E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Sports Central

Sports Central
NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL, NLL, Olympics etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 03:55 PM   #21
BimmerFerret

My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
Brohm @ U of L had a damn near #1 slot after winning the Orange Bowl, stayed another year, and UL flat out sucked when Petrino left, now his dumbass is playing for the Bills throwing interceptions all the time. His days are numbered.

Get the money, get a good accountant, and get the degree later if you need it so bad.

So yes, I agree with the group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:16 PM   #22
bimmerfan08

My Ride: Phoenix Yellow M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
He's like all college kids, if you have a chance to put off the real world for another year...Jump on it lol
so true
"Economics cannot answer such normative or prescriptive questions about how much of our market incomes, if any, should be transferred to poor families. This is a political question that can only be answered at the ballot box, or in some countries, at the point of a gun."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #23
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Shine View Post
He's like all college kids, if you have a chance to put off the real world for another year...Jump on it lol
I doubt it. A star qb is not usually immature like that.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #24
DME46

My Ride: has free candy.
This won't be the end of Andrew Luck... I'm sure he has the full support of his family for his decision.

If you guys think this kid is dumb and doesn't know something is up... then you are dead ass wrong. I'm sure he has financial advisers and professionals all over his ass telling him the pros and cons of the options he had in front of him.

This kid is a fvcking BEAST... he's got the height, size, and build that is a dime a dozen with QBs in the NFL. 6'4. 235 lbs (FIT, not like most QBs in the NFL). 21 years old.

You'll see him in the NFL eventually and this dude is gonna lead whatever team he ends up on to the Super Bowl.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:45 PM   #25
BimmerFerret

My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
This won't be the end of Andrew Luck... I'm sure he has the full support of his family for his decision.

If you guys think this kid is dumb and doesn't know something is up... then you are dead ass wrong. I'm sure he has financial advisers and professionals all over his ass telling him the pros and cons of the options he had in front of him.

This kid is a fvcking BEAST... he's got the height, size, and build that is a dime a dozen with QBs in the NFL. 6'4. 235 lbs (FIT, not like most QBs in the NFL). 21 years old.

You'll see him in the NFL eventually and this dude is gonna lead whatever team he ends up on to the Super Bowl.
If he doesn't get tweaked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:58 PM   #26
DME46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CiJohn View Post
If he doesn't get tweaked.
Tweaked in a good way... he's only got room to improve. He needs to improve his pocket awareness IMO. He's still a developing QB and needs a bit more breeding.

Honestly, if he went into the NFL draft Panthers would have been STUPID not to take him. That's a chance Andrew Luck can't take... if you're worried about him getting injured with a Stanford o-line... imagine him being put up against NFL DE's with a Panthers line backing him.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
Old 01-06-2011, 08:50 PM   #27
King of Chicago

My Ride: '09 & '12 Acura MDX
Quote:
Tweaked in a good way... he's only got room to improve. He needs to improve his pocket awareness IMO. He's still a developing QB and needs a bit more breeding.

Honestly, if he went into the NFL draft Panthers would have been STUPID not to take him. That's a chance Andrew Luck can't take... if you're worried about him getting injured with a Stanford o-line... imagine him being put up against NFL DE's with a Panthers line backing him.
Difference is he'd have money in the bank if he got injured with Carolina.

Get paid.
Then get a degree.
Plain and simple, you are the number one pick!
King of Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #28
DME46

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/07/sp...ck.html?src=mv

Good read.

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
Old 01-07-2011, 08:12 AM   #29
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:

Quote:
this is everything we said. Personally he made the right choice because it's what he wants to do. Financially, and professionally it was the wrong choice because he doesn't know what can happen.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:52 AM   #30
DME46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
this is everything we said. Personally he made the right choice because it's what he wants to do. Financially, and professionally it was the wrong choice because he doesn't know what can happen.
Same was said for Peyton... now he's the highest paid player in the NFL.

"One intriguing factor in Luck's decision is the financial reverberations. The N.F.L. is negotiating a new labor agreement with the players union, and both sides have said that a rookie wage scale will be in place that will severely curtail the riches lavished on top picks. That means that contracts like Bradford's $78 million deal are probably a thing of the past.

Oliver Luck, who played in the N.F.L. and worked as an executive in N.F.L. Europe, said the financial risk was not as great as had been reported; some people have estimated the financial risk to be more than $50 million. Luck said those numbers had been exaggerated.

"Both sides believe that there will be some sort of a slotting type system which will reduce in length and volume the deals that top choices get," he said. "That's here this year, next year and two years from now." "

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal

Last edited by DME46; 01-07-2011 at 10:53 AM.