E46 Fanatics Forum banner

New memeber 325i and m3 Qs

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  AirFlight 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is Mike and I'm 17. I wanted a BMW for a long time. I finaly got one. A 2002 BMW 325i with 74k milles, it has premium package i belive and is face lifted. My dad has a body shop. So to save some money and learn few things about these cars i did buy a car that has been in an accident. The car is not salvage. Fixing the car won't be that hard (i hope), but i do need to buy parts.

So here is the list of the parts that i need. Please tell me where is the best place to get them.

Bumper. I want to get Mtech
Headlamp xenon ( on ebay around 200$)
Right HUB
Right Knukle
Right Arm lower
Right Strut
Right Rod front tie

Also i need two front airbags and a module. I have fond some good deals on ebay, but i dont know which one to buy.

Maybe someone has a partout and i can buy from them. I live in canada so he prices here are a little bit higher.

I will be very very happy if you guys could help me.

P.S i have found m3 e46 for part out. So i wonder if i could fit wheelhouse assy (not sure about dimensions) on to my 325i. I have red here that fenders and probably hood could fit. I know driver air bag will fit nice(passenger and module not sure). What about suspension parts.

See less See more
#2 ·
Try to put non-M parts back onto your 325i. Suspension parts from M3 are not interchangeable with non-M (well, the ones that you need that is ).

For things like headlights and bumpers I recommend www.Khoalty.com

All other things you will be able to get local from guys fro part out, I for one actually have a pair of struts and I'm in Toronto, ON and willing to sell to you, if you are in the GTA area, because I dont want to ship right now.

I think I also have tie rods, but I need to check as I'm not sure.

#4 ·
Welcome to the forums! Let me push you in the right direction with parts...

*All the companies I'm going to list all have great reputations on the forums for all the accessories you've listed above and much much more*

Mod Bargains (Have the most products available for your BMW)
Khoalty
Umnitza
Jlevi
Euro-Spec

Regarding body kits, I would RECOMMEND getting them from Umnitza. They have a "Bumper Bonanza" going on as of now and they have the cheapest front and rear bumpers for sedan or coupe (140 front bumper I think) **NOTE** DO NOT listen to a lot of people on the forums saying, buy from the more expensive companies for Front/Rear bumper replicas. ALL REPLICAS ARE THE SAME AND MADE THE SAME WITH THE SAME MATERIALS. The reason why people say buy from here and buy from there is because of their PERSONAL experience buying from that company and the companies customer service. All of the companies I've listed have all great customer service, so go with the cheapest option when buying "common" parts.

Regarding Xenon's...I wouldn't recommend getting Xenon Headlights off of EBAY. Mind you, OEM Xenon headlights are over $1k. That is because it is the brightest headlight for your E46 plus it is an OEM product so it is guaranteed. If you want a "aftermarket" Xenon headlight, get Projector46s by DEPO. You can find them on pretty much all the sites I've listed above. They all come in packages with Angel Eyes so depending on which kit you want, you might have to pay more or less etc. I know ModBargains has them for $515 for Hyper White Angel Eyes(not sure if they were manufactured by modbargains or not you'd have to ask them) and projector headlights. What a LOT of people here on the forums run are the Projector46s with the Orion V2 Angel Eyes by Umnitza. They are about 450 bucks and they are very good, tbh ALL of the Angel Eye kits by ALL sponsors here on the site look good, just depends on what YOU like.

Regarding struts etc...I would recommend ECS Tuning. They have great customer support for sure, and they have a LOT of OEM grade parts for you to choose from on an organized website. You definitely can't go wrong with them! Also about fitting your M3 parts (or M parts on a Non-M car) There is a STICKY on the top of the "General Forums" on how to fit MOST parts...this does not entail performance parts considering a LOT of not all M parts would not be compatible.

Lastly HF with your car and welcome to the forums, you'll catch the mod bug shortly after I post this so no worries, we're all there with ya haha. :thumbsup:

~Steve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.