E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
Blocked Out

My Ride: Imola 330i M-Sport
> Good At Taking Money, Bad In Customer Service. BMWPartssource.com <

My order with BMWPartssource.com was for a CCV kit and I received it in a timely matter. Looked at content and the 11 43 1 740 045 O-Ring, Oil Dip Stick Tube to Oil Pan was missing. I thought maybe its just somewhere in the box, but surely enough the invoice did NOT show it as being a part of the order.

Contacted Patrick, showed him a copy of the invoice, he acknowledged his error and agreed to send me the O-Ring for free. So I began waiting.

That was 3 weeks ago, to be exact 01-06-2011, 11:52 PM.

After seeing no O-Ring in my mailbox and NO updates whatsoever for 2 weeks, I contacted him again asking for an update on this.

I get a message "This is Richie, I am filling in for patrick who is out sick. What part number are we to send you and to what address?

Richie"

I get frustrated as I already know it wasnt sent, so I tell him my address again. That was on 01-24-2011. Sent him another PM yesterday asking if it was shipped or not.

Still No response.

Bad, Bad customer service !

I dont care that the O-ring costs a few cents or what, I simply want to be treated like a customer. And if I paid for something I want to receive it or at least some type of update on the case.

BMWPartssource.com were however VERY good at giving me a quote and sending me an invoice for my purchase, but later disappeared.

====>>> E46 Coupe Airbags
IMG_1725

Last edited by Blocked Out; 01-27-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Blocked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #2
monkeyjuice5150

My Ride: ///M3 droptop
Send a message via AIM to monkeyjuice5150
They're new, I don't trust them either. Post like these gets them on their tip toes.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
TrickTizzle

My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to TrickTizzle
Your not the only one bro.

I stay away from Patrick. He is shady and gets caught in his lies all the time.

Stick with TischerBMW or AutohausAZ/Pelicanparts.
TrickTizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #4
Blocked Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickTizzle View Post
Your not the only one bro.

I stay away from Patrick. He is shady and gets caught in his lies all the time.

Stick with TischerBMW or AutohausAZ/Pelicanparts.
Please post your experience.

IMG_1725
Old 01-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #5
genuity

My Ride: '1 E46
Time for me to jump in on the fun and to throw down the hammer with my experience...this is only the tip of it. :clap: He's a sore loser and he tries to spread FUD about his competitor. Sorry but I was not born overnight. All genuine BMW parts come with a two year warranty with unlimited miles honored at any BMW dealership. :shhh:

He also claimed he will price match here because he was getting hungry for customers: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=798578

What kind of honor is this? :tsk: :thumbdwn:

Quote:
-----Original Message-----
To: BMW Parts Source
Subject: Price Match?

Patrick,

Would you price match this part number 32342282022 (E46 M3 steering
wheel) for $329.97 with Husker BMW's pricing?

http://www.bmwmercedesparts.com/part...?siteid=215771

Thanks

pcasey@bmwpartssource.com wrote:
I just found out I can do this price though $360, with a two year warranty on the part. And insured shipping 1/2 off.

To: BMW Parts Source
Subject: Re: Price Match?

Thanks for checking. I just pulled the trigger on the 329 after I got
your last email :(

The 329 price doesn't last that long and it's one of the lowest I have
seen in a while, aside from Tischer BMW's $320 special pricing a year
or two ago.

Subject: Re: Price Match?

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR WARRANTY. Sorry bro they are selling parts cheaper because there service takes longer and the warranty is cut in half.
genuity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:40 PM   #6
kpeng
Banned User

My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
I could tell by their website that they're a shady bunch. Sorry that you learned it the hard way.
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:58 PM   #7
TrickTizzle

My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to TrickTizzle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocked Out View Post
Please post your experience.
Didn't purchase any thing from him because of the following reasons.

1) He made a huge deal about the BMW Performance intake & strut brace. Telling us to hurry and there is a short supply, etc, etc. All vendors are stocked with these. And every time he would have a sale it had to be ordered before 3pm but 2 days later he would have the same sale on.
2) Their website represents him & the company he is working for. Its not even completed, and its pretty much ripped off of TischerBMWs site, and their prices are few dollars cheaper than Tischer.
3) To order stuff we have to email him or call him with our credit card info, can't trust him. That information should be secure.
4) Did I mention he lies? The sponsorship bullsh!t he had going on with 10% over cost is all fraud. Its definitely not 10% over cost.
I asked him about the Rear Trailing Arm and he said it was $625. MSRP on the part is $700, and even TischerBMW has the part for $550. and when I was inquiring about the part he was in a such a hurry to get me to order. He would said $625 today before 3pm or $650 tomorrow, or something of that nature.

All these points above and his replies to various members on this site make me think twice about ordering from him. If he was a trusted sponsor and his site wasn't shady and played fair with his pricing he would have earned my business. I literally replaced my whole cooling system, incl. all hoses, radiator, etc...

Last edited by TrickTizzle; 01-27-2011 at 10:02 PM.
TrickTizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:04 PM   #8
cvx5832

My Ride: 325Ci, 325Cic, C300
I had the same experience with Patrick. Happy to help before you give your credit card number; Customer service non-existent after charging you.

- No confirmation email/invoice which he said would be sent after the transaction.
- No confirmation of shipping, or an estimated time of arrival.
- I finally got a link after emailing him a couple times, but it didn't work because the link he sent was specific to his FedEx user ID. No tracking number on the link or the email body.

I eventually got my package, and that's how I knew my transaction was successful.

They're not the best priced, either. So yup, my money goes elsewhere next time. He sounded like a nice guy, but has much to learn about treating his customers right. It doesn't take much.

Paolo

Standard caveat : This was MY experience, and your experience may vary.

cvx5832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:33 PM   #9
GoingNuts
Just Nuts

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng View Post
I could tell by their website that they're a shady bunch. Sorry that you learned it the hard way.
WTF, it was only a 2 cent washer the OP didn't get, and they didn't even invoice or charge him. Sometimes, it's just not worth a shop's while to bring a 2 cent washer all the way from germany.

I think you are only bashing them because their competitors are putting you up for it.

Last edited by GoingNuts; 01-27-2011 at 10:37 PM.
GoingNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:36 PM   #10
N89

My Ride: 330Ci
I ordered my BMW Performance strut brace and intake from him, that's because they had the lowest price at the time... I didn't order through him though, I ordered through his site because using the part number was cheaper than the price he was giving (more on that below), plus I didn't want to do the whole email-for-an-order thing. The order was fulfilled quickly and shipped out, I got it right, nothing was wrong and I was happy except I didn't get an official BMW invoice for it.

He said he'd send it out later but never did, I never bothered to ask again since I knew he wouldn't be good at responding, it seems they only listen at the time you're handing out money and after that, you're email gets lost.

I don't think they're fit to efficiently handle the flood of customers and the reason I won't order from him directly is because the guy is giving a different price to everyone, all of the time, and the whole "order now before they're gone" routine has been twice-murdered. It's the inconsistency that I dislike...

It comes down to inexperience and unpreparedness for him.

BMWMercedesParts.com is much cheaper anyways, I'd rather order from them or Tischer anyday.

Last edited by N89; 01-27-2011 at 10:38 PM.
N89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:17 PM   #11
Blocked Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingNuts View Post
WTF, it was only a 2 cent washer the OP didn't get, and they didn't even invoice or charge him. Sometimes, it's just not worth a shop's while to bring a 2 cent washer all the way from germany.

I think you are only bashing them because their competitors are putting you up for it.
They did charge me for it, but hadnt included it in the invoice. He later acknowledged it and said he would ship it out, but hasnt in the last 3 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick- BMWPartsSource
Invoice shows $10.27 shipping. however when we sell the ccv kit we always sell all hoses unless stated you dont want it. because BMW reccomends replacing them all at the same time due to oil residue issues that weakens the hoses. also i will send you the oring free of charge in the mail. i am sorry about not getting it to you. email me your shipping address again please.

Patrick

IMG_1725
Old 01-27-2011, 11:30 PM   #12
cmpcpro

My Ride: 2000 Mercedes S430
Glad to know this before I order some parts..
cmpcpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:39 AM   #13
paraklas

My Ride: ESS TS2 320ci
I'll share my experience as well with them. Being overseas I am very limited to OEM parts suppliers. Since Tischer stopped shipping internationally, bmwpartssource became an option, and their prices were 1/3 of the price compared with our local dealership (that includes after shipping and import taxes :) )

First experience
I pm'ed them for a caliper rebuilt kit and I was told to e-mail my cc info and shipping address to send me the kit. There's absolutely no way for me to send such info over e-mail and I was surprised I was even asked to do so. I let that thing go and didn't proceed with the order. Instead I got the caliper rebuilt kit from ebay (genuine bmw)

Second experience
I wanted to order primarily a blower fan for my E30 and an alarm siren for my E46. I went through their website this time, found the parts by part number, added to cart, and after a while I managed to fill in the payment info (was a bit temperamental to work with). A few days later I get an e-mail that the blower fan is not available but the alarm siren was shipped. I'd have canceled the entire order because, the alarm siren was only ordered to get a "combined" shipping along with the blower fan. Anyway, since they shipped it, fine, couldn't do anything. I received a well packed package with the siren a few days ago, invoices plus genuine parts, stickers and box.

Third experience
Ordered two horns (low+high) for my E46, this time their website was more functional, order went through smoothly and got the packages very well packed.

Personally I see some effort to become better but I cannot comment to their after-sales service.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:57 AM   #14
mtnbound
Town Clown

My Ride: 330Ci Vert, 325iT
Here's an example of, in my opinion, lack of professionalism:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=809206

They post an item for "auction" in the sponsor site, and, based on the thread, there was zero follow through.
mtnbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:56 AM   #15
huskerick

My Ride: 02 325i/C6/89 944T
I've had both good and less than pleasant service.

Last edited by huskerick; 01-28-2011 at 09:07 AM.
huskerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #16
Broach><330

My Ride: 330CI -E30 325 (S52)
Thanks for the truth about this site/ guy or whatever it is..I was just about to place an order.. I guess ill stick with PELICAN they have never done me wrong!
Broach><330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:51 AM   #17
R0B

My Ride: zhp sedan
I ordered a valve cover gasket and oil pan gasket from them about two weeks ago and only received the valve cover gasket and the packaging wasn't that great... I am going to call...

:Headers: :Header-back Magnaflow Exhuast: :UUC clutch/lightweight flywheel: :AA stage 1 supercharger: :VMR V710:
For sale: 3.46 differential, 18x8.0 style 135/18x8.5 style 135/ 19x8.5 varrstoen 1.1.2
R0B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:08 AM   #18
RockLee

My Ride: 99 328i. ZSP, ZPP,
Send a message via Yahoo to RockLee Send a message via Skype™ to RockLee
I havent had any issues with them. :hmm:

1999 328i Sport Package, Premium Package, 5 speed, Alpine white.
RockLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:13 AM   #19
Patrick- BMWPartsSource
Internet Sales

My Ride: n/a
To everyone in the forum i am going to credit you back some if not all your shipping charges for your problem orders. i just need part numbers and dates purchased. I also want to let you know every BMW dealer offers a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty on parts and labor. If you buy a part over the internet or retail counter and it goes bad. It then has to be taken to a BMW dealership installed still in the car, run thru the shop, diagnosed and proven its defective and then BMW will pay for the diagnoses, the new part and the re-installation of the part as well.

I have let a lot of you down lately and would like the opportunity to make each and everyone of my mistakes right. Thanks for the time and consideration in this matter. Take care guys.

please email me your information on your orders and i will see you get back some if not all of it back along with a special gift from BMWPartsSource.com

BMWPartssource.com
Patrick- BMWPartsSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:23 AM   #20
Patrick- BMWPartsSource
Internet Sales

My Ride: n/a
I shipped that to you on Wednesday !!!!

BMWPartssource.com
Patrick- BMWPartsSource is offline   Reply With Quote