E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 10:11 PM   #41
aznblood

My Ride: BMW 323 CI
This is too good to be true for direct drop in. Full aluminum radiator for $145. Would someone please verify. thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FULL-...Q5fAccessories
aznblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:40 AM   #42
McSpeed

My Ride: 2005 ZHP TT Stg 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickM3 View Post
To the guys that own the zionsville radiator on non-M. how do you like it? Is there a noticeable difference in temps?
+1
but I can't actually recall someone talking about owning one for a non-M....

Faelar- are you aware of yours making a difference in temps?

SOLD but fondly remembered...
Technique Tuning Stage 1 Turbo w/ Greddy Profec B Spec II | 3.07 Quaife
ATI Super Damper | Vaio Oil Pump | VAC Pan Baffle | SRE Organic Clutch
Turner Reinforcements | SPC Camber Arms | Powerflex FCABs & SFBs

Turbo Driveability Video

Horsepower vs. Torque
McSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:31 AM   #43
jacobs323i

My Ride: blown 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSpeed View Post
+1
but I can't actually recall someone talking about owning one for a non-M....

Faelar- are you aware of yours making a difference in temps?
I own one for my turbo non m 323i it is by far the most beautiful radiator set up i have ever seen the welds are perfect! Same goes for the fan fitment to the radiator, the relay harness for the fan switch can be mounted out of the way it is obviously from a race team that only makes to order and they are flawless, now i am waiting for my new injectors asi am going e85 so my 660 are worthless now, so they have only started the car to make sure the rad. works they said it takes 3 times as long to warm the car up now.
jacobs323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:34 AM   #44
jacobs323i

My Ride: blown 323i
if i was to venture a guess this new rad. will keep temps even on extremely hot days way down! Now i went a step further i also got the stewart hp water pump, and the stett hoses, and a lower temp thermostat with housing from zionnsville also so i would have to say my cooling system is bullet proof! Now don't get me wrong i did spend a pretty penny, but the piece of mind i have now is well worth it! I just think this answer is not for everyone, as not everyone wants to spend that much money or really needs to!
jacobs323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:22 PM   #45
Jim Murphy

My Ride: 2006 E46 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznblood View Post
This is too good to be true for direct drop in. Full aluminum radiator for $145. Would someone please verify. thanks

I just got off the phone with a tech person with "Speed Daddy", a California company who is listing this unusually cheap radiator ($131.99? vs. Mizu's $400+ price) and asked him to post some customer recommendations on this forum. In addition, it would be great if a forum member who lives near this company would go check them out.

We will see.
Jim
Jim Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #46
WBVenom

My Ride: Car 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznblood View Post

That is an M3 radiator. Guaranteed. Compare it to the OEM M3 radiator and any aftermarket M3 radiator, including Mishimoto's. The side tanks are uncanny.

Yes, the company claims it fits '99-'07. So does Mishimoto. So do other companies. It doesn't.

I should know.

Last edited by WBVenom; 01-27-2011 at 08:50 PM.
WBVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:24 PM   #47
t84toy

My Ride: 323 CI
Radiator

I just finish installing my brand new ALUMINIUM RADIATOR. I do admit it looks great . I pretty sure it will keep your temp down ever for us in the SE .
But for all who have in mind one of these EBAY ALUMINIUM RADIATOR as you all know it can range from $118 to $149 making this very tempted to purchase, just DON'T DO IT ...
It just don't fit.
Even though I knew it was said it would not fit I still went ahead and purchase one.
If you are willing to cut the hose and redo them. If you are willing to spend another $200 on a set of good quality fans them go ahead and do so..
Old 09-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #48
phamine

My Ride: 01 Orient Blue 330i
Send a message via AIM to phamine Send a message via Yahoo to phamine
What aluminum radiator food you replace with? Did misnomers ever producean aluminum radiator?
Old 11-27-2011, 11:41 PM   #49
KDiggityDog76

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
Released: Mishimoto non-M Alu Radiator

So it appears there is no mention of anyone's experience with the non-M aluminum radiator from Mishimoto that was eventually released. Has anyone installed this piece As seen on eBay? It appears to have a drain plug where the original M version did not. Maybe this one will work for us? Let us know
KDiggityDog76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:48 PM   #50
bigjae1976

My Ride: A car
Send a message via MSN to bigjae1976
It says it fits Ms and non-Ms...which brings us to the original issue.

I'd just stick with OEM. You can get a radiator from Pelican for $130. It is a relatively easy DIY. The hard part is disconnecting the plastic hoses and expansion tank. If you replace those as well then the DIY should be much simpler.
bigjae1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:29 AM   #51
sunnyjay

My Ride: 01 330i
I bought one of these radiators for my 330ci.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/98-06-BMW-E4...ht_3866wt_1217

I had to cut-off all the taps that are welded to each side of the radiator. After that, I had to cut-off 2mm from the upper radiator hose outlet. The radiator fits fine and works great. For users who do purchase one and have questions. Please do pm me and I can answer them for you.
sunnyjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #52
bigjae1976

Pics?

I'm skeptical...$128 for an all aluminum radiator that is likely a low production run? If I've learned one thing from buying and installing aftermarket parts (especially on ebay) is that there is no free lunch. Its likely cheaper than OEM for a reason.

But credit is due to taking the leap...you've piqued my curiosity.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #53
sunnyjay

I have used many ebay aluminum radiators for years and never had issues with them. Even though they were mainly used in all my Honda's in the past and one in my dad's toyota tundra. They all held up great and the radiator in my dad's tundra is going to be 5 years old soon. My honda HPED civic has a ebay full aluminum radiator with no issues at all either. I had more issue with radiators from autozone and cskauto from leaky end tanks after 20k miles. Im not saying the ebay radiators are are bulletproof but they have worked great so far from my own personal experience. When I bought my 330ci my radiator was leaking from the end caps and I took the risk with the ebay radiator. I havent post on the forum about the radiator because I was waiting until I reached the one month mark. At least this way we know how well it holds up.

There a few things I do need to mention:
The expansion tank holder does not work with this radiator. Therefore it is held in place with zip ties right now until I build a new mount.
The fan does not fit behind the radiator due to the larger core, so it has to be move to the front.
I had use plumbers tape to hold the upper radiator to the frame and the same for the bottom.

Its a great value if you guys dont mind the little modifications to make things work.

Here are some pictures of the radiator.

Last edited by sunnyjay; 01-01-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:14 PM   #54
bigjae1976

No offense but it doesn't seem worth it. You can get a new Behr radiator from Pelican Parts for $150 and some other better fitting aftermarket ones for a little less.

Glad you got it to work. I think non-M's still don't have too many all aluminum radiator options.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #55
sunnyjay

None taken. It wasn't frustrating to get everything to work. As long as it wasn't much work to me then is ok.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Bimmer
Old 01-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #56
clt330ci

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330Ci
Blackworks Racing??

seems a company "blackworks racing" makes a aluminum radiator for the e46.. jus m3 or for nonM too?? anybody heard, seen, tried, or experienced these??

its priced at $250..
Old 01-10-2012, 05:32 AM   #57
bluejeansonfire
ninja editor

My Ride: shaken, not stirred
Send a message via AIM to bluejeansonfire
Quote:
Originally Posted by clt330ci View Post
seems a company "blackworks racing" makes a aluminum radiator for the e46.. jus m3 or for nonM too?? anybody heard, seen, tried, or experienced these??

its priced at $250..
sweet find. I think this is a brand-new offering

Old 01-10-2012, 10:51 AM   #58
KDiggityDog76

My Ride: 2003 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeansonfire View Post
sweet find. I think this is a brand-new offering
I found several other radiators of this brand on Horsepower Freaks' website, but unfortunately, they didn't seem to carry the one specific to our cars. I'd be interested in hearing what others have to say about it as well!
KDiggityDog76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #59
signalwest

My Ride: 2001 330i Sedan TS2
BlackWorks Radiator for e46 non-M 99 - 07

I saw this thread and just wrote Blackworks. Here is the response on the non-M radiator....IN THE WORKS!

BW:
Hello, thank you for your Email and concern on this Radiator. However this radiator will not fit your 330i this is for the M3. I am working on one for the 330i and hopefully will have it released in the next few months, over the years i have seen alot more interest in consumers for the 330i. again thank you for your Email and my apologize on the lack of info on our site its been along work in progress i will have that changed.

ME:
Nick, looking at the e46 forums if you come up with a design that will fit you should get more than a few buyers....especially if you can keep the price under $300. Please let me know when you come out with this product...I'll be the first in line to purchase and spread the word.
Thanks

BW:
Thanks for your reply ken it will be in the same price range as the M3 rad ($250). i will keep you posted when i have them ready.
signalwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #60
SweTurbo
Big Pimpin'

My Ride: 323i -98
Quote:
Originally Posted by signalwest View Post
I saw this thread and just wrote Blackworks. Here is the response on the non-M radiator....IN THE WORKS!

BW:
Hello, thank you for your Email and concern on this Radiator. However this radiator will not fit your 330i this is for the M3. I am working on one for the 330i and hopefully will have it released in the next few months, over the years i have seen alot more interest in consumers for the 330i. again thank you for your Email and my apologize on the lack of info on our site its been along work in progress i will have that changed.

ME:
Nick, looking at the e46 forums if you come up with a design that will fit you should get more than a few buyers....especially if you can keep the price under $300. Please let me know when you come out with this product...I'll be the first in line to purchase and spread the word.
Thanks

BW:
Thanks for your reply ken it will be in the same price range as the M3 rad ($250). i will keep you posted when i have them ready.
Sounds great
You should mention that 330=328=325=323=320=318=316 radiator
SweTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote