E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:54 PM   #41
TrickTizzle

My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to TrickTizzle
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
I don't think that's the issue. It is more that instead of answering the guy when he pointed it out, they just raised all the individual prices to make the kit cheaper than the sum of it parts. Shitty business practice imo.
yeah so?

everyone knows bundles are cheaper.
TrickTizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:59 PM   #42
El Zilcho

My Ride: 2001 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
Often pricing is listed/set before. Most do not Automatically change some group/kit items to reflect the pricing of changing individual items in the kit. [...]
Newsflash: I don't give a ****.

I want the online information to be accurate, and "special deals" not to be more expensive than the sum of the individual parts.
El Zilcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:07 PM   #43
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post

I want the online information to be accurate, and "special deals" not to be more expensive than the sum of the individual parts.
fair enough. :hi:
although i'm sure they would like to, but not always going to happen until some "bean counter" finds the mistake. which someone did and now pricing reflect that..nice going getting the price raised OP. :P
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:24 PM   #44
El Zilcho

My Ride: 2001 325xi
Quote:
fair enough. :hi:
although i'm sure they would like to, but not always going to happen until some "bean counter" finds the mistake. which someone did and now pricing reflect that..
:thumbsup:

Quote:
nice going getting the price raised OP. :P
You can always shop around... :P :D
El Zilcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:58 PM   #45
E-XLVI

My Ride: 05 330Ci ZPP/ZHP/ZCW
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46Mango View Post
Tischer has it for $145 or $160 shipped
To support the spreadsheet comparison on 12/28, the kit was $160 ($150 +$10 for selecting Cold Climate Version from drop-down) on tischer's website. It's down to $145 (and the $10 add for Cold Climate Version is no longer there).

If I find buying items separately has a benefit to a package deal, I buy it, keep quiet, and hope no one fixes it before the transaction is complete.

The opportunity cost of my time reading and posting to this thread exceeds any savings. Personally, I order from Tischer for all my OEM parts or pay the dealership cost for parts.

Last edited by E-XLVI; 12-29-2010 at 03:41 PM.
E-XLVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:11 PM   #46
mach.schnell

My Ride: 08/2000 330Cic x2
Quote:
Unbelievable, never heard such crying over something so petty and obviously an oversight from previous pricing. New members now a days are just bottom of the barrel.
Didn't quite understand the concept eh?

(When you look at the bottom of the barrel what you see is only your reflection on the surface.)

Quote:
..nice going getting the price raised OP. :P
It's MY fault the vendor's behaviour is reprehensible? Wow, what a POW.

Last edited by mach.schnell; 12-29-2010 at 05:14 PM.
mach.schnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:49 PM   #47
Sir Smirnoff

My Ride: 2002 330i
Nice Mach I agree on the bottom of the barrel comment
Old 12-29-2010, 11:29 PM   #48
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach.schnell View Post
(When you look at the bottom of the barrel what you see is only your reflection on the surface.)
It's MY fault the vendor's behaviour is reprehensible?
:P means as a joke. that's pertaining to the got prices raised.
as for the bottom of the barrel, jeez why don't you just come back with a "i know you are but what am i" childish return. :facepalm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Smirnoff View Post
Nice Mach I agree on the bottom of the barrel comment
Yes, Bottom Of The Barrel. I've been on this forum for years and can tell you that is what reading your post showed me. And having been around long enough I've learned enough to call it like I see it. Sorry.
I'm NOT saying you will or have to be like that always, but really $4.87 to saying that this sponsor is some kind of theft. Go check around, what do you think it would cost at any dealership walking in the door.

With both of that said. I normally am rather indifferent to posts like these or being rude in response to them. But before bashing a Sponsor give them the time or opportunity to correct something. But in this case it was so small that a 3 page thread was more or less like children crying.
And just for the record, just today I got a quote on an oem part that list at $89. Guess who was cheaper between Tischer, CrevierInternetParts, and BMWpartsSource..yep patrick.

Last edited by Alex323Ci; 12-29-2010 at 11:40 PM.
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:34 PM   #49
Sir Smirnoff

My Ride: 2002 330i
I'm not here to get into an argument. We disagree. Whatever. I just feel for the OP and share a common opinion.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:42 PM   #50
raptordavedave

My Ride: 02 BMW 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Smirnoff View Post
I agree with the OP. Oh also to the smart asses who are jumping down the OP's back... You don't belong in this thread. You either don't get the point or are just here to troll. Like most of the ppl on the general forums. Thats a stupid practice on Patrick's part. I am surprised he is still in business. Tbh he shouldn't be if he is going to dick over his customers like that. If you're buying parts from him... Most likely it's DIY which you do because it's cheaper. If he thinks that we're that dumb and or we won't notice then he's sadly mistaken. Thanks for the heads up OP. I'll be sure to never do business with him
i totally agree with you... even though it may be $10 or so... it all adds up in the end :facepalm:
raptordavedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:38 AM   #51
GoingNuts
Just Nuts

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Zilcho View Post

You can't tell the shop what to do. They can sell at any price they like. If you don't like it, go open your own shop.
GoingNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:49 AM   #52
Jmanscotch

My Ride: makes my pants tight
Quote:
:P means as a joke. that's pertaining to the got prices raised.
as for the bottom of the barrel, jeez why don't you just come back with a "i know you are but what am i" childish return. :facepalm:

Yes, Bottom Of The Barrel. I've been on this forum for years and can tell you that is what reading your post showed me. And having been around long enough I've learned enough to call it like I see it. Sorry.
I'm NOT saying you will or have to be like that always, but really $4.87 to saying that this sponsor is some kind of theft. Go check around, what do you think it would cost at any dealership walking in the door.

With both of that said. I normally am rather indifferent to posts like these or being rude in response to them. But before bashing a Sponsor give them the time or opportunity to correct something. But in this case it was so small that a 3 page thread was more or less like children crying.
And just for the record, just today I got a quote on an oem part that list at $89. Guess who was cheaper between Tischer, CrevierInternetParts, and BMWpartsSource..yep patrick
Two things IMO here:

- They have been noted to make other silly mistakes, I can't recall all that I've noticed, but alot of it is how he continues to be vague in his threads. He will say, "This is on sale" without noting what the kit includes, what the part really is, a P/N to research it even, etc.

There are many times I personally have asked him questions about what it is he is indeed selling in his own threads, only to be ignored. I've seen it happen with many others as well. Point being, I personally feel he HAS been given several chances to correct/advance in his core business practices and he continually fails to show any interest is addressing e46fanatics concerns.

- As Evan mentioned, a better price isn't aways a better deal. I'm happy to pay a few more dollars with getbmwparts.com than Patrick because I've dealt with them in the past and have had an amazing experience. I order an oil change kit that came in with some spilt oil. I called Jason up, got to him with no problem, told him I saw a total of about half a quart of oil spilled and he refunded me the price of an entire quart right there, no questions ask and was very nice about apologizing for the problem. Clear, consise, efficient.

Compare that to Patrick who continues to ignore my questions...yeah, I'll pay $2, $5, $10 on my order and go with someone who shows through committment that they are worth it.

- $4.87 differene topic: It is both a matter of principle and price. Sure, $4.87 isn't enough for me to sweat searching for half an hour over, but you should be able to be confident that in a situation like, "hey, we are offering a bundle kit at a discount just for you guys" that one would actually confirm he indeed came in below the cost of those seperate items...thats just a must and common sense, not an area to accept the excuse of the inevitable error in pricing.

Anyways, all of this is just everyones opinions. Mach wanted to share his, we are all sharing ours as well, nothing to get too confrontational about :brent2:

Last edited by Jmanscotch; 12-30-2010 at 08:52 AM.
Jmanscotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:01 AM   #53
BimmerFerret

My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmanscotch View Post
Two things IMO here:

- They have been noted to make other silly mistakes, I can't recall all that I've noticed, but alot of it is how he continues to be vague in his threads. He will say, "This is on sale" without noting what the kit includes, what the part really is, a P/N to research it even, etc.

There are many times I personally have asked him questions about what it is he is indeed selling in his own threads, only to be ignored. I've seen it happen with many others as well. Point being, I personally feel he HAS been given several chances to correct/advance in his core business practices and he continually fails to show any interest is addressing e46fanatics concerns.

- As Evan mentioned, a better price isn't aways a better deal. I'm happy to pay a few more dollars with getbmwparts.com than Patrick because I've dealt with them in the past and have had an amazing experience. I order an oil change kit that came in with some spilt oil. I called Jason up, got to him with no problem, told him I saw a total of about half a quart of oil spilled and he refunded me the price of an entire quart right there, no questions ask and was very nice about apologizing for the problem. Clear, consise, efficient.

Compare that to Patrick who continues to ignore my questions...yeah, I'll pay $2, $5, $10 on my order and go with someone who shows through committment that they are worth it.

- $4.87 differene topic: It is both a matter of principle and price. Sure, $4.87 isn't enough for me to sweat searching for half an hour over, but you should be able to be confident that in a situation like, "hey, we are offering a bundle kit at a discount just for you guys" that one would actually confirm he indeed came in below the cost of those seperate items...thats just a must and common sense, not an area to accept the excuse of the inevitable error in pricing.

Anyways, all of this is just everyones opinions. Mach wanted to share his, we are all sharing ours as well, nothing to get too confrontational about :brent2:
Principal doesn't mean sh1t anymore to some people I guess. I'm all for fair competition, but pricing that is hard to figure out is just unfair. That is why I have always stuck with forum vendors who are crystal clear where they stand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:17 AM   #54
Jmanscotch

My Ride: makes my pants tight
^ Exactly. As was Evans (with Tischer) point, many people/dealers can get in the game and offer low(ish) prices to try to compete with the long-standing retailers...and will do a good bit of business for a while. The problem comes when they focus so much on getting mass sells that they forget to keep an eye on their core stucture. This results in then being a short term business. They get the sales they want but in the process, fail to win long term customers with quality service and thus are doomed from the beginning.

While this thread does contain venting and arguing, I really hope the point layed out for Patrick isn't missed: Fix your core business operations if you want to be successful as a sponsor here long term.