E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2011, 02:14 AM   #1
NB330iM-Sport

My Ride: 2003 330i M-Sport
Anybody done a side exit exhaust?

Just wondering if anybody has done a side exit exhaust on an e46. I have an '03 330i with the M-tech package, and I'm doing the exhaust this spring (full, headers back). And I'm half thinking of dumping it in front of the rear wheels one side or both. Just wondering if anyone has done it or seen it done, and how it looked/sounded.
NB330iM-Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:40 AM   #2
Another BM

My Ride: 330ci
mmm dont do it..
unless you have a track only.. it will look very tacky on a DD... especially even worse is its not a m3.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:54 AM   #3
aggieE46
Keep it clean

My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
Looked into it before. Unfortunately, you'd have to run the piping through the interior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB330iM-Sport View Post
Just wondering if anybody has done a side exit exhaust on an e46. I have an '03 330i with the M-tech package, and I'm doing the exhaust this spring (full, headers back). And I'm half thinking of dumping it in front of the rear wheels one side or both. Just wondering if anyone has done it or seen it done, and how it looked/sounded.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:16 PM   #4
tylerc

My Ride: 330ci
I did it on my mustang and loved it, however I just don't know if it would look right on a 330, would really like to see it honestly though.

What would you do about the hole in the rear bumper? Would you cut into the side skirt for the exit?
Old 01-19-2011, 01:05 AM   #5
NB330iM-Sport

My Ride: 2003 330i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another BM View Post
mmm dont do it..
unless you have a track only.. it will look very tacky on a DD... especially even worse is its not a m3.
That's kind of what I was thinking but I was hoping someone else had done it and had pics just so I could see what it looked like. Thanks
NB330iM-Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:20 AM   #6
joneperry

My Ride: e46 + S60 + Z

Its there , look on the side skirt.

Last edited by joneperry; 01-19-2011 at 01:24 AM.
joneperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:28 AM   #7
SL Blak Soldier

My Ride: 3 Pedal SG S54B32
Send a message via AIM to SL Blak Soldier
If you look on the inside of those cars the exhaust basically goes through the interior of the car though. There is no way of running side exhaust like that without the pipping hanging way low. ...Unless that is if you cut up your interior and make a custom tunnel for it.