I'm impressed with how much comfort they provide, they don't feel harsh, but quite sporty.
I'm set at a solid 2" in the front and 1.75" in the rear.
According to my shop, this is as low as it goes without having the alignment completely off and needing adjustable strut mounts.

dogdaysunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:41 AM   #70
jott5555

My Ride: 01 330ci
I installed mine last week and it seems like the front is to high, i raised it up and removed the tire again to lower the spring perch but it almost seems like if i lower the perch any more its going to remove the tension on the spring and the spring will just be sitting on the perch with little to no tension between the lower perch and upper plate..

Did other people have this issue?
Old 10-26-2010, 09:49 AM   #71
love2drive330CI

My Ride: 2001 330CI
I am catching up as I have not been on here in a bit...
How goes the reviews?

Specifically anyone that had oem sports package and now in FK silverline x or FK sports edition plus?

Thanks!!!
Old 11-02-2010, 12:16 PM   #72
green e46driver

My Ride: E46
love2drive330ci, I had oem sport Package and went with the FK Sport Edition plus. I love them and easy install if you have done them befor. The ride seems to be softer on lower settings than the OEM. It is my DD so and drive about 50 miles a day for work. If you are going low you might want to get camber kit depends on wheels.
green e46driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:48 PM   #73
alpine003

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSTuningJoe View Post
Yes, they use the same size OEM mounts.

+1

You are correct, however you will want to use MEYLE HD replacements with new Gaskets and I would also recommend the Z3 reinforcement plate.

Once you decide which coilover you would like I can create a custom link for you with everything all in one.

Right after they were installed, it is now currently lower.

I would like to state that the FK CO's I have do NOT fit on the OEM rear shock mounts. Just looking to set the record straight.

Update on FK Units: More info here: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...4#post12601624

Last edited by alpine003; 12-21-2010 at 06:07 PM.
alpine003 is offline   Reply With Quote