E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.73 average.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:09 AM   #961
trizzuth

My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
Let me see if I can remember all the beers I just slammed down on a one-day wester mass bender (had to go out there to see my wife's hippy crunchy doctor, so we spent the night and did a sort of "bar tour"..

Sunday: Went to the Toasted Owl, got the fresh seat right by the window, had 2 pints of Berkshire Cabin Fever:

checked into the Hotel, and put back the 22 I had been saving, BEER OF GODS, Souther Tier Chokolat:

Went back out and hit up the Northampton Brewery for a drink, Had one of their own brews called "Maggie's wee Heavy" good stuff, like 8+% alc, no pic, but description:
Maggie's Wee Heavy: A wee heavy style Scotch ale with a rich, robust, malty pallet. Full strength, full bodied and full of flavor! Available in 12oz and 8oz sizes only: 8% ABV

Then went for dinner at the Sierra Grille and did a Tapas style app fest and had some Monk's Blood, F'n good!:
http://www.21st-amendment.com/beer/monks-blood

Then had another pint of Berkshire Cabin Fever, went back to the hotel, had a Sierra Nevada Pale ale, and that was about it for me..

Then yesterday, of course I had to stop at Whole Foods on my way back home, to get a Growler of People's Pint Pied pIPA (one of my most favorite IPA's), and a smaller bottle in gorgeous blue glass of of Old Burnside Ten Penny Ale Reserve 9+% alc! Had this last night, it was so smoooth...

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/823/36192

K, I am done now.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:24 AM   #962
trizzuth

OK, so finally did it.. we have two liquor stores in my area, both are the same store, just different location. So yesterday I go to pick up my kids from the in-laws house and stop at the packy on the way, and what do I see there? ...

So I did it times 2. And I have to say JJR, I'm normally a big IPA guy, but I do love a nice Heffe in the spring, and have been a huge long time fan of Hoegaarden, but this, THIS IS SOMETHING SPECIAL! F'n nice Heffe for sure!!! I dig the price too, only like $3 and some change for a big bottle.. nice advice! now take mine and get some Berkshire Coffeehouse Porter!

I also picked up a sixer of this:

One of my long time fav's, interestingly enough, which they have only at this store i went to, not the other one. I've had this on draft in Maine and got FFFF'd up, it's really really good, but malty a bit..

And a 22 of this, which I haven't tried yet, but am excited! still no Hoptimum anywhere near me..

Last edited by trizzuth; 03-11-2011 at 10:26 AM.
trizzuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:27 AM   #963
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.5
Hoptical Illusion has a great flavor

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:33 AM   #964
trizzuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
Hoptical Illusion has a great flavor
yeah that was pretty smooth going down last night, good stuff!
Old 03-11-2011, 10:36 AM   #965
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
haaaa triz... glad you enjoyed it my friend

i'll definitely get that berkshire... for some reason i want to say that i have tried it before, but if i can't distinctly remember, well then... i'll just have to give it a 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th and 7th opinion

Hoptimum mmmmmmm i think i'm going to head to Julian's and see if they still have it on tap.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:46 AM   #966
trizzuth

OK JJ, here comes your skooling:

Decided to try something different from your favorite Heffe maker, so I got this:

same $3.49 as the regular Heffe, but 7.7% alc! Best way possible for me to describe this is like a double-heffeweiss. Flavor is very much like a heffe, only stronger because of the alcohol. Yummy, gotta try this if you can find it!

Also picked up a bottle of something I cannot remember the name of, but it was on sale and looks FRESH. Will have to post a pic when I can remember what it was!

Oh yeah, I also just had a 12 pack of this over the weekend, pretty smooth, and I would 100% agree this this is a session beer. Love the red stripe size bottles, and it just goes down so easy and smooth, but is very flavorful, not like your american crap ass lagers (aka bud, etc).

Old 03-17-2011, 08:02 AM   #967
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
Picked up some suds for St Patties Day.

Also got DFH Aprihop which I consumed last night.

Nothing but good things to say about Aprihop. The color, aroma and unmistakable DFH-IPA hoppiness.... all perfection.

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:37 AM   #968
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
three philosophers .

on a side note if you guys enjoy weihenstephaner you should definitely try , if you haven't already , Erdinger Hefeweizen. i guarantee you won't be dissapointed.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:41 AM   #969
trizzuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeski3d View Post
Picked up some suds for St Patties Day.

Also got DFH Aprihop which I consumed last night.

Nothing but good things to say about Aprihop. The color, aroma and unmistakable DFH-IPA hoppiness.... all perfection.
Damn! I was THIS close to getting a 4 pack of that last night.. should have. now I know and will def get it next time i am there, sounds like such a nice spring beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
three philosophers .

on a side note if you guys enjoy weihenstephaner you should definitely try , if you haven't already , Erdinger Hefeweizen. i guarantee you won't be dissapointed.
MMM, Erdinger and Paulaner are both YUM.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:07 AM   #970
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
OK JJ, here comes your skooling:

Decided to try something different from your favorite Heffe maker, so I got this:

same $3.49 as the regular Heffe, but 7.7% alc! Best way possible for me to describe this is like a double-heffeweiss. Flavor is very much like a heffe, only stronger because of the alcohol. Yummy, gotta try this if you can find it!

Also picked up a bottle of something I cannot remember the name of, but it was on sale and looks FRESH. Will have to post a pic when I can remember what it was!

Oh yeah, I also just had a 12 pack of this over the weekend, pretty smooth, and I would 100% agree this this is a session beer. Love the red stripe size bottles, and it just goes down so easy and smooth, but is very flavorful, not like your american crap ass lagers (aka bud, etc).

wow i have never seen that wiehenstephaner before... i'll be keeping an eye out for it tonight. funny you found that, i've actually been drinking a lot more stronger beers so there have been times that i skipped this beer because it is only what... 5.3? 7.7 is right up my alley, thanks bud nom nom nom nom
Old 03-17-2011, 09:50 AM   #971
speedcrazy1532

My Ride: is over

Had this yesterday with some Indian Cuisine. Has a hoppy taste with that nice sweet finish. It's about 10 bucks for a bottle but certainly worth it. Dogfish Brewery. 9% ABV

Had this one on tap, nice finish. I expected more hops but it was still extremely enjoyable and definitely tasty. Be great with a cheesesteak; but then again what IPA wouldn't? Founders Brewery, 9.4% ABV

Mojo Risin' a double IPA but didn't really impress me. I expected something really tasty from this one and instead ended up looking for something to define it. It's rather mediocre, but at 10.5% ABV the character I most took from it was that it was potent.

-Phil
speedcrazy1532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:07 AM   #972
Top_Bunk

My Ride: Ram-Air Nylon
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcrazy1532 View Post

Double Trouble (and everything from Founders) is fantastic. I did a head-to-head tasting the other night of Double Trouble and Hopslam... Double Trouble won hands-down.
Top_Bunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:08 PM   #973
trizzuth

mmmmmm Founders! I heart Founder's breakfast stout, and dirty bastard, sooooooo good!

and JJ, not only was there that Vitus, they had 2 others as well! a *get this* BLACK heffeweizen, and something called a "Fest Beer" probs from october or something... might try both! you've peaked my interest again into trying some belgians.. but i think it's just because they make me think of spring, and taste spring-y.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:04 PM   #974
///MTruck

My Ride: 2013 6MT Audi A4
Here is my small pick up for today.

Can't wait to crack open the Ten Fidy!

Old 03-17-2011, 08:50 PM   #975
cowmoo32
drunken science

My Ride: Trek 1.5
Just ordered tickets for myself and bunch of friends to the World Beer Festival in Raleigh Last year was the first time I missed in 3 years because it sold out

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:04 PM   #976
mrbrandongrant

My Ride: 04 alp-white 330
im drinking troegenator double bock right now..... 8.2%......delicious.
mrbrandongrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:43 PM   #977
MATT0404

My Ride: F800GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
Just ordered tickets for myself and bunch of friends to the World Beer Festival in Raleigh Last year was the first time I missed in 3 years because it sold out
Enjoy, cowmoo32!

Some good scores on this page! I haven't had anything from Founders that I've been disappointed in. My local beer store just had a release party for their Kentucky Breakfast Stout, and I unfortunately missed out.

I picked up a few bottles of the DFH Squall IPA and enjoyed it. A bit smoother than the typical bottle of 90 min.

Has anyone had Great Lakes' Nosferatu? I picked up a leftover case from a local distributor a couple weeks ago. Very enjoyable.
MATT0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:44 PM   #978
MATT0404

My Ride: F800GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MTruck View Post
Here is my small pick up for today.

Can't wait to crack open the Ten Fidy!

Oh, and enjoy the Ten Fidy! Remember to pour and consume it a little closer to room temp. Don't pour it directly out of the refrigerator.
MATT0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:26 PM   #979
///MTruck

My Ride: 2013 6MT Audi A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATT0404 View Post
Oh, and enjoy the Ten Fidy! Remember to pour and consume it a little closer to room temp. Don't pour it directly out of the refrigerator.
That's what I was reading on BA. What temp do you think it's best at, assuming you've had it.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:26 PM   #980
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
Went to get my wedding album done finally and stopped by one of my favorite restaurants , Zum Stammtisch. They had weihenstephan dark Weiss on tap. My wife reaaaaaalllly enjoyed it. This place makes the best jeagerschnitzel ever if anybody in the area is interested. Oh and they have warsteiner among other great classics on tap so you can't go wrong. Oh and their steak tartar is afvckingmazing. Highly recommend it.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote