E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 567 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:23 AM   #9001
HyeWarrior

My Ride: '03 325i --> '13 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramtin325i View Post
BUMP, we need more images.

I HATE that

Wow
So Amaze
Much Torque Steer
Such FWDoge
HyeWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:56 AM   #9002
southpaw

My Ride: E36 M3 and E36 318ti
I loled at the cat video because my cat has done similar things.

239whp/227wtq @2700lbs
southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:19 AM   #9003
B33MER

My Ride: 330i SMG M-Sport

Love the sticker

taken from:
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forum...pe-in-Malaysia!!
CF Roundels all around, Black grillz, 7000k Angel eyes,6300k HID fog lights, Hamman Lip reps, ACS roof spoiler reps, Alutech front and rear struts, BMC CDA with DIY heatshield, Pro RS braided brake line, ///M Billet Oil Cap, OEM ///M mats, ///M aluminium pedals,

B33MER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:43 AM   #9004
Breyton-BMW

My Ride: Ti
Send a message via AIM to Breyton-BMW Send a message via Yahoo to Breyton-BMW
^ Maybe it has a V10 shoved in there.

Breyton-BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:44 AM   #9005
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtestifyx View Post
He teaches you how to survive on less than decent conditions? Sorry man, but Bear Grylls is just a TV show host.

If you want to learn how to survive, look up at Ron Hood. He's the survival expert who really teaches how to survive, not some TV host making thousands for every episode he films
People obviously talk without looking into what he really does.

Prior to the Everest Expedition, Bear, also a Karate Black Belt, spent three years with the British Special Air Service (21 SAS). What makes his story even more remarkable is that during this time he suffered a free-fall parachuting accident in Africa where he broke his back in three places. After months and months of rehabilitation, focusing always on his childhood dream of Everest, he slowly became strong enough to attempt the ultimate ascent of the world's highest peak.

Circumnavigation of the UK

In 2000, Grylls, led the first team to circumnavigate the UK on a personal watercraft or jet ski, taking about 30 days, to raise money for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI). He also rowed naked for 22 miles in a homemade bathtub along the Thames to raise funds for a friend who lost his legs in a climbing accident.[24]
Crossing the North Atlantic

Three years later, he led a team of five, including his childhood friend, SAS colleague, and Mount Everest climbing partner Mick Crosthwaite, on the first unassisted crossing of the north Atlantic Arctic Ocean, in an open rigid inflatable boat. Suffering weeks of frozen spray and icebergs, battling force 8 gale winds, hypothermia, and storms in an eleven-metre-long boat through some of the most treacherous stretches of water in the world including the Labrador Sea, the Denmark Strait, and the stretch made famous by The Perfect Storm, Grylls and his team were just barely able to finish the journey from Halifax, Nova Scotia to John o' Groats, Scotland.
Paramotoring over Angel Falls

In 2005, Grylls led the first team ever to attempt to paramotor over the remote jungle plateau of the Angel Falls in Venezuela, the world's highest waterfall. The team was attempting to reach the highest, most remote tepuis.
Dinner party at altitude

In 2005, alongside the balloonist and mountaineer David Hempleman-Adams and Lieutenant Commander Alan Veal, leader of the Royal Navy Freefall Parachute Display Team, Grylls created a world record for the highest open-air formal dinner party, which they did under a hot-air balloon at 25,000 feet, dressed in full mess dress and oxygen masks. To train for the event, he made over 200 parachute jumps. This was in aid of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award and The Prince's Trust.
Paramotoring over the Himalayas

In 2007, Grylls claimed to have broken a new world record by flying a Parajet paramotor over the Himalayas, higher than Mount Everest.[25] Grylls took off from 14,500 feet, 8 miles south of the mountain. Grylls reported looking down on the summit during his ascent and coping with temperatures of ***8722;60 C . He endured dangerously low oxygen levels and eventually reached 29,500 feet, almost 10,000 feet higher than the previous record of 20,019 feet. The feat was filmed for Discovery Channel worldwide as well as Channel 4 in the UK.[26]

While Grylls initially planned to cross over Everest itself, the permit was only to fly to the south of Everest, and he did not traverse Everest out of risk of violating Chinese airspace.[27]
Journey Antarctica 2008

In 2008, Bear lead a team of four to climb one of the most remote unclimbed peaks in the world in Antarctica. This was raising funds for Global Angels kids charity and awareness for the potential of alternative energies. During this mission the team also aimed to explore the coast of Antarctica by inflatable boat and jetski, part powered by bioethanol, and then to travel across some of the vast ice desert by wind-powered kite-ski and electric powered paramotor. However, the expedition was cut short after Grylls suffered a broken shoulder while kite skiing across a stretch of ice. Travelling at speeds up to 50 km/h (30 mph), a ski caught on the ice, launching him in the air and breaking his shoulder when he came down. He had to be medically evacuated.[28]
Longest indoor freefall

Grylls, along with the double amputee Al Hodgson and the Scotsman Freddy MacDonald, set a Guinness world record in 2008 for the longest continuous indoor freefall.[29] The previous record was 1 hr 36 mins by a US team. Grylls, Hodgson, and MacDonald, using a vertical wind tunnel in Milton Keynes, broke the record by a few seconds. The attempt was in support of the charity Global Angels.
Northwest Passage Expedition

In August 2010 Grylls lead a team of five to take an ice-breaking rigid-inflatable boat (RIB) through 2,500 miles (4,000 km) of the ice strewn Northwest Passage. The expedition intended to raise awareness of the effects of global warming and to raise money for children's charity Global Angels.[30]

The truth is this dude is a bad ass that is taking advantage of his skills to make money for himself and many other charities.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:50 AM   #9006
welcher330xi

My Ride: 2001 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
People obviously talk without looking into what he really does......The truth is this dude is a bad ass that is taking advantage of his skills to make money for himself and many other charities.
Bear may have real world survival skills, but he definately doesn't portray them in his tv show. Man vs. Wild is a show geared towards keeping the audience engaged and excited. A good show? Yes, but not if you want to learn how to survive in the wilderness. Les Stroud on the other hand, knows his sh1t AND portrays it as accurately as he can on Survivorman. Bear sleeps in hotels at night. Can you compare the two shows? Not really, they are geared towards two different viewing experiences.

Got to give Bear and Les the credit they deserve. Both doing their thing and keeping their paper up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attaus View Post
Twice as much profit? Yeah, maybe in Canadian dollars.
welcher330xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:57 AM   #9007
unionjack
Conceited Prick

My Ride: 997.2 C2S
Old 02-23-2011, 09:24 AM   #9008
OrisuE46

My Ride: 325xi
@ calling bear grylls just a tv host.

R.I.P

OrisuE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:29 AM   #9009
TayloMade[07]

My Ride: '12 Frontier Pro-4x
Quote:
Yeah I've seen that before. The fact remains that he still jumps in ice cold water climbs waterfalls, and shows us how to survive when we'd all probably die. I don't care if somethings are exaggerated sometimes.
watch survivor man - Les Stroud. and then tell me Bear is not a phony...

I did the stuff bear does in grade 11 outdoor school. Les Stroud aka Survivor man is the real deal, anyone who can live in the wild for 7 days shooting all of his own scenes, that means when you see him walking away from the camera a couple hundred feet away, he has to walk back pick the cam up and walk all the way back. its tough work, I've done it.... but yeah, Les > Bear
Old 02-23-2011, 11:21 AM   #9010
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TayloMade[07] View Post

I did the stuff bear does in grade 11 outdoor school. Les Stroud aka Survivor man is the real deal, anyone who can live in the wild for 7 days shooting all of his own scenes, that means when you see him walking away from the camera a couple hundred feet away, he has to walk back pick the cam up and walk all the way back. its tough work, I've done it.... but yeah, Les > Bear
I'm not comparing the two dude. I'm simply saying what bear does is not easy like all of you assume.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:30 AM   #9011
blacksport325

My Ride: 98 M3, 318is, CBR600
Paging griffin, we need more lol pics
blacksport325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:32 AM   #9012
615bimmerboy

My Ride: 02 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
I hate cats, but this is funny
was gonna lol but im in class
I will not show you photos of my nuts.
615bimmerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 11:36 AM   #9013
speedcrazy1532

My Ride: is over
Quote:
AHA, love it.

Quote:

Prior to the Everest Expedition, Bear, also a Karate Black Belt, spent three years with the British Special Air Service (21 SAS). What makes his story even more remarkable is that during this time he suffered a free-fall parachuting accident in Africa where he broke his back in three places. After months and months of rehabilitation, focusing always on his childhood dream of Everest, he slowly became strong enough to attempt the ultimate ascent of the world's highest peak.

In 2000, Grylls, led the first team to circumnavigate the UK on a personal watercraft or jet ski, taking about 30 days, to raise money for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI). He also rowed naked for 22 miles in a homemade bathtub along the Thames to raise funds for a friend who lost his legs in a climbing accident.[24]

Three years later, he led a team of five, including his childhood friend, SAS colleague, and Mount Everest climbing partner Mick Crosthwaite, on the first unassisted crossing of the north Atlantic Arctic Ocean, in an open rigid inflatable boat. Suffering weeks of frozen spray and icebergs, battling force 8 gale winds, hypothermia, and storms in an eleven-metre-long boat through some of the most treacherous stretches of water in the world including the Labrador Sea, the Denmark Strait, and the stretch made famous by The Perfect Storm, Grylls and his team were just barely able to finish the journey from Halifax, Nova Scotia to John o' Groats, Scotland.

In 2005, Grylls led the first team ever to attempt to paramotor over the remote jungle plateau of the Angel Falls in Venezuela, the world's highest waterfall. The team was attempting to reach the highest, most remote tepuis.
Dinner party at altitude

In 2005, alongside the balloonist and mountaineer David Hempleman-Adams and Lieutenant Commander Alan Veal, leader of the Royal Navy Freefall Parachute Display Team, Grylls created a world record for the highest open-air formal dinner party, which they did under a hot-air balloon at 25,000 feet, dressed in full mess dress and oxygen masks. To train for the event, he made over 200 parachute jumps. This was in aid of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award and The Prince's Trust.

In 2007, Grylls claimed to have broken a new world record by flying a Parajet paramotor over the Himalayas, higher than Mount Everest.[25] Grylls took off from 14,500 feet, 8 miles south of the mountain. Grylls reported looking down on the summit during his ascent and coping with temperatures of ***8722;60 C . He endured dangerously low oxygen levels and eventually reached 29,500 feet, almost 10,000 feet higher than the previous record of 20,019 feet. The feat was filmed for Discovery Channel worldwide as well as Channel 4 in the UK.[26]

While Grylls initially planned to cross over Everest itself, the permit was only to fly to the south of Everest, and he did not traverse Everest out of risk of violating Chinese airspace.[27]
Journey Antarctica 2008

In 2008, Bear lead a team of four to climb one of the most remote unclimbed peaks in the world in Antarctica. This was raising funds for Global Angels kids charity and awareness for the potential of alternative energies. During this mission the team also aimed to explore the coast of Antarctica by inflatable boat and jetski, part powered by bioethanol, and then to travel across some of the vast ice desert by wind-powered kite-ski and electric powered paramotor. However, the expedition was cut short after Grylls suffered a broken shoulder while kite skiing across a stretch of ice. Travelling at speeds up to 50 km/h (30 mph), a ski caught on the ice, launching him in the air and breaking his shoulder when he came down. He had to be medically evacuated.[28]
Longest indoor freefall

Grylls, along with the double amputee Al Hodgson and the Scotsman Freddy MacDonald, set a Guinness world record in 2008 for the longest continuous indoor freefall.[29] The previous record was 1 hr 36 mins by a US team. Grylls, Hodgson, and MacDonald, using a vertical wind tunnel in Milton Keynes, broke the record by a few seconds. The attempt was in support of the charity Global Angels.

In August 2010 Grylls lead a team of five to take an ice-breaking rigid-inflatable boat (RIB) through 2,500 miles (4,000 km) of the ice strewn Northwest Passage. The expedition intended to raise awareness of the effects of global warming and to raise money for children's charity Global Angels.[30]

The truth is this dude is a bad ass that is taking advantage of his skills to make money for himself and many other charities.
Pwnt. lol

Quote:

+1 Bear deserves some cred though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport325 View Post
Paging griffin, we need more lol pics
He's a little tied up today. Serious matters.

-Phil
speedcrazy1532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:02 PM   #9014
ghorn

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:

Dinner party at altitude

Journey Antarctica 2008

Longest indoor freefall

didn't lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Doing drugs and having sex... oh wow big deal. Well it is actually a HUGE deal.
ghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 12:27 PM   #9015
Amoeba

My Ride: his: zhp hers: 325ci
Send a message via Yahoo to Amoeba
Quote:

Watching Survivor man is like watching paint peel. There's a whole lot of whining involved.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:30 PM   #9016
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghorn View Post
didn't lol

sorry, sh1t got serious for a minute.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:07 PM   #9017
GRIFFIN
NWS

My Ride: 04 330i zsp,zpp,zcw

** Removed - Please stop - Tim330i **
*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
* Continuing to put animated images in your sig will get you banned - Tim330i *
**You make me so horny.- Tim330i **
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
I can honestly say that because of Griffin, i am desensitized to alot of wierd stuff!
GRIFFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #9018
GRIFFIN
NWS

*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
Quote:
I can honestly say that because of Griffin, i am desensitized to alot of wierd stuff!
Old 02-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #9019
GRIFFIN
NWS

*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
Quote:
Old 02-23-2011, 02:46 PM   #9020
Redline

My Ride: ///M3 Vert

///M
Redline is offline   Reply With Quote