E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 02:14 PM   #41
deadwood83

My Ride: has an iron lung
Send a message via MSN to deadwood83
EDIT:
Nevermind, I was trying to do it through the front USB instead of the rear DVD USB. My bad!

Has anybody had any trouble updating the firmware? Here's what I've done:
I reformat the USB stick to FAT
Put the first file (zh_mcu.bin) in the (now empty) USB stick
Hold left knob on Dynavin until screen goes black
Plug in USB stick and wait

The unit then says it's reading the USB stick, switches to the USB screen, then comes up with:
"
STOP
NO SUPPORT FILE
"
and reverts to the blue Dynavin boot screen.

The same thing happens with the other file.

Last edited by deadwood83; 12-03-2010 at 03:17 PM.
deadwood83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:05 AM   #42
moen92

My Ride: 520IA E39
Totaled my unit?

Hi!
I downloaded this update, to update my dynavin E39 V5. I had running with an old 12 V transformator, because my car was at the workshop. But when I pluged in the usb-stick to update my unit, I got a powerloose. And no my unit is complete dead, whatever I do it is just dead, black screen, no sound, no background lights. Have I completed ****ed it up? Or is it any hope??

Ola
moen92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:43 PM   #43
ketchup

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by moen92 View Post
Hi!
I downloaded this update, to update my dynavin E39 V5. I had running with an old 12 V transformator, because my car was at the workshop. But when I pluged in the usb-stick to update my unit, I got a powerloose. And no my unit is complete dead, whatever I do it is just dead, black screen, no sound, no background lights. Have I completed ****ed it up? Or is it any hope??

Ola
Let's hope it's just your old 12v transformer that kicked the bucket.

Last edited by ketchup; 12-14-2010 at 05:16 PM.
ketchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:04 PM   #44
moen92

My Ride: 520IA E39
Yeah

That was my hope too, so when I got my car back, I installed the dynavin, but still just the same. All dead, does anybody knows if this is a "known" problem? Or am I the first idiot??
moen92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:59 PM   #45
x Spades x

My Ride: TIAG '06 330ci ZHP
Not to thread jack but I am interested in the DVN v5. I also saw a CD changer for sale... so does the DVN v5 work with the BMW 6 disk CD changer?

Thanks!
x Spades x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #46
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by x Spades x View Post
Not to thread jack but I am interested in the DVN v5. I also saw a CD changer for sale... so does the DVN v5 work with the BMW 6 disk CD changer?

Thanks!
No, you'll lose the use of the CD changer with the Dynavin
Old 12-14-2010, 05:15 PM   #47
ketchup

My Ride: E46 M3
would love custom splash screens.

Last edited by ketchup; 12-14-2010 at 05:17 PM.
ketchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:16 PM   #48
Flybot

My Ride: E39 528
Sounds like the bench power was a tad high.
Flybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:33 PM   #49
cecplex

My Ride: 2003 325i
Does this new update fix the problem when you are listening to Bluetooth Music and as soon as you switch to Navi, the Audio switches to the radio? That is the most frustrating thing about my dynavin right now.
cecplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:16 PM   #50
BMW Loe

My Ride: is dirty
I just updated my firmware.

I lost the ability to seek through tracks fwd or back when I'm in NAV mode now using my ipod or CD as a music source. If the source is radio, the seek button will work while in NAV mode. I'm not liking the new firmware and regret doing it. Is there anyway to go backwards?
03 330Ci sold
BMW Loe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:14 AM   #51
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Loe View Post

I lost the ability to seek through tracks fwd or back when I'm in NAV mode now using my ipod or CD as a music source. If the source is radio, the seek button will work while in NAV mode. I'm not liking the new firmware and regret doing it. Is there anyway to go backwards?
Unfortunately that's how it is with that firmware, perhaps check with your supplier if they have a copy of the original firmware so you could flash it back.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:21 AM   #52
Darkoz

Quote:

Here's the original V5 firmware .......http://dynavin.freeforums.org/download/file.php?id=228

Found it posted over at the Dynavin.Free Forums
http://dynavin.freeforums.org/old-firmware-v5-t528.html

Last edited by Darkoz; 03-20-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:15 AM   #53
BMW Loe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
Here's the original V5 firmware .......http://dynavin.freeforums.org/download/file.php?id=228

Found it posted over at the Dynavin.Free Forums
http://dynavin.freeforums.org/old-firmware-v5-t528.html
Thanks.

When I read through the thread, I found the link as well. Now everytime I get a blue DVD menu when I play CD's and the controls still don't work while in NAV mode still. I'll have to ask Jeff if he can obtain the original firmware. I have since updated to the most current firmware. If I can't get the original firmware, I guess I'll have to live with it until Dynavin releases a fix.
03 330Ci sold
Old 03-20-2011, 07:48 AM   #54
Darkoz

Quote:
Thanks.

When I read through the thread, I found the link as well. Now everytime I get a blue DVD menu when I play CD's and the controls still don't work while in NAV mode still. I'll have to ask Jeff if he can obtain the original firmware. I have since updated to the most current firmware. If I can't get the original firmware, I guess I'll have to live with it until Dynavin releases a fix.
I've already posted a download link for the original firmware in my previous post

Oh OK just read your post in the Dynavin Free Forum, so you're saying that firmware is different to the one that came with your unit?
Perhaps douible check and make sure you flashed it back properly

Last edited by Darkoz; 03-20-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:17 PM   #55
BMW Loe

reflashed it twice, still not working like how it came in the box. I'll have to contact Jeff tomorrow when he's back in business.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:17 PM   #56
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
ive been watching your misadventures......I think I have the other firmware on my work computer but I will want to test it first to see what it does....

send me an email tomorrow to remind me.....

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:35 AM   #57
fadeaway

My Ride: 04 330Ci
I've been in touch with Jeff via email about this as well. Hopefully we can get this worked out!!

Just to let people know, this appears to affect the function of the controls for USB as well.

BTW, more props to Jeff. He is teh zomg awesomeness as far as customer service is concerned.
fadeaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:15 AM   #58
monochrom3

My Ride: e46 M3
Can you guys tell me the latest firmware file names? I did an update late last year, but steering controls still don't work with iPod interface, so I'm guessing I don't have the latest files.
monochrom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:02 AM   #59
1024m3

My Ride: 04 M3
Whats the title of the latest update and how big should it be? I have zh_mcu.bin 96KB. I was looking for the March update and wonder why it wont take this one?
I put the file on a formatted 32 thumb drive and then the Dynavin turns on but reads no file.
Thanks
02 X5 sold
08 X5 4.8
04 M3
98 Taurus Beater
1024m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:30 AM   #60
lonestarlogan

My Ride: 2001 325i
Hey all, the Dynavin unit I purchased from a member appears to have been manufactured in June 2011. This update was put out in 10/2010 - is it still alright to run - the release date and manufacture date has me a little concerned? The headunit I have doesn't have the BMW start screen and I can't use the IPod controls on the steering wheel other than to adjust volume when the IPod is selected.

2001 BMW 325i sedan
lonestarlogan is offline   Reply With Quote