E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Car Care & Detailing

Car Care & Detailing
Get detailing answers and tips here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2004, 05:02 PM   #1
03BMW325CI

My Ride: 2003 325CI
doing the full zaino tomorrow

hey guys,

first of all i gotta say i finally got my clears yesterday from circle and htey look awsome.

i will post some pics as soon as i can,

tomorrow if its a nice day i want to wash and detail my car with my zaino products i got few months ago. i havent done the whole zaino thing before and have few questions.

i got the zfx drops that supposedly halps the product to dry much quicker. how long do you think i should wait between coats?
is there a way of seeing if its dry or not?

whats the best way to clean scuff and dirt from the door sills and armrest?

thanks for your input

03BMW325CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-03-2004, 05:34 PM   #2
smoker9

My Ride: 02 330ci
Send a message via Yahoo to smoker9
go to the website-www.zainobros.com, they have specific instructions on how long and how to test if it's ready to be removed. i've had the stuff over a year now and actually just did my 330ci today. i've always follwed the directions and the results are always awesome...

sold...
smoker9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 06:23 PM   #3
bbh03

My Ride: M5, X5, 911SC
I just used zaino on my car and my friends a week ago on that warm day we had. Using the zfx accelerator, we just waited about 30 minutes and it was fine, but a little longer is okay too. We alternated Z2 and Z5 with the accelrator and used the spray (Z6 i think) between each application and it shines like hell and we did just one coat of z2 and one coat of z5 before it got dark.

to clean armrest, use leather cleaner. Door sills, not sure, I just sprayed them with windex and it helped a little.
bbh03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 03:16 AM   #4
abelgo1

My Ride: Carbon Black M3 Cab
Send a message via MSN to abelgo1
Hey Bro,

Well, your first decision was correct. Zaino Bros. kicks the **** out of anything else I've used. I'm glad that there are still people out there working hard to improve things like car wax. If you have never used Zaino Bros. before, you're going to like this stuff.

The Zaino Bros. ZFX Accelerator makes it easy-and fast. I've performed the entire Zaino Bros. treatment on two seperate occasions since getting my '02 E46 M3 SMG II Cab. two months ago. I leave the ZFX/Polish mixture on the paint for 30-40 mins. Each time, I used the exact quantities indicated and the closest possible conditions as recommended in the instructions. I can't say enough about this Zaino Bros. goop except... the best I've ever used!

Don't forget to use the Z-18 Clay Bar after removing all old wax, crap, etc. from the car using Dawn dishwashing liquid. Even if your car is brand new, don't leave the critical Clay Bar step out! It's important. You may be reluctant to wash your car with dishwashing liquid but their website explains that if Dawn had never been invented for washing dishes, the exact-same stuff would have eventually been created just for the purpose of preparing car finishes for Zaino. Dawn is the perfect stuff for this purpose and it WILL NOT HARM THE PAINT SURFACE. Of course, for regular washings, use your Zaino Car Shampoo.
abelgo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 08:33 AM   #5
Kut_Audi

My Ride: 99 Audi A4/ 02 M3
as stated above with the ZFX as long as it's warm out...no more than 20-30 minutes and it should be dry...essencially by the time you get all the way around the car...you should be able to start taking it off where you started.

as for the door sills...just use a damp rag to get any dirt out of there...it's always worked for me.
Kut_Audi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 10:50 AM   #6
He and his
name's PHIL

My Ride: is not my sig
Send a message via AIM to He and his Send a message via MSN to He and his
if u live in NY..........i'd wait till spring when its atleast 60+ degrees outside to do the zaino treatment.........it works the best in warm weather, making your job easier also

Drive me biach
He and his is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 11:02 AM   #7
03BMW325CI

My Ride: 2003 325CI
can someone post the corect method of usign the clay bar?

do you have to do every inch of the car?
i havent done that part before, it sounds rather intimidating

03BMW325CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 11:09 AM   #8
Kut_Audi

My Ride: 99 Audi A4/ 02 M3
you should do every inch of the car...but it's realy not bad at all...wet a small area with some sort of lubricant, zaino recommends water and their wash, other companies recommend some sort of quick detailier, with that section lubricated rub the clay bar back and forth on the surface of the paint. If there are contaminants you'll actually hear them as the bar grabs them out of the paint...hard to describe...if you can still hear the bar trying to take off contiminants continue to do the same area...if the bar is sliding over the surface of the paint and you hear or feel nothing then rince the area and move on. (rince to get rid of any clay residue). Once finished wash the entire car once again.

it's intimidating at first...but once you've done even a small section you'll realize how easy it is...actually easier than applying wax if you ask me...because you don't have to be as exact...top surfaces (hood, roof, deck lid) shold be the hot spots for contaminants...as they usually settle onto the paint there first...esp if dew ever forms on the car. Other places to watch are behind the front wheel wells, metallic brake pads throw small particles that will get stuck in the paint there as well.
Kut_Audi is offline   Reply With Quote