E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Sports Central

Sports Central
NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL, NLL, Olympics etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-18-2010, 10:03 PM   #1
@mir

My Ride: '04 ///M3
NBA Trades....

Orlando just got stacked.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/12/18//...s=iref:nbahpt2
Old 12-18-2010, 10:11 PM   #2
Camicia

My Ride: Automobile
It's win or break for them.
By the way, apprently they are not done with the trades...
Camicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:17 PM   #3
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Interesting. I'm not sure if they did well or not.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:27 PM   #4
Novare330

My Ride: AA s/c AMBULAMPS
orlando get some more offensive fire power, but it doesnt make them better

- they lost a lot on the defensive end by getting rid of pietrus, arguably one of their best defenders after dwight, jason richardson and gilbert arenas dont know the meaning of defense.

- you traded one bad contract for another (lewis and arenas)

- you got rid of one fragile player for one that has knees made of pretzel sticks and cotton candy (arenas)

- you now have two players who are shoot first minded, volume shooters that have never really been on a team where they have been able to coexist with another volume shooter.

- with the departure of lewis and gortat, your front court becomes thinner, you get turk back at the 4, who is softer than butter in the microwave, but outside of that, you have ryan andersen to back him up, and you slide brandon bass into the 5 to back up howard.

on the plus side, orlando does get more firepower, and the ability to run a faster style of offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbworld View Post
Need some opinion. Stock Titanium Silver coupe without spoiler, using the 2 Fast 2 furious skyline vinyl scheme. What do you think, do it or not? plus, i think it would look better then what most car members have here.
Novare330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:10 AM   #5
E36Eric

My Ride: E36
Send a message via AIM to E36Eric
Are they saving up for cp3? Jrich and agent zero. Lolz.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:26 AM   #6
iwannagofast

My Ride: 01 330ci
Send a message via AIM to iwannagofast
ya i saw all of this wtf happend... i was at work for a lil while and i come home and alot of change happend... turd is back with the magic and so is agent 0... lewis is on the wizards... j rich moved... gortat is gone... wtf happend

i guess the heat struck fear in alot of other teams (joking lol)

xbox live: stopthisfall
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:04 AM   #7
endy

My Ride: W211 E55 AMG
i'm sad for suns.. they didn't get sh!t and on steve nash's twitter: damn. he doesn't seem too happy.. jrich #2 option scoring on suns.. what a loss..
Old 12-19-2010, 06:54 AM   #8
Azn328i

My Ride: e39 M5
Send a message via AIM to Azn328i
Pretty bad trade for the Magic I think.

They lost their biggest strength in dept with the loss of Gortat. His stats might not be impressive, but he plays VERY limited minutes and they're all solid.

Jrich is the best acquisition of the trade, he's clearly better than VC. Arenas is a slight improvement over Nelson. Hedo... I don't know. He fit better at SF on the Magic than as a PF.

This is definitely gonna be a hit or miss. The worst part is, of the players that were moved, the player the Magic traded away were the better defensive players. They got back some of the worst defensive players in the league.
Azn328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:50 AM   #9
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
I am sure Vince Carter is real happy since this is where he grew up and he just built a 20MM house here.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:55 AM   #10
Novare330

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Eric View Post
Are they saving up for cp3? Jrich and agent zero. Lolz.
not at all lol didnt even think of jrich's contract.... i guess they have two massive contracts right now

Quote:
Need some opinion. Stock Titanium Silver coupe without spoiler, using the 2 Fast 2 furious skyline vinyl scheme. What do you think, do it or not? plus, i think it would look better then what most car members have here.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:57 AM   #11
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by endy View Post
i'm sad for suns.. they didn't get sh!t and on steve nash's twitter: damn. he doesn't seem too happy.. jrich #2 option scoring on suns.. what a loss..
What did Nash say?
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:12 AM   #12
TruckDaddy

My Ride: 1991 Kenworth T600
Aside from the trade for J Rich, I don't think they improved at all. They traded a struggling, expensive player in Rashard Lewis for another struggling, expensive player in Arenas. They lost Gortat who was a solid back-up for Howard. Then, IMO the dumbest move of all, they bring back a more expensive, less productive Turkoglu. He was too expensive for you when he was hot and helped you get to the finals, but now that he's earning more and scoring less he's going to help save your team??? The Magic are going to be like the Suns were in 03-04. Fast, fun to watch offense that wins you your division, but when it's time to get in the playoffs, get bounced in the first round for not playing defense.

Say what again. Say What AGAIN! I DARE YA, I DOUBLE DARE YA MOTHAFCUKA! SAY WHAT ONE MORE GOD DAMN TIME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by enter
It's a social thing guys get over it. My mom said in Chinese culture the longer your hair down there is the higher class you are, and my mom is one of the classiest ladies i know.
TruckDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:11 PM   #13
b0bab0i

My Ride: x
They still need to trade Jameer Nelson.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:15 PM   #14
Novare330

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDaddy View Post
Aside from the trade for J Rich, I don't think they improved at all. They traded a struggling, expensive player in Rashard Lewis for another struggling, expensive player in Arenas. They lost Gortat who was a solid back-up for Howard. Then, IMO the dumbest move of all, they bring back a more expensive, less productive Turkoglu. He was too expensive for you when he was hot and helped you get to the finals, but now that he's earning more and scoring less he's going to help save your team??? The Magic are going to be like the Suns were in 03-04. Fast, fun to watch offense that wins you your division, but when it's time to get in the playoffs, get bounced in the first round for not playing defense.

doubt they win their division

Quote:
Old 12-19-2010, 12:34 PM   #15
@mir

My Ride: '04 ///M3
see the thing with orlando was they were trying to have carter be their play maker and go to guy who makes big shots, however he often doesnt show up to play. im thinking j rich and gilbert will fill that void.

it also seems like they stacking them selves with guards to match up with miami and boston.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:56 PM   #16
TruckDaddy

My Ride: 1991 Kenworth T600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novare330 View Post
doubt they win their division
I hear ya.

Say what again. Say What AGAIN! I DARE YA, I DOUBLE DARE YA MOTHAFCUKA! SAY WHAT ONE MORE GOD DAMN TIME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by enter
It's a social thing guys get over it. My mom said in Chinese culture the longer your hair down there is the higher class you are, and my mom is one of the classiest ladies i know.
TruckDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 01:09 PM   #17
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
Oh, well. I'll still support them. It will make things interesting.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:13 PM   #18
dramacydaL

My Ride: 04 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novare330 View Post
orlando get some more offensive fire power, but it doesnt make them better

- they lost a lot on the defensive end by getting rid of pietrus, arguably one of their best defenders after dwight, jason richardson and gilbert arenas dont know the meaning of defense.

- you traded one bad contract for another (lewis and arenas)

- you got rid of one fragile player for one that has knees made of pretzel sticks and cotton candy (arenas)

- you now have two players who are shoot first minded, volume shooters that have never really been on a team where they have been able to coexist with another volume shooter.

- with the departure of lewis and gortat, your front court becomes thinner, you get turk back at the 4, who is softer than butter in the microwave, but outside of that, you have ryan andersen to back him up, and you slide brandon bass into the 5 to back up howard.

on the plus side, orlando does get more firepower, and the ability to run a faster style of offense.
Can't agree more! Orlando's making a huge mistake to think they could turn back the hands of time and bring back the hot Hedo they once had. He's on the downward slope of his talent and is going to struggle on any team. On the other hand, I am fairly optimistic of Arenas and J. Richardson helping the Magic out. I'm sure it's a nice change up for Arenas to come to a winning team and Richardson's going to ball hard wherever he's at.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:57 PM   #19
iwannagofast

My Ride: 01 330ci
Send a message via AIM to iwannagofast
ill bet anyone 20 bucks that gortat is gonna ball on the suns and be the starter soon

xbox live: stopthisfall
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:09 PM   #20
Dinan e36

My Ride: LEXUS IS350
Send a message via AIM to Dinan e36
i think orlando did the right thing, Arenas/Jrich/Hedo/Bass/Howard or Nelson/Jrich/Hedo/Bass/Howard is still a good lineup. I think Arenas will play harder after being traded cause it was just a huge cluster F in Washington.