E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Sports Central

Sports Central
NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL, NLL, Olympics etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-19-2010, 08:16 PM   #21
Novare330

My Ride: AA s/c AMBULAMPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan e36 View Post
i think orlando did the right thing, Arenas/Jrich/Hedo/Bass/Howard or Nelson/Jrich/Hedo/Bass/Howard is still a good lineup. I think Arenas will play harder after being traded cause it was just a huge cluster F in Washington.
he will play harder.

for 2 games, before his knees buckle and his season is done, play hard and gilbert arenas dont belong in the same sentence anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbworld View Post
Need some opinion. Stock Titanium Silver coupe without spoiler, using the 2 Fast 2 furious skyline vinyl scheme. What do you think, do it or not? plus, i think it would look better then what most car members have here.
Novare330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:29 PM   #22
Dinan e36

My Ride: LEXUS IS350
Send a message via AIM to Dinan e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novare330 View Post
he will play harder.

for 2 games, before his knees buckle and his season is done, play hard and gilbert arenas dont belong in the same sentence anymore.
yea but was Rashard any better? that guy just shoots and hardly takes it to the rim like he used to in his supersonic days.

If Arenas doesnt want to play, Orlando has plenty of guards to go to who can just dump it in to Dwight.

Having Rashard is not a true PF and that guy's defense is weak too.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:11 PM   #23
Novare330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan e36 View Post
yea but was Rashard any better? that guy just shoots and hardly takes it to the rim like he used to in his supersonic days.

If Arenas doesnt want to play, Orlando has plenty of guards to go to who can just dump it in to Dwight.

Having Rashard is not a true PF and that guy's defense is weak too.
his defense was weak, there was never a question, but his one big advantage was that he could spread the floor and draw opposing 4's out away from the post where 90% of 4's in the league are less effective, plus hes still dangerous from beyond the arc when given room, and someone you do not want to leave open, despite the decline in his play.

arenas is a volume shooter that is a shoot first, facilitate later type of player,
with a terrible bill of health and is never really at 100%. even in washington he was only a fraction of what he used to be before his major injuries. he fits into orlando's system in the way that hes trigger happy from beyond the arc, but aside from that, hes a liability on defense and his tofu knees will be an on going concern throughout the season.

all in all id rather take lewis.

Quote:
Need some opinion. Stock Titanium Silver coupe without spoiler, using the 2 Fast 2 furious skyline vinyl scheme. What do you think, do it or not? plus, i think it would look better then what most car members have here.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:49 PM   #24
Anub!s

My Ride: e92M, e46 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Anub!s Send a message via MSN to Anub!s Send a message via Yahoo to Anub!s
did you say mickael pietrus is one of the best defenders after howard?

Magic got a little better considering they got rid of carter's old a$$ that barely got to and from the gym without hurting a hip. jr was having a great season offensively
Arenas is still a great offensive player, just needs therapy.
Turk, wasn't the same since he left orlando last time so there's not much to expect.

Defensively, magic just screwed themselves. None of those fools can play D. Not that the players they gave up were much better, but a 7 footer and a decent defender in mp is better than these guys.

Suns, just saved a bunch of money on car insurance by switching to vince. Bye bye carter in his final season.
Gorat will start for the suns before the end of this season guaranteed. Might happen before the all start break.

Wiz, actually will be better without arenas headaches. lewis can step out and shoot the three while the rook penetrates and dishes. Wall just made big dawg in washington.

Last edited by Anub!s; 12-19-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Anub!s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:59 PM   #25
Novare330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anub!s View Post
did you say mickael pietrus is one of the best defenders after howard?

Magic got a little better considering they got rid of carter's old a$$ that barely got to and from the gym without hurting a hip. jr was having a great season offensively
Arenas is still a great offensive player, just needs therapy.
Turk, wasn't the same since he left orlando last time so there's not much to expect.

Defensively, magic just screwed themselves. None of those fools can play D. Not that the players they gave up were much better, but a 7 footer and a decent defender in mp is better than these guys.

Suns, just saved a bunch of money on car insurance by switching to vince. Bye bye carter in his final season.
Gorat will start for the suns before the end of this season guaranteed. Might happen before the all start break.

Wiz, actually will be better without arenas headaches. lewis can step out and shoot the three while the rook penetrates and dishes. Wall just made big dawg in washington.
wizards did get better, plus they are a young team, wall is sick, mcgee has promise, and nick young looks to be a diamond in the rough, and with a little boost from a hopefully healthy josh howard, they might just have a good team in a season or so.

and yes pietrus is one of their best defenders, which does speak volumes.

Quote:
Old 12-19-2010, 11:52 PM   #26
jessief29812

My Ride: 2002 bmw 330xi
and they gave up a first round pick.... and 3 million... idk i think the magic could have gotten a better deal done but they probably see something we dont?
Old 12-19-2010, 11:56 PM   #27
jessief29812

My Ride: 2002 bmw 330xi
there line up isnt so bad though.... nelson jrich turk bass howard and arenas as a 6th man...
Old 12-20-2010, 12:00 AM   #28
Anub!s

My Ride: e92M, e46 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Anub!s Send a message via MSN to Anub!s Send a message via Yahoo to Anub!s
their first round pick is more like an early second round pick. With the pending lock out and the up coming class it would be quite useless.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:07 AM   #29
juslookin

My Ride: 05 330ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDaddy View Post
I hear ya.
^^^doubt they win in the east ^^^
juslookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:18 AM   #30
iwannagofast

My Ride: 01 330ci
Send a message via AIM to iwannagofast
Quote:
Originally Posted by juslookin View Post
^^^doubt they win in the east ^^^

xbox live: stopthisfall
iwannagofast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:35 AM   #31
juslookin

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannagofast View Post
Mad at what ? I'm just saying how many times heat lose to boston this year?
Old 12-20-2010, 11:32 AM   #32
Novare330

Quote:
as a true heat fan, and a heat fan of 18 years, i can say definitively that the celtics are infact a better team than the heat right now, pay no mind to the fan boys, they are poor representations of heat fans.

boston has been through many seasons and have proved that they have the winning combination and what it takes to win it all. the heat are still in their first season with plenty to prove, plenty of bugs to work out still at this stage, and ironing out the last few kinks of our chemistry issues. though miami looks promising right now and it looks like we've found our comfort zone, until we win a title we still are not on the level of the celtic's big three.

miami does show a lot of promise currently, especially during this win streak, we lead the NBA in greatest points disparity average in our wins, and we have seen brief spurts of greatness from not just our big 3 but from everyone every game. when miami played boston, we were not on the level that we are on now, the heat are a whole different animal at this point, better than the celtics? maybe yes, maybe no, but one thing i can say for sure is that the next time these two teams meet it will be a much MUCH closer game than we've seen in the past, barring major injuries and assuming both sides bring their A game.

that being said, boston's big 3 have experience, chemistry, and a very unique winning formula, but they are all also in the twilight of their careers, and one can only assume that they dont have too many more seasons left until father time catches up with them. miami's big 3 is still getting a feel for things on the same team, they have the blue print of a winning formula but not much experience, yet.... but they are also much younger, faster, stronger, and in many ways, more capable on both ends of the floor than the boston big 3.

each side has their pros and cons, but the 7 game series at the eastern conference finals should decide all

Quote:
Old 12-20-2010, 02:28 PM   #33
@mir

My Ride: '04 ///M3
carmelo to the lakers?
Old 12-20-2010, 02:43 PM   #34
juslookin

Quote:
Originally Posted by @mir View Post
carmelo to the lakers?
I hope not. Kobe probably wouldn't like that lol. Hopefully melo goes to knicks with amare since lebron took his talents to south beach.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:44 PM   #35
@mir

ok lets break down this carmelo anthony to the lakers situation. we all know the lakers are very very low key and smart with their trades.

getting rid of sasha (5.5mill opened up and they qualified for a $5 million free exception on any trade difference. This means that the Lakers can play this "get out of jail card" on a trade to make the numbers work)

adding joe smith, another big man to make the case that andrew bynum is now trade able.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:12 PM   #36
iwannagofast

My Ride: 01 330ci
Send a message via AIM to iwannagofast
Quote:
lol dont take that post seriously or directed directly at you (even though i quoted you) it was just me posting a pic and being stupid lol..... and yes celtics are a better team than the heat right now. so are the lakers.... but when it comes down to playoffs its gonna be some damn great basketball and lets be honest... everything is speculation and no one has any idea whats gonna happen

xbox live: stopthisfall
iwannagofast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:16 PM   #37
Novare330

Quote:
ok lets break down this carmelo anthony to the lakers situation. we all know the lakers are very very low key and smart with their trades.

getting rid of sasha (5.5mill opened up and they qualified for a $5 million free exception on any trade difference. This means that the Lakers can play this "get out of jail card" on a trade to make the numbers work)

adding joe smith, another big man to make the case that andrew bynum is now trade able.
id rather melo stay out west, not necessarily go to the lakers, but staying out west will keep the two conferences somewhat balanced.

Quote:
Old 12-20-2010, 03:33 PM   #38
@mir

ok that make 0 sense.

you'd rather him go to the east, where orlando, boston and miami are? and then well have the knicks?
Old 12-20-2010, 03:46 PM   #39
Novare330

Quote:
ok that make 0 sense.

you'd rather him go to the east, where orlando, boston and miami are? and then well have the knicks?
were you talking to me?

Quote:
Old 12-20-2010, 04:06 PM   #40
Dinan e36

My Ride: LEXUS IS350
Send a message via AIM to Dinan e36
why would the lakers need melo? they're doing fine without him. If he's smart, he should goto the Knicks and have an easier time in the playoffs, just sayin.