E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 02:35 AM   #1
KH0

My Ride: 323i
Cool LED Angel Eyes, LED Bulbs, & LED Tail Lights Upgrade

Hello,

This is my FIRST POST

I am upgrading the entire lighting system of my car to LEDs, therefore I need your advise.

1.) LED Angel Eyes (Premium) White or Amber
2.) E46 LED Turn Signal Bulb Amber or White (I already have the clear corners)
3.) High Powered Sidemarker LED Bulb White or Amber
4.) LED Tail Lights Clear or Smoked
5.) E46 LED Reverse Light

Do you think if I were to just replace the OEM Halogen Bulbs to LED for the Tail Lights would it look better or should I go with the whole kit?

I hear Khoa from Khoalty gives good discounts specially when purchasing multiple items. BUT I am trying to get a hold of him. I e-mailed, & phoned him, but still now response?

Thanks Everybody

Last edited by KH0; 02-24-2011 at 10:07 AM.
KH0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:40 AM   #2
infinite012

My Ride: White '08 STI
It's like a multi-fail aggregated into one single epic-fail of a post.
infinite012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:06 AM   #3
KH0

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite012 View Post
It's like a multi-fail aggregated into one single epic-fail of a post.
Huh?
Old 02-24-2011, 10:19 AM   #4
infinite012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KH0 View Post
Hello,

This is my FIRST POST

I am upgrading the entire lighting system of my car to LEDs, therefore I need your advise.

Do you think if I were to just replace the OEM Halogen Bulbs to LED for the Tail Lights would it look better or should I go with the whole kit?

I hear Khoa from Khoalty gives good discounts specially when purchasing multiple items. BUT I am trying to get a hold of him. I e-mailed, & phoned him, but still now response?

Thanks Everybody
This is a personal preference thing. You get what you want, not what we tell you to get.

Check with your local police department. Most places will tell you that you need amber signal bulbs. White would be illegal in most parts of the USA. Not sure about Canadia.

Again, check with your local police.

Again, personal preference.

Completely useless unless you're using high power LEDs. 1W LEDs will not light up too much.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:16 PM   #5
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
LED Angel Eyes- I'd recommend a 6000k Xenon white kit, we carry WeissLicht LED Angel Eyes which is a solid option.

I prefer clear on these cars unless you are doing a smoked/black out theme.

Sedan Clear or Smoked Front Corners

Clear or Smoked Sidemarkers

Sedan Clear or Smoked LED Tail Lights

You can run our Version 3 LED Turn Signal and Sidemarker Bulbs for the front, side and reverse lights. You can also do them for the rear turn signals if you end up not purchasing LED tails.

Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:15 PM   #6
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Hello,

This is my FIRST POST

Orion V2 Multi-Color Kit - Available for most models now. If you have a special model you would like built, we have sizes for anything now.
Orion V2 - Brightest, Longest Lasting, Best Fitting Angel Eyes Kit

1156/1157/7440/3157/3457 LED V4 Bulbs - These multi-directional bulbs fit most any application turn signals and use SMD high power LED not found in your typical eBay unbranded cheaper alternatives.

V4 Side LED - T10/194 - small "peanut" LED bulbs that are almost as bright as their larger 1156 cousins

Eagle Eyes are a good choice, they are on our site.

1156/1157/7440/3157/3457 LED V4 Bulbs -

I would recommend giving us a call, we're also on Skype.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:01 PM   #7
KH0

Thank You Jlevi & Umnitza.

You both have great service and I appreciate the fast reply

I have been trying to reach Khoalty, and left them a message but no response it's been two days

Now I am open to purchase from any of you guys and looking for a good discount. Only reason I am willing to purchase from Khoalty is because of their price.

When the project is completed I can certainly put it up on here and YouTube and mention where I bought it from.

Please PM me the price,

Last edited by KH0; 02-24-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:19 PM   #8
KH0

AND any one else know how to contact Khoalty?
Old 02-24-2011, 03:20 PM   #9
infinite012

Send them another e-mail? Do you have to order now?
Old 02-24-2011, 03:21 PM   #10
KH0

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite012 View Post
Send them another e-mail? Do you have to order now?
Well the sooner the better I guess.

Did you order anything from them before?

Thanks.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:34 PM   #11
umnitza

Quote:

I have been trying to reach Khoalty, and left them a message but no response it's been two days

Now I am open to purchase from any of you guys and looking for a good discount. Only reason I am willing to purchase from Khoalty is because of their price.

When the project is completed I can certainly put it up on here and YouTube and mention where I bought it from.

Please PM me the price,
Pricing for our parts is very competitive
Old 02-25-2011, 05:04 PM   #12
Cadeez

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP
Go umnitza all the way! I just ordered a slew of lighting, all of what you're doing, and I got a smokin deal! Cool people too and very helpful and patient, Tim is the man.
Cadeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:14 PM   #13
Edison@JleviSW
1.888.JLEVISW

My Ride: BMW Duh
Send a message via AIM to Edison@JleviSW
Quote:

Please PM me the price,
Absolutely, we are very competitive on pricing and even more competitive on service
Edison@JleviSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 05:45 PM   #14
umnitza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadeez View Post
Go umnitza all the way! I just ordered a slew of lighting, all of what you're doing, and I got a smokin deal! Cool people too and very helpful and patient, Tim is the man.
thank you
was a pleasure speaking with you
hope you enjoy the lights
hope to hear from you in the future
tim k - sales manager
Old 02-25-2011, 10:59 PM   #15
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc
Sponsor

My Ride: BMWs
hey hey, sent you a PM sorry.. didn't see your emails coming through, we've been working on something pretty cool that will be up and live this weekend, it's literally been consuming our lives, but worth it so your questions get answered /before/ you ask them

[ours are installed on a LOT of members cars here, great deal, great price, and quality as always.. i mean i don't know if ours can be beat on a desk with a hammer but how often are you going to be doing this when they're in your headlights? to me this is just a marketing hype tactic]

[you can get ours that light up amber, looks white in the housing but lights amber, brighter than most since we use the tower style led's, don't fall for the 'v3' or 'v4' other vendors do, pretty much all these led bulbs are the same now, these require a resistor to not have super fast blinkers']

[either pay a few bucks from us or pay 10+ from the others, again you can get the white look ones that light up amber, no errors]

[everyone sells the same ones, eagle eyes is the brand that makes the best ones, ours are just better priced than the other two that've been talking here]

[same deal as the turn signal led bulb]

you look at our license plate light too? either spend 5-6 times the amount and get a 'orions belt v5 ultra smd-led-xtc' version or get ours, if you need anything else reply to my PM.
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:02 AM   #16
KH0

Thanks Everyone Really Appreciated
Old 03-01-2011, 10:04 PM   #17
mujjuman

My Ride: not an E46
go with khoalty

2003 325xi 5MT
Jet Black, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, OEM Xenon ^^RIP
sig by Solidjake
mujjuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:04 AM   #18
omiecarrasco

My Ride: 2001 BMW 330ci
Looking for some advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean | KHOALTY, Inc View Post
hey hey, sent you a PM sorry.. didn't see your emails coming through, we've been working on something pretty cool that will be up and live this weekend, it's literally been consuming our lives, but worth it so your questions get answered /before/ you ask them

[ours are installed on a LOT of members cars here, great deal, great price, and quality as always.. i mean i don't know if ours can be beat on a desk with a hammer but how often are you going to be doing this when they're in your headlights? to me this is just a marketing hype tactic]

[you can get ours that light up amber, looks white in the housing but lights amber, brighter than most since we use the tower style led's, don't fall for the 'v3' or 'v4' other vendors do, pretty much all these led bulbs are the same now, these require a resistor to not have super fast blinkers']

[either pay a few bucks from us or pay 10+ from the others, again you can get the white look ones that light up amber, no errors]

[everyone sells the same ones, eagle eyes is the brand that makes the best ones, ours are just better priced than the other two that've been talking here]

[same deal as the turn signal led bulb]

you look at our license plate light too? either spend 5-6 times the amount and get a 'orions belt v5 ultra smd-led-xtc' version or get ours, if you need anything else reply to my PM.

Hi,

I am new to the group but not new to the automotive industry. I just bought a 2001 BMW 330ci with HID headlights and was wondering if some one sold a set of lights that would include: smoked marker lights, smoked turn signal lights and smoked tail lights. I also was wondering if someone knew where i could get a set of smoked heat light lenses. Like a stated, my headlights are HIDs and want to leave them as is but I want the smoked lenses and I also want to add the angel eyes.

Any help is appreciated and if you can get me a good deal on everything, I am willing to buy the parts now.

thank you

Last edited by Solidjake; 10-02-2012 at 12:01 PM.
omiecarrasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:41 AM   #19
Russian172

My Ride: Flying brick,e39 b28
Lets have the vendors battle it out on who gives the lowest price !!!

Still umnitza though
Old 10-02-2012, 03:27 PM   #20
BBBoy323i
All show no go!

My Ride: 2000 323i Black/Gray
Khoalty ftw a+ service and great prices. So far never let me down! Eagle eye tailights look awesome and all bug too bright IMO. I have them and I feel that every time I brake I blind people, especially at night. I'm looking to put smoke film over the brake light, you should too unless you want a lot of haters. For angel eyes the best brand for the money is umnitza Orion lite opaque. Another option for the front corners is khoalty switchback LEDs though I got the first batch and they were faulty...they light up white when driving and change to amber when signaling, kind of like the new Audi style. Um go with depo side markers from khoalty price is good. And reverse lights you should look into HIDs. I have LEDs and IMO they are not bright enough because I have tinted windows. Hoped this helped, now check out khoalty, oh and all this is personal preference btw except for the led tailights, depo and eagle eye are the best companies.