E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking

Suspension & Braking
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 08:28 PM   #21
chyuh

My Ride: 04 ZHP
On the check out page of TMS for the M3 sway, I think I'll have to lie and say I am buying it for a M3 since the product description says 'Fits M3 Only'
chyuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:35 PM   #22
simonhla

My Ride: 2009 E92 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by chyuh View Post
On the check out page of TMS for the M3 sway, I think I'll have to lie and say I am buying it for a M3 since the product description says 'Fits M3 Only'
I bought it from the same place and did the same thing. I trust you confirmed all these parts fit the sedan?
simonhla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:50 PM   #23
chyuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonhla View Post
I bought it from the same place and did the same thing. I trust you confirmed all these parts fit the sedan?
I've read from multiple posters that the front M3 swaybar fits non-m cars.

I am about to buy some front end links from pelican parts, found a 10 dollar off 50 code in my email! Score!. I just need to buy 7 dollars more of stuff to reach 50 or 32 more to get free shipping too.

my original spread sheet is such a mess now

Last edited by chyuh; 02-06-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #24
simonhla

Quote:
I've read from multiple posters that the front M3 swaybar fits non-m cars.

I am about to buy some front end links from pelican parts, found a 10 dollar off 50 code in my email! Score!. I just need to buy 7 dollars more of stuff to reach 50 or 32 more to get free shipping too.

my original spread sheet is such a mess now

Lol. I imagine that it is but given the various new parts sources people have offered up and the adjustments to some of your choices, I think you'll end up making a very decent savings over your original estimates. I went through almost exactly the same process as you, with spreadsheets etc, so it's kinda cool to see someone else making virtually all the same choices. Your ride is going to be amazing when it's all done. I'm currently compiling a list of all the changes, pre-emptive maintenance and mods I have done to my car but for the moment I've stopped because it just looks scary and reminds me of how much dough I have dropped. Not a good thing to be reminded of when I am about to do another major bout of pre-emptive maintance come the spring time.

Last edited by simonhla; 02-06-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:08 PM   #25
chyuh

Quote:
Lol. I imagine that it is but given the various new parts sources people have offered up and the adjustments to some of your choices, I think you'll end up making a very decent savings over your original estimates. I went through almost exactly the same process as you, with spreadsheets etc, so it's kinda cool to see someone else making virtually all the same choices. Your ride is going to be amazing when it's all done.
Thanks, I'm really looking forward to it.

Checking with RealOEM, the rear sway link for the sedan and the convertible are the same, so I am assuming the rear sway-bars are interchangeable too.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:13 PM   #26
simonhla

Quote:
Thanks, I'm really looking forward to it.

Checking with RealOEM, the rear sway link for the sedan and the convertible are the same, so I am assuming the rear sway-bars are interchangeable too.
I would assume so.
This is the link to the 20mm part at a great price. http://www.bmwmercedesparts.com/part...layCatalogid=0

In the unlikely event it doesn't fit, it's not a hugely expensive mistake and i am sure you could sell it to someone with a coupe. But I do think it fits. I would ask/search just a little further if you want to be sure.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:15 PM   #27
simonhla

Here's a thread that says coupe and sedan rear sways are interchangeable. Almost 100% certain that the Vert sway I got was identical to the coupe one I took off. Just a little thicker.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=760077
Old 02-06-2011, 09:49 PM   #28
chyuh

Quote:
Here's a thread that says coupe and sedan rear sways are interchangeable. Almost 100% certain that the Vert sway I got was identical to the coupe one I took off. Just a little thicker.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=760077
Thanks man, you have been a great help. RealOEM lists the same P/N for the rear sway bar for a coupe and sedan.

Here is a slightly updated spreadsheet so far.

Getting a used strut would save me a bunch more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sa.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	392390  
Old 02-06-2011, 10:04 PM   #29
simonhla

Good luck. Btw there are at least 3 used oem sport springs threads in the classifieds section. May all be for coupe. Not sure if the coupe and sedan springs are the same. But to give you an idea they are going for something in the 60 to 80 dollar range and all have low, low miles on them. Spreadsheet looks good.