E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #61
zaharias

My Ride: Now has a 3lt :P
Connection +12V of the amp (battery)(+) with AudioControl +12V...

Old 01-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #62
zaharias

Photo of the spaghetti... I made all the connections today behind the HU on the Dension adapter... I only have to connect the remote and then ground and power at the trunk (for amp & LOC) and we are ready to test

Old 01-04-2011, 02:03 PM   #63
miaM7

My Ride: 04 325i Sp
OMG, did you have to remove the seats too so you can wire to the front ? (aside from cutting the carpet) there must be another way to pass wires to the front wo so much work?
miaM7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:58 PM   #64
zaharias

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaM7 View Post
OMG, did you have to remove the seats too so you can wire to the front ? (aside from cutting the carpet) there must be another way to pass wires to the front wo so much work?
Yes.. You can pass the wires from under the steering wheel, behind the cluster and end behind the HU..
Old 01-04-2011, 06:13 PM   #65
zaharias

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4G- View Post
ok cool. I just hooked up a LOC to my mono amp to my sub, and tested it and didnt get anything out of the sub

my amp manual says it takes a "designated mono output from head unit". Does this mean I need a RCA splitter to use this amp??
Do you think the LOC creates that signal? i tapped into the rear right and left woofers and used the LOC on them.
What i did was to label which wires are for +-/front-rear speakers, remote etc.. You cut these wires behind the HU and you take the wires from the HU and put them in your LOC.. Then from your LOC you connect the outputs to the inputs of your amp and then the wires from your amp outputs go back at the HU at the wires that you cut before and you connect them on the harness (that goes to the speakers).
Did you do it that way?
What LOC did you get?
Old 01-04-2011, 06:15 PM   #66
zaharias

IT'S ALIVE GUYS!!!!!!

The sound is very good..!!

Now i have to play with settings..
Old 01-04-2011, 09:11 PM   #67
miaM7

Congrats. Happy for you. In my case i am stuck with the dreaded alternator whine ... Zaharias, where in the trunk did you ground your amp ? Also did you ground the HU to the same location in the trunk? Given that you cut the wires behind the HU, you must have reconnected the HU ground pin. Thanks.

Last edited by miaM7; 01-04-2011 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:46 PM   #68
zaharias

Quote:
Congrats. Happy for you. In my case i am stuck with the dreaded alternator whine ... Zaharias, where in the trunk did you ground your amp ? Also did you ground the HU to the same location in the trunk? Given that you cut the wires behind the HU, you must have reconnected the HU ground pin. Thanks.
Thank you my friend!!

I did n't touch the HU ground.. The only wires that i cut were the speakers +-/front-rear and the #16 pin (12V Ant Out) for remote..
About the amp, i hooked it at the battery's (+) with a 40A fuse and the ground directly from the (-) of the battery..

And i ground the AudioControl here under this bolt..

Old 01-05-2011, 06:53 AM   #69
miaM7

I also grounded at the battery point you show. But still have an alternator whine. Not to ruin your fun, did you start your car and listen for any noises thru the speakers?

Man, that amp you got looks hot. My setup is a used infinity kappa four and infinity 60.9cs speakers. I have completed the rear setup and will proceed to the front. In the midst of tryng to figure out how to easily route wires to the front wo removing carpet/seats like you did. Cheers.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:18 AM   #70
zaharias

Quote:
I also grounded at the battery point you show. But still have an alternator whine. Not to ruin your fun, did you start your car and listen for any noises thru the speakers?

Man, that amp you got looks hot. My setup is a used infinity kappa four and infinity 60.9cs speakers. I have completed the rear setup and will proceed to the front. In the midst of tryng to figure out how to easily route wires to the front wo removing carpet/seats like you did. Cheers.
Do you hear this whine while your r/cd is on or off with your engine running?

You can route the wires without removing the carpet this way.. You have to remove these plastic pieces that the arrows show..

Old 01-06-2011, 09:51 AM   #71
zaharias

@miaM7, NO whine mate.. With closed windows, engine running & reving song playing with volume up and volume full down, no whine.. I only hear a small ssssssssss coming from the sub, but small..
I also grounded the LOC with the amp's ground directly on the (-) of the battery but nothing changed..

Where did you route your wires?
Old 01-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #72
miaM7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaharias View Post
Do you hear this whine while your r/cd is on or off with your engine running?
it didnt matter, my remote on wire turns the amp on once the car starts, so cd on or off you hear the whine ...
Quote:
You can route the wires without removing the carpet this way.. You have to remove these plastic pieces that the arrows show..
One of those arrows points to the instrument cluster, is that right? I guess once you are past the front driver sill, you tuck the wires under the driver seat belt pillar to reach the read driver sill?
Old 01-06-2011, 07:55 PM   #73
miaM7

Quote:
@miaM7, NO whine mate.. With closed windows, engine running & reving song playing with volume up and volume full down, no whine.. I only hear a small ssssssssss coming from the sub, but small..
I also grounded the LOC with the amp's ground directly on the (-) of the battery but nothing changed..

Where did you route your wires?
Havent routed my wires to the front yet. Only did the rear wiring, i compltly changed the wiring, made my own cables ... 16AWG, twisted, shrink tubed and covered with protective sleeves and color coded :-)

Btw, how do you remove the seat belts from the rear deck? I am looking at your pics it looks like they slide out. Mine are slotted in the rear deck. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:50 PM   #74
zaharias

Quote:
Havent routed my wires to the front yet. Only did the rear wiring, i compltly changed the wiring, made my own cables ... 16AWG, twisted, shrink tubed and covered with protective sleeves and color coded :-)

Btw, how do you remove the seat belts from the rear deck? I am looking at your pics it looks like they slide out. Mine are slotted in the rear deck. Thanks.
I did n't remove the rear seat belts.. I pulled down the rear deck with seat belts running through it.. You don't have to remove them.. I was thinking of doing black my headliner-pillars & rear deck now that my car is stripped but i think iam gonna leave it beige..
Old 01-06-2011, 11:57 PM   #75
zaharias

Quote:
it didnt matter, my remote on wire turns the amp on once the car starts, so cd on or off you hear the whine ...

One of those arrows points to the instrument cluster, is that right? I guess once you are past the front driver sill, you tuck the wires under the driver seat belt pillar to reach the read driver sill?
You have to remove all these plastic covers that cover your side skirt from the inside (driver's side), remove the footrest and then you will be able to see if you can route them behind your HU.. If it's necessairy, you might have to remove the cluster.. Then you run the wires under the side of the carpet..
The arrows at the photo show you the route, not the parts you have to remove, don't get confused..
Old 01-07-2011, 12:04 AM   #76
TR4G-

My Ride: '01 325xi
How exactly did you remove the front drivers side door sill and foot rest. I have the wires under the rear sill and b pillar and into trunk, and into the head unit on the other side, but i didn't want to break the plastic on the door sill.......
Old 01-07-2011, 08:42 AM   #77
zaharias

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4G- View Post
How exactly did you remove the front drivers side door sill and foot rest. I have the wires under the rear sill and b pillar and into trunk, and into the head unit on the other side, but i didn't want to break the plastic on the door sill.......
You slide your fingers under the door sill and you pull up.. You could hear the clips unclipping.. It's a bit hard but don't be afraid.. If you break any clip don't worry they are very cheap..
To remove the footrest you have to remove the bolt holding the handle that opens the hood.. I don't remember if there are any clips..
Old 01-07-2011, 11:08 AM   #78
TR4G-

My Ride: '01 325xi
Ok thanks. Ill have to try this when I get back home today
Old 01-07-2011, 06:25 PM   #79
miaM7

Quote:
You slide your fingers under the door sill and you pull up.. You could hear the clips unclipping.. It's a bit hard but don't be afraid.. If you break any clip don't worry they are very cheap..
To remove the footrest you have to remove the bolt holding the handle that opens the hood.. I don't remember if there are any clips..
Yeah they're pain in the ... I thought you had to slide back and then pull up. I broke one in the rear door sill.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:40 AM   #80
zaharias

I had to remove the a/c vents, the climate control panel and the housing to fit the wires properly cause the HU couldn't slide in all the way with so many wires behind.. Everything is fitted well..
I also placed the AudioControl and the amp under the rear deck..