E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 02:54 PM   #1
OrientBlau

My Ride: 2003 330i
Thumbs Up CHEAP Genuine BMW OE Pads, Sensors and Rotors

I needed new pads/rotors/sensors for all four wheels and began a quest for the cheapest OE brakes online.

Here's what I found to be the cheapest option. Many vendors sell the brake service parts separately or in all-inclusive bundled kits (pads/sensor/rotors). After putting together prices from the various vendors for pads/rotors/sensors, this is what I've found. The packaged bundles are not always the cheapest option and may actually cost more than buying them separately. It seems most end up buying in piecemeal or just getting the kit which costs more. During my research, I stumbled across a little discussed package offered by BMW in certain markets called a "Value Line" service kit. The kit comes with a pair of pads and a sensor for the front or the rear and costs a lot less than buying them separately or as part of a bundled kit. By purchasing the Value Line kit and rotors separately, you will pay less than a bundled kit or by purchasing them separately.

VALUE LINE Brake Kits:
FRONT PADS/SENSOR 34112157573 - $74.37
REAR PADS/SENSOR 34212157576 - $62.13

ROTORS:
$76.07 FRONT ROTOR ($152.14)
$76.54 REAR ROTOR ($153.08)

TOTAL COST:
$226.51* (FRONT pads/rotor/sensor)
$215.21* (REAR pads/rotor/sensor)

*These prices are from www.BMWmercedesPARTS.com

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:17 PM   #2
genuity

My Ride: '1 E46
Does the vendor update the status of orders now, notify you of tracking numbers, or email you to let you know the order shipped? This is the issue I had in the past but I was not in any real hurry for my parts. I just don't want them sitting on my door step to get stolen.
genuity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
OrientBlau

Quote:
Originally Posted by genuity View Post
Does the vendor update the status of orders now, notify you of tracking numbers, or email you to let you know the order shipped? This is the issue I had in the past but I was not in any real hurry for my parts. I just don't want them sitting on my door step to get stolen.
I see you've ordered from them, too!

CHEAP prices, but shipping does take a while. Life moves slow in Nebraska, I guess. I suspect that they keep very little in inventory and order based upon orders they receive. BMW dealers receive daily shipments of parts. It takes 2 days for them to get the parts once ordered on their end from BMW. From there, they package and ship, usually FedEx Ground.

Anyway, for those looking for brake pad options, especially OE ones, this is a really good price.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #4
iansanderson

My Ride: 2001 330CiC
Value Line is great. BMW put it together to strike back at the aftermarket. Unfortunately, there are only a few chassis that participate and no M models.

Cheat Sheet:

GT1/ISIS/MoDiC = Factory authorized diagnostic system used by BMW dealerships across the world.

NCS Expert = BMW Factory R&D programming tool available on the internet (not intended for the public and not available to the dealership network)

OEM = Genuine BMW part only available from a franchised BMW dealership.

DME = Engine Management Computer
iansanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:50 AM   #5
rmodys

My Ride: 2001 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrientBlau View Post
I see you've ordered from them, too!

CHEAP prices, but shipping does take a while. Life moves slow in Nebraska, I guess. I suspect that they keep very little in inventory and order based upon orders they receive. BMW dealers receive daily shipments of parts. It takes 2 days for them to get the parts once ordered on their end from BMW. From there, they package and ship, usually FedEx Ground.

Anyway, for those looking for brake pad options, especially OE ones, this is a really good price.

I actually emailed them and asked about the status of my order. In reply to my incredibly polite "no rush needed" email, I got a *****y reply along the lines of "I get orders 24 hours a day 7 days a week and also run the parts department. Orders go on a queue and you're on the queue. I'll get to it on Friday."

A few days later, I got a shipping update... The price for shipping, that is. No tracking number or anything so who knows if I'll get this before I go on vacation or not. Either way, don't waste your time with that site if you enjoy knowing what's going on with your money. It's worth the extra money to go with Tischer.

But thanks for posting the Value Line stuff! I'm going to be needing brakes on all four wheels here very soon so this is much appreciated.
rmodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:02 AM   #6
OrientBlau

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmodys View Post
IBut thanks for posting the Value Line stuff! I'm going to be needing brakes on all four wheels here very soon so this is much appreciated.
No doubt.

Feel free to purchase from whomever. My bottom line is to get low prices, so I'm willing to endure some shipping delays. I just wanted to apprise members of this little known package. It really is a bargin if you dont have to turn your rotors. Although, I always buy new ones when I do my brakes. Makes me a happy camper!
Old 03-02-2011, 11:17 AM   #7
spencers

My Ride: 2006 330i sport
Why cheap out on value? RealBMWparts.com (BMW of Naples Florida) has each set for $225 shipped.

http://www.realbmwparts.com/partloca...catalogid=7164
Old 03-02-2011, 11:33 AM   #8
OrientBlau

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencers View Post
Why cheap out on value? RealBMWparts.com (BMW of Naples Florida) has each set for $225 shipped.

How is buying the value kit cheaping out? Its the indentical part but bundled for particular markets.

Also-
The link you provided is for the older 323/328 model - those brakes are less expensive than for the 330i. It is NOT the same comparison. The brakes are different. The newer brakes/rotors are much more. Have a look.

The Value Kit for the 323/328 is even cheaper than the 330i.

330i
Quote:
VALUE LINE Brake Kits:
FRONT PADS/SENSOR 34112157573 - $74.37
REAR PADS/SENSOR 34212157576 - $62.13
328/323
Quote:
VALUE LINE Brake Kits:
FRONT PADS/SENSOR 34112157571 - $62.11
REAR PADS/SENSOR 34212157575- $54.72

Last edited by OrientBlau; 03-02-2011 at 11:34 AM.
OrientBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:25 PM   #9
Penguin Koolaid
Banned

My Ride: Inline Six
Is the value line OE? Might keep them in mind incase I don't like the Akebono ceramic pads I bought.
Penguin Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:19 PM   #10
OrientBlau

Yep. Value line is a BMW product and costs less than the rest.

OE is all I bolt on to my car.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:45 PM   #11
Penguin Koolaid
Banned

Quote:
Yep. Value line is a BMW product and costs less than the rest.

OE is all I bolt on to my car.
Good to know. I'll keep that in mind if things go sour with my new pads. However, once properly bedded they should be perfect.

That said... I have no idea where I can bed them. I live in the city... so finding a nice stretch of road to do 6-8 60mph-10mph hard stops is going to be interesting
Old 08-31-2011, 02:56 PM   #12
OrientBlau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
That said... I have no idea where I can bed them. I live in the city... so finding a nice stretch of road to do 6-8 60mph-10mph hard stops is going to be interesting
Go out late at night when the streets/hwys are less congested. Makes it a lot easier to bed them.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:00 PM   #13
Penguin Koolaid
Banned

Quote:
Go out late at night when the streets/hwys are less congested. Makes it a lot easier to bed them.

God I hope no one rear ends me.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:23 PM   #14
OrientBlau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post

God I hope no one rear ends me.

Use your hazard lights, as well.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:45 PM   #15
taibinhvuong

My Ride: E46 99' 328i
Buy these, drilled and slotted rotors and pads, the rotors are zine coated for rust proof, the pads are ceramic and they are very low dust, the package also comes with two brake wear sensors, great rotos and pads, great price.

I have installed these on my car over a year ago, and it has been over 12k miles so far with no problem what so ever, great bite, very quiet, very low dust, no rust, rotors still looks Zine coat, shiny and smooth, totally a great buy, great performance and great looks. I'm very happy with it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Drill...item5ae1f75527
taibinhvuong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:14 PM   #16
TiAgXi

My Ride: e46xi, e46m
value line parts are not o.e. sorry. the dealer will tell you they are "genuine bmw" but that's is different than "original equipment."

That said, the reason why the dealer is willing to sell them -- and more importantly warranty them -- is because they are pretty good quality and hold up well.
TiAgXi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:18 PM   #17
wasp9166
ima touching member

My Ride: 04 330i jet black
Send a message via Yahoo to wasp9166
so much ftl here

"if polarity comes from protons, does morality come from morons?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ330 View Post
"Mommy and Daddy are getting a divorce now because wasp9166 had to piitb with Mom."
wasp9166 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, kit, pad, rotor, sensor