E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking

Suspension & Braking
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
rbaisa

My Ride: 2004 330i
If I buy this shock spring package what else do I need?

Hello all! My car has about 80k miles on it and I have been gradually replacing parts. It's a 2004 ZHP. I replaced the control arms and front bushings yesterday and I figure it is time to get some new shocks and springs before I invest in some new tires and have the front end aligned. If I get the following package, what else do I need to complete the job in terms of parts? Thanks in advance.

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-36...uspension.aspx
rbaisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:51 PM   #2
GA-e46

My Ride: 2001 325i
You won't per se need any other parts to complete that job. But while you are it at you might as well get a set of Rear Shock Mounts with reinforcement plates, while you are installing the rear shocks. Shock Mounts mushrooming is a common problem.

Edit: http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330...unt/ES2075240/

This is what I am talking about. If you really want to cover every base then I would also suggest front Tie Rods and Sway Bar Endlinks also.

Last edited by GA-e46; 03-15-2011 at 03:56 PM.
GA-e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:08 PM   #3
rbaisa

My Ride: 2004 330i
Thank you, that is the info I was looking for.
rbaisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
FAST_RED_M3

My Ride: 02 BMW M3, 04 SRT-4
Send a message via AIM to FAST_RED_M3 Send a message via MSN to FAST_RED_M3 Send a message via Yahoo to FAST_RED_M3
I'm still a newbie with the M3 and wanted to know if a Rear Upper Shock Mounting Kit can be used if installing coilovers rather than springs and shocks?

Thanks!
FAST_RED_M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #5
GA-e46

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAST_RED_M3 View Post
I'm still a newbie with the M3 and wanted to know if a Rear Upper Shock Mounting Kit can be used if installing coilovers rather than springs and shocks?

Thanks!
I don't have any experience with coil overs but I believe so. I'm sure other members with coil overs will chime in.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:01 PM   #6
ryanwhite74115

My Ride: 2011 Hyundai Sonata
What about bump stops and shock boots...all that crap...do they come with the shocks...they didn't with my KYB's (for my Jetta).
ryanwhite74115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:45 AM   #7
GA-e46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwhite74115 View Post
What about bump stops and shock boots...all that crap...do they come with the shocks...they didn't with my KYB's (for my Jetta).
You kind of just answered your own question. I know bump stops do not. You have to buy them separately. But as for the boots I'm not sure, but I dont think so.