E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
New members check-in, introduce yourselves, and post a picture of your BMW here!

Old 03-13-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
fr0ggerrr

My Ride: 2003 M3 Coupe SMGII
Send a message via AIM to fr0ggerrr
New & proud e46 owner [My project]

Hello all,

I just came back from deployment in Afghanistan, and i needed a new daily driver. I ended up finding this little gem for just over 9k USD: 2004 325xi All options, and in excellent condition. Here is the stock car, right out of the dealership:

I am planning on dropping around 4-5k USD on this little guy. I will be doing a full tune-up this week, is there anything in particular that I need to be looking out for?

Out
fr0ggerrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:42 PM   #2
tesko.pk

My Ride: 2003 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0ggerrr View Post
I am planning on dropping around 4-5k USD on this little guy. I will be doing a full tune-up this week, is there anything in particular that I need to be looking out for?

Out
Spark plugs, oil change & oil filter, fuel filter, air filter (or a new cold air intake), cabin air filter, wiper blades.
Depending on mileage, look at replacing the entire cooling system, they're a weak point on these cars. Check the function of all your power windows, if you here any snapping/crunching noises, or if they move quite slowly, you'll need to replace the regulator(s).
XI's have some known issues, check out the XI Subforum for more info, I'm no expert. If you plan on modifying the suspension be aware that MOST parts won't work on an XI, unless they state they do.

Nice ride, enjoy it!

Last edited by tesko.pk; 03-13-2011 at 07:44 PM.
tesko.pk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:07 AM   #3
Wisco123

My Ride: 2012 325i
Good idea ping with a BMW sir

Thanks for serving!
Wisco123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:30 AM   #4
fr0ggerrr

My Ride: 2003 M3 Coupe SMGII
Send a message via AIM to fr0ggerrr
Hey thanks for the pointers, yes the regulators already wend down, i'm in the process of fixing these. Look for my thread on the e46 xi subforums

Last edited by fr0ggerrr; 03-15-2011 at 11:28 PM.
fr0ggerrr is offline   Reply With Quote