E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking

Suspension & Braking
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2011, 05:45 PM   #21
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
This is the For Sale Section, I'll ask a mod to move it for you.

Last edited by Alex323Ci; 02-11-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:54 PM   #22
clean.dc5.fth

My Ride: dc5
What suspension is it?
Old 02-11-2011, 05:58 PM   #23
dirsh
Hawaii 3.0

My Ride: sanbyaku sanjuu
boooooo

Quote:
Hello dirsh it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?
dirsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #24
323I00

My Ride: E46 323I
^^^^^ Nice whip DIRSH
323I00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:10 PM   #25
RockLee

My Ride: 99 328i. ZSP, ZPP,
Send a message via Yahoo to RockLee Send a message via Skype™ to RockLee
Quote:
Originally Posted by jflow326 View Post
What's amusing?
Your Headlights.

1999 328i Sport Package, Premium Package, 5 speed, Alpine white.
RockLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:32 PM   #26
Penguin Koolaid
Banned

My Ride: Inline Six
TEIN decal and chrome headlight inserts. Wow.
Penguin Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #27
GunMoto

My Ride: EG8 | E46 | W211
Send a message via AIM to GunMoto
BAM!
Old 02-11-2011, 06:58 PM   #28
albeee

My Ride: Fit, Z4, XJ6
Interesting A-pillar treatment...

Sent from my MB200 using Bimmer App

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALMONT View Post
stancewerks is for dudes who pick up dudes for a little stretch and poke.
albeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:04 PM   #29
danwilz

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert 2012 X5
This is going to be Epic!
Old 02-11-2011, 07:49 PM   #30
Manny330

My Ride: 02 330i
Send a message via AIM to Manny330
Congrats on the drop. Factory sport suspension gives the car a good look and is comfortable. I sometimes regret dropping my car cause of the roads by me.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Bimmer App
Old 02-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #31
_Shark

My Ride: '12 MK6 GTI
Send a message via AIM to _Shark
e46Fanatics, A Place for friends.

_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #32
nixmoradz

My Ride: 325ci
Bam! Bam! Biggelow!
nixmoradz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:00 PM   #33
_Shark

My Ride: '12 MK6 GTI
Send a message via AIM to _Shark
Gelatin, a protein produced from collagen extracted from the boiled bones, connective tissues, and intestines of animals, has been well-known and used for many years.

It was popularized in the Victorian era with spectacular and complex "jelly moulds". Gelatin was sold in sheets and had to be purified, which was very time-consuming. It also made gelatin desserts the province of the relatively well-to-do. In 1845, industrialist Peter Cooper (who built the first American steam-powered locomotive, the Tom Thumb), obtained a patent (US Patent 4084) for powdered gelatin.[1][2]

Forty years later the patent was sold to a LeRoy, New York-based carpenter and cough syrup manufacturer, Pearle B. Wait. He and his wife May added strawberry, raspberry, orange and lemon flavoring to the powder and gave the product its present name in 1897. Unable to successfully market their concoction, in 1899 the Waits sold the business to a neighbor, Orator Francis Woodward, for $450.

Even Woodward struggled to sell the powdered product. Beginning in 1902, to raise awareness, Woodward's Genesee Pure Food Company placed advertisements in the Ladies' Home Journal proclaiming Jell-O to be "America's Most Famous Dessert." Jell-O remained a minor success until 1904, when Genesee Pure Food Company sent enormous numbers of salesmen out into the field to distribute free Jell-O cookbooks, a pioneering marketing tactic at the time.[3] Within a decade, three new flavors, chocolate (discontinued in 1927), cherry and peach, were added, and the brand was launched in Canada. Celebrity testimonials and recipes appeared in advertisements featuring actress Ethel Barrymore and opera singer Ernestine Schumann-Heink.

In 1923, the newly rechristened Jell-O Company launched D-Zerta, an artificially sweetened version of Jell-O. Two years later, Postum and Genesee merged, and in 1927 Postum acquired Clarence Birdseye's frozen foods company to form the General Foods Corporation. By 1930, there appeared a vogue in American cuisine for congealed salads, and the company introduced lime-flavored Jell-O to complement the various add-ins that cooks across the U.S. were combining in these aspics and salads. By the 1950s, these salads would become so popular that Jell-O responded with savory and vegetable flavors such as celery, Italian, mixed vegetable and seasoned tomato. These savory flavors have since been discontinued.

In 1934, sponsorship from Jell-O made comedian Jack Benny the dessert's spokesperson.[4] At this time also was introduced a jingle (created by the agency Young & Rubicam[5]) that would be familiar over the next several decades, in which the spelling "J-E-L-L-O" was (or could be) sung over a rising five-note musical theme.

In 1936, chocolate returned to the Jell-O lineup, this time as an instant pudding made with milk. It proved enormously popular and over time other pudding flavors were added such as vanilla, tapioca, coconut, pistachio, butterscotch, egg custard, flan and rice pudding.

New flavors continued to be added and unsuccessful ones were removed: in the 1950s and 1960s, apple, black cherry, black raspberry, grape, lemon-lime, mixed fruit, orange-banana, pineapple-grapefruit, blackberry, strawberry-banana, tropical fruit and more intense "wild" versions of the venerable strawberry, raspberry and cherry. In 1966, the Jell-O "No-Bake" dessert line was launched, which allowed a cheesecake to be made in 15 minutes. In 1971 pre-packaged prepared pudding called Jell-O Pudding Treats were introduced. During this same period, 1-2-3 Jell-O, a gelatin dessert that separated into three layers as it cooled was unveiled. Until 1987, 1-2-3 Jell-O could readily be found in grocery stores throughout most of the United States, but the dessert is now extremely rare. Jell-O Whip 'n Chill, a mousse-style dessert, was also introduced and widely promoted; it also remains available only in limited areas today.

In 1964, the slogan "There's always room for Jell-O" was introduced, promoting the product as a "light dessert" that could easily be consumed even after a heavy meal.

In 1974, comedian Bill Cosby became the company's pudding spokesperson, and continued to serve as the voice of Jell-O for almost thirty years. Over the course of his tenure as the mouthpiece for the company, he would help introduce new products such as frozen Jell-O Pops (in both gelatin and pudding varieties); the new Sugar-Free Jell-O, which replaced D-Zerta in 1984 and was sweetened with NutraSweet; Jell-O Jigglers concentrated gummi snacks; and Sparkling Jell-O, a carbonated version of the dessert touted as the "Champagne of Jell-O." In 2010, Cosby returned as Jell-O spokesperson in an on-line web series called "OBKB." [6]

In 1989, General Foods was merged into Kraft Foods by parent company Philip Morris (now the Altria Group). New flavors were continually introduced: watermelon, blueberry, cranberry, margarita and piņa colada among others. In 2001, Green Jell-O was declared the "Official State Snack" of Utah, with Governor Michael O. Leavitt declaring an annual "Jell-O Week."[7] During the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, the souvenir pins included one depicting green Jell-O.[8]

As of 2008[update], there are more than 158 products sold under the Jell-O brand name and about 300 million boxes of Jell-O gelatin sold in the United States each year.

Jell-O is also used as a substantial ingredient in a well-known dessert, a "Jell-O mold" the preparation of which requires a mold designed to hold gelatin, and the depositing of small quantities of chopped fruit, nuts, and other ingredients before it hardens and takes on its typical form. Fresh pineapple, papaya, kiwi, and ginger root cannot be used because they contain enzymes that prevent the gelatin from "setting."

_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:13 PM   #34
jflow326

My Ride: 2000 323i
Is about the suspension on the car idk y doush bags have to over analyze stuff it's my car I like it and I get plenty of women in it ALWAYS
jflow326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:26 PM   #35
dirsh
Hawaii 3.0

My Ride: sanbyaku sanjuu
Quote:
Originally Posted by 323I00 View Post
^^^^^ Nice whip DIRSH
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Shark View Post
e46Fanatics, A Place for friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixmoradz View Post
Bam! Bam! Biggelow!
old school

Quote:
Hello dirsh it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?
dirsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:24 AM   #36
hotkarl

My Ride: ZHP
Quote:
Is about the suspension on the car idk y doush bags have to over analyze stuff it's my car I like it and I get plenty of women in it ALWAYS
Randomizer

FAIL
hotkarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #37
wdeerfield

My Ride: 2009 E90, 2011 F10
< this XI guy is even more low than this..

2009 MBM E90 | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | CA | 6FL | NAV | XENONS | 18x8.5 VB3s ET30/25
2011 JB F10 | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | 6FL | NAV | 331s Square
wdeerfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:16 PM   #38
g4LLiT0

My Ride: 99 Bmw
Quote:
I had tein lowering springs and got an intake
Sport susp still looks high, tein sticker?? really??

ilike the way you added, and got an intake..like the tein sticker made your intake give you more power....
Old 02-13-2011, 01:25 PM   #39
FTWeisse

My Ride: has no hip-hop rimz
lulz. Funny thread is funny.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #40
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
Oh man this got funnier after I left.

Mr. OP, how can one also achieve the "getting women"?
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote