E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-23-2010, 08:27 PM   #61
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
This is the first time I've used LaRue. It's some seriously high quality stuff, and the customer service was great.
The Dillo Dust is a good rub, but a bit too much sugar IMO. Tried it on a steak and it was good. Gonna try it on chicken tomorrow.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:02 AM   #62
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
beautiful rig! That is one helluva PDW you got there, top notch parts too. I'll admit, first time i've ever seen that rail/handguard system.
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:07 PM   #63
evo12b

My Ride: e30 M3
If anyone is thinking of spring replacement or having a spare or two,check out David Tubbs company.Superior Shooting Systems Inc. www.superiorshootingsystems.com The buffer spring is made from "flat stock"& is a lifetime warrantied item.H&K has gone to this style for the G36 gas piston spring.
evo12b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:12 PM   #64
evo12b

My Ride: e30 M3
Reedo302,if you like things a tad on the "spicy"side for a good rub check out www.slapyamama.com..... Talk about good........(sorry Im off subject,lol)
evo12b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:17 PM   #65
Reedo302

NICE!! I just got a request to build a rifle from someone I know. Planning it now. Looks like it's going to be another SPR. I'm excited

So far, here's the planned build quote I worked up (subject to change):

$275 Noveske Matched Upper/Lower
$180 DPMS Mk12 18" 1:8 Barrel (Comes w/ a railed gas block that cannot be covered)
$150 Noveske Auto Bolt Carrier
$18 Charging Handle
$65 RRA/DPMS Lower Parts Kit w/ Trigger
$70 LaRue Mil-Spec Receiver Extension Kit
$60 Magpul MOE mil-spec stock (base price for custom stocks)
$199 Troy TRX Standard 13” forend
$12 Magpul XT rail covers (pack of 3 covers 15 rail slots)
$58 Badger Ordnance Mk12 or Vltor low-profile Gas block (if you want the block covered)
$18 DPMS Panther Flash Suppressor
$32 QD rail sling adapter
$15 Mil-spec nylon sling
$90 Harris Bipod- swivel-Benchrest height
$25 GG&G rail bipod adapter

$1267 Total (less Scope, Mount and sights)

Glock Armorer

Old 11-10-2010, 04:16 PM   #66
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife.
Nice! Did he have any specific requests on parts, or did he leave the build up to you?
Old 11-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #67
Reedo302

He wanted it as cheap as possible, but still have it be a custom job. I originally was trying to get him to get a 16" Rainier Arms match barrel, but he wanted longer. The DPMS Mk12 barrel at $190 is such a great deal (1/2 MOA capable), so I put that on the quote. He wants to eventually upgrade the rifle with more stuff like a Magpul PRS and better optics, but he's gotta work his way up. Right now I have him quoted for a Vortex Optics Diamondback 4-12x40 BDC scope. I like Vortex, but I'm sort of hoping he'll be willing to cough up a few more dollars for a better scope. I could have spec'd out the rifle at double the cost, but it would still be the same accuracy.
He primarily wanted a rifle for varmint hunting (coyote, fox, prairie dogs, etc), but also wanted it to be tactical-capable.

Glock Armorer

Old 12-06-2010, 10:41 PM   #68
Reedo302

I have a couple new builds planned for 2011. ATF paperwork is being submitted in a couple weeks.

Build 1:

Custom .300 10" SBR Carbine
.300AAC Blackout

Upper:
VLTOR MUR modular upper receiver w/ forward assist
BCM Gunfighter Medium Latch charging handle
Noveske Bolt Carrier Group
Noveske 10" Match Barrel chambered in .300AAC BLACKOUT
AAC Blackout 51T 5/8x24 Muzzle Brake
Troy Industries Di-Optic Aperture Rear Flip-Up sight/HK Front Flip-Up sight
Aimpoint Comp M4s w/ LaRue Tactical LT659 QD Mount 500-014-659
Daniel Defense Mk18 RIS II Forend

Lower:
Seekins Precision SP-223 billet lower receiver
Mil-Spec Lower Parts Kit w/ Trigger
LaRue Tactical Mil-Spec Receiver Extension Kit
Magpul ACS stock
Magpul ACS QD Sling Mount socket
Viking Tactics/VTAC Wide Sling
Springco reliability spring upgrade

CONCEPT:

The .300 AAC BLACKOUT is being billed as the new short-to-mid range combat carbine. The cartridge is specifically designed for Short Barrel Rifle (SBR) application. With more kinetic energy than a 6.8SPC or 7.62x39 out of a short barrel, the .300AAC was designed as an improvement to the 7.62x39 AK round. The .300AAC has all of the benefits, as well as many more that appear where the 7.62x39 falls short. Reliability is high, recoil is extremely low, and the controllability is key. The lethality of the round at short and intermediate ranges will make this cartridge and rifle the ultimate stand-off or CQB weapon for SWAT, Patrol, and Raid applications. Urban combat has been dominated for far too long by the AK, and now there is a new champion that will take the prize for greatest lethality. The advantage lies in the ability to use 7.62mm/.308 bullets ranging from svelte 110gr target and urban loads all the way to subsonic 220gr OTM loads.
What's more, the .300AAC is designed to operate on the 5.56/6.8mm weapons platform, as opposed to the heavier and bulkier 7.62 AR10/SR/LR receivers. This offers a massive advantage on not only weight, but size and ammunition load as well.

Build 2:

Custom CQB M4 5.56mm NATO

Upper:
Noveske Bolt Carrier
Daniel Defense 11.5" Cold Hammer Forged 5.56mm barrel w/ M4 extension
Daniel Defense AR15 Lite Rail 9.5 FSP forend
BattleComp 1.0 compensator
Fixed A2 Front Sight post
Troy Industries Di-Optic Aperture Rear Flip-Up sight.
EOTech XPS 3.0 HWS
LaRue Tactical LT-110 EOTech QD Mount

Lower:
RRA Lower Parts Kit w/ Trigger
Magpul ACS stock

CONCEPT:

This rifle will primarily be a training rifle for instructor recertifications, as well as training where a more conventional AR/M4 carbine is required. The M4CQB will fill the gap between the standard 14.5" M4 and the new 10.3" Mk18. The decision was made to make this the most rugged DI carbine possible, so a fixed front sight post was integrated into the build, along with mil-spec designed parts.

Build 3:

Custom Competition/Tactical Carbine built for 3-Gun and Steel Challenge
5.56mm NATO

Patriot Ordnance Factory (POF-USA) Gen3 Billet NP3 matched Upper/Lower
WOA 16" Stainless Steel Match Grade Barrel (.223 Wylde caliber)
JP Stainless Standard Tactical Compensator
Noveske Bolt Carrier Group
BCM Gunfighter Charging Handle
Viking Tactics JPHG1M Rifle Length Forearm
VLTOR Low Profile Gas Block
Magpul MIAD Grip
Magpul UBR Stock
JP Fire Control EZ Trigger

Optics:
Trijicon TR24G 1-4x24 Scope/LaRue LT-104 mount

CONCEPT:

This rifle will become a Competition-grade rifle for 3-Gun and Steel Challenge meets. The 16" barrel was specifically chosen for two reasons- Accuracy and Non-NFA. The rifle is designed for minimal recoil during rapid fire, while still maintaining long-range accuracy for the long shots.
This rifle build will commence in 2011.

Glock Armorer

Last edited by Reedo302; 12-06-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:12 AM   #69
Brabusclk04

My Ride: E60 M5
Send a message via AIM to Brabusclk04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
An SPR is a Special Purpose Rifle. SPRs are multi-role rifles that can be used for direct combat engagements and CQB, while also being capable of long range accuracy for expedient sniper/counter sniper operation. SPRs are chambered in a main combat caliber like 5.56mm, have an intermediate/mid-range scope (1.1-8x, 1.5-6x, 1.8-10x, 2.5-8x, 2.5-10x, 3.5-10x, you get the idea..) designed to be used at intermediate ranges of 500-800yds, have a tight twist barrel (1:7 is best, but 1:8 works), and a free-float barrel to help with accuracy. The barrel will ideally be 18", but 16-20" is acceptable. The rifle must be 1MOA or sub-MOA capable. It fills the gap between a standard combat rifle and a dedicated sniper rifle. An example of this rifle is the US Navy Mk12.

DPMS Mk12

standard carbine (top
Mk 12 SPR variant (bottom- note the longer barrel and scope)

A PDW is a Personal Defense Weapon. These are usually smaller submachine guns like the MP5K/MP5K-PDW, KAC-PDW, H&K MP7A1 ( ). They have very short barrels and are designed to be compact, concealable, and able to be used inside of very tight quarters, like inside a vehicle. My concept for my PDW is actually going to be a PSD (protective security detail) concept. The rifle will maneuver and feel like a submachine gun. The shorter barrel, high magazine capacity, short sight radius (if I use the Back Up Iron Sights (BUIS) ), lighter weight, and highly maneuverable for use in a vehicle or when clearing rooms in very confined CQB (close-quarter battle) situations.

Knight Arms Co. KAC-PDW

Very Nice build! Quick question? Can we personally buy the Knight Arms Co. PDW gun ($3,000 I assume) from them or do we still also need the Stamp also in order to own one? I really want to build one now after reading your post!

Looking for Audi R8 project Car
Heavily Modded E60 IB M5 - SOLD

Custom Brabus Widebody W209 CLK - SOLD
2006 NCCA Best Mercedes Benz
2005 NCCA Best Mercedes Benz
Brabusclk04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:18 AM   #70
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
The KAC-PDW I don't believe is available for civilian purchase. I recall reading somewhere that if there's a gov't contract for it, that they'd begin ramping up production. It's supposedly still in prototype testing phases. I could be completely off the truth though, this is just based on some blurb I read somewhere. WIth the SBR, you'd have to have a stamp, and seeing howy o'ure from Los Angeles....
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:23 AM   #71
Reedo302

The KAC PDW is not a California legal gun, and the way it's built, I don't believe you could make it legal.
Also, KAC does sell their weapons to the public, but I cannot say whether or not the KAC is available in Semi-Auto only. If they do make it semi-auto, then I see no reason why they eventually won't sell it to the public. Being KAC, I'm sure they'd sell it for $3-4k minimum. What else would you expect from a company that sells the Mk11 Mod0 for $10k when it's only worth $3k?

Glock Armorer

Old 12-08-2010, 03:42 PM   #72
Brabusclk04

Quote:
The KAC PDW is not a California legal gun, and the way it's built, I don't believe you could make it legal.
Also, KAC does sell their weapons to the public, but I cannot say whether or not the KAC is available in Semi-Auto only. If they do make it semi-auto, then I see no reason why they eventually won't sell it to the public. Being KAC, I'm sure they'd sell it for $3-4k minimum. What else would you expect from a company that sells the Mk11 Mod0 for $10k when it's only worth $3k?

Thanks for your input. I actually did a lot of research and in CA, its basically a pain to own a semi-auto wepon with a barrel shorter then 16' that isnt classified as an Assualt Wepon. There is a way though that we can get a 7.5 barrel but we would have to purchase the gun as a pistol first with a single bolt at the time of purchase. Once we purchase the pistol, I believe we can modify the gun with a CA spec bullet button and a fixed 10/30rd mag. Then again its also illegal for us to change the stock to an aftermarket one because of its classification as an AW. Please correct me if I have my info wrong, haha but I do hope its right.

Here is a picture of an AR with a 7.5 barrel that we can legally mod here in CA.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:04 PM   #73
Reedo302

Nice, isn't that a POF 7" PDW upper? Looks like a Gen1 lower, too.

California's gun laws confuse me. Seems like you gotta be a para-legal or lawyer to own a gun in that state.

Glock Armorer

Old 12-10-2010, 02:16 AM   #74
Brabusclk04

Quote:
Nice, isn't that a POF 7" PDW upper? Looks like a Gen1 lower, too.

California's gun laws confuse me. Seems like you gotta be a para-legal or lawyer to own a gun in that state.
I belive you are right! Its really tough to own a gun here in CA, and it drives ppl like me nuts. I just started my 10-day for a springfield XD 9mm. I really wanted to get the XDM but the XDM is not for sale in CA, It sucks!

Im going to build an AR pistol with a 7.5" barrel in Jan of 2011 and I'll post up my progress when its done.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:30 PM   #75
Reedo302

Alright, after some stuff these past few weeks and with trying to get everything lined up for some classes, it was brought to my attention that I needed to have a more "conventional" setup in my arsenal for training.
I'm planning on getting down to Gunsite in the next year, and I also want to take a Magpul carbine course some time in the next year as well. For LE courses, I need to have a more conventional setup, and the PDW/PSD build I just finished doesn't fit the bill.

So, I have to move Build #2 to the top of the list.

Build 2:

Custom CQB M4 5.56mm NATO

Upper:
Noveske Bolt Carrier
Daniel Defense 11.5" Cold Hammer Forged 5.56mm barrel w/ M4 extension
Daniel Defense AR15 Lite Rail 9.5 FSP forend
BattleComp 1.0 compensator
A.R.M.S. #41-B-L folding A2 Front Sight post
Troy Industries Dioptic rear aperture sight
EOTech XPS 3.0 HWS w/ LaRue Tactical LT-110 EOTech QD Mount OR Aimpoint Comp M4s w/ LaRue Tactical LT659 QD Mount 500-014-659

Lower:
RRA Lower Parts Kit w/ Trigger
Magpul ACS stock

CONCEPT:

This rifle will primarily be a training rifle for instructor recertifications, as well as training where a more conventional AR/M4 carbine is required. The M4CQB will fill the gap between the standard 14.5" M4 and the new 10.3" Mk18. The decision was made to make this the most rugged DI carbine possible, so a fixed front sight post was integrated into the build, along with mil-spec designed parts.

Glock Armorer

Last edited by Reedo302; 12-30-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:31 PM   #76
Reedo302

Just got an email that my Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x44 scope that I had on order was about to ship to the dealer, and that I'd have it by the end of the month or so. Unfortunately, I had to cancel the order. Can't do anything big until tax season is over with, and I know where I'm sitting. I may get jacked by the IRS on my last home sale, so spending $600 right now isn't an option.
Guess the SPR will be without a scope for another 4-6 months.

Oh well, they'll be stocking them in the spring anyways, so at least by then I'll know if the bugs have been worked out.

Glock Armorer

Old 01-25-2011, 10:32 AM   #77
Reedo302

Seekins Precision is really far behind right now with their lower receivers. I want to buy two lowers.
I want to get the lowers purchased so I can get the NFA stamps in for the 4 month wait. So, considering two alternatives.
The .300AAC build will have to have the POF, as it's marked as Caliber: Multi. The 5.56 build can have either the POF or the LaRue, since the LaRue is marked for 5.56.

POF-USA P415 GenIII Billet lower: $315

LaRue Tactical Billet lower: $250

So what do you guys think? One of each? Or should I do both with the POF?

Glock Armorer

Old 01-29-2011, 11:26 PM   #78
learthworml
mod-er-at-or-er

My Ride: 2011 Tundra Crewmax
Quote:
Seekins Precision is really far behind right now with their lower receivers. I want to buy two lowers.
I want to get the lowers purchased so I can get the NFA stamps in for the 4 month wait. So, considering two alternatives.
The .300AAC build will have to have the POF, as it's marked as Caliber: Multi. The 5.56 build can have either the POF or the LaRue, since the LaRue is marked for 5.56.

POF-USA P415 GenIII Billet lower: $315

LaRue Tactical Billet lower: $250

So what do you guys think? One of each? Or should I do both with the POF?
Larue makes great stuff, just wish their prices were great.

SQ sound system
Seas Nextel Mids, Focal Utopia Mids, Focal BE tweeters, JL Audio 13tw5, Alpine PDX-4.150, Alpine PDX-1.600, Audison Bit One processor, Pioneer z150 hu
learthworml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:08 AM   #79
Reedo302

Quote:
Originally Posted by learthworml View Post
Larue makes great stuff, just wish their prices were great.
No kidding. But for a change, their prices actually are pretty decent. They're right in the middle of the billet receivers for cost at $250.

I also have a new contender, Spikes Tactical Biohazard Billet Lower (also $315).

----------------------

Oh, and you guys might get a kick out of this one...I joined a new Minnesota gun forum recently, and some guy just randomly posted this in a public thread in response to me.

Quote:
Hey Una, I can't help but notice the PDW on your website. You state "Since most lowers are made by only a handful of manufacturers, I basically just went to the local gun store and bought the one that was on sale.". By all indications then, your lower is not registered as an SBR, yet you have an upper with a barrel length of less than 16" overall mounted on it. That is a HUGE NO-NO. Are you trying to get a one-way ticket to the federal pen? If so, you may have got it.

Glock Armorer

Last edited by Reedo302; 01-30-2011 at 01:09 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:38 PM   #80
Reedo302

Okay, I just pulled the trigger on a LaRue Billet Lower. I'll post pictures when it comes in.

Glock Armorer