E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 07:18 PM   #21
infinite012

My Ride: White '08 STI
Agreed with TerraPhantm. There are only very few instances where H7 can be adapted to use HID and that's when they're used in select projectors.

For example, in my old Valeo H7 retrofit where I used D2S bulbs with notches ground out in the base of the bulb to be used with the H7 projector:

But with a halogen housing, you're doomed from the start.

So, go back to stock.
infinite012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:28 PM   #22
jblack03zhp

My Ride: 330i zhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
The difference being men don't make excuses to rationalize why it's okay. We do as we please. No fucks will be given. You ma'am, give a fuck.
jblack03zhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:58 PM   #23
turbo_f22_pilot

My Ride: 2 pedals - 2 paddles
The designation "H7" is to identify which type of socket and the style of bulb that was designed to fit into a particluar housing.

Being as it is, most of the bulb designations presently in use were created during the halogen bulb usage period.

Therefore most will assume that it is a halogen bulb.

Today you can find HID (D1/D2S/D1R)XENON)) bulbs with socket adapters or molded to fit a variety of previous halogen bulb sockets.
H1
H2
H3
H4
H7

Joy is future proof
Get your "M" on . . .
Reading is FundaM3ntal

CAR:
2003 TIAG Coupe / Blk Interior / SMG / HK Premium
MODS:
EU-CSL Coded / Macht Schnell intake / OEM CSL Wheels / OEM CSL Diffuser / Dinan Exhaust
Full LED Conversion / HID fog / Aurora AE / RE RTAB FCAB

BMWCCA NCC
turbo_f22_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:02 PM   #24
Arock1092

My Ride: Bmw M3
Sell me ur stocks..

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp
Arock1092 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical problem, headlights, hids