E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 12:07 AM   #41
Aioros_M_class

My Ride: 04 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fayraree View Post
lol wow I thought this was a joke at first. was a bit offended to see such a sacrilegious picture.

you should check out these places:

http://www.bmw.com.gt/gt/es/general/...w_pradera.html

http://www.bmw.com.gt/gt/es/general/...ia_zona_9.html

http://www.bmw.com.ni/ni/es/general/...w/managua.html

gluck!
yeah we have the dealer here in Honduras but they dont sell the m3 e46 or the newer m3īs and even if they sell parts for the m3 i think it would cost like four times more here that in the states but really thanks for the links i guess i have to stick with importing the parts
Aioros_M_class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:10 AM   #42
Aioros_M_class

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyfunk View Post
You misunderstood, I don't mean take a plasma cutter and cut them and reweld, i mean, if you find a car that's been hit in the rear, all the front end is good, all the parts on the second wrecked car that was hit in the back have all the good front-end parts that you need on the other car.
lol i thought that because i have seen some shows over the tv cutting a car in half and putting the other half back together, but yeah you are right
Old 01-06-2011, 12:14 AM   #43
95seriesbmw

My Ride: BMW X5, BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aioros_M_class View Post
thanks man, maybe you can help me, giving me some advice with some stereo things cause the F"#$!# in port stole all the speakers in the car so im with out any music for now so maybe you can help me buying some stuff over the internet
Yikes that prob means they tore up the doorpanels and stuff, cuz i doubt they took the time to do it gently if they were stealing them. You got a few pics of the inside and do you still have the CD player? At least you can take this opportunity to do upgraded speakers...unless you just want the oems. Not sure if all the companies Im used to will ship to honduras tho. shipping may kill you on price.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:14 AM   #44
fayraree

My Ride: 04 M3 vert
why don't you take the car to the BMW body shop in Honduras or neighboring countries to get an estimate; when they write up the list of parts, just order them yourself.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:15 AM   #45
olsnslo

My Ride: 2001 E46 M3
aioroa m, class, are there any auto repair schools in Honduras?, maybe body repair?, I think the first thing you should is buy a Bently repair manual and start reading. remove all the damaged parts, make a list of the parts you are going to need and start gathering them up. This is going to be a long and costly project but if you keep at it long enough and don't get discouraged it can be done. Make sure the engine is basically sound before you buy anything. Hey, its your dream so don't let anybody spoil it for you, just make sure the car is repairable before you start throwing money at it. Good luck.
olsnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:25 AM   #46
fayraree

My Ride: 04 M3 vert
ps. i think the subframe might be cracked, but the good news is that it's covered under warranty,
Old 01-07-2011, 10:32 AM   #47
BadzMaru

My Ride: M3 Convertible
Send a message via MSN to BadzMaru
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyfunk View Post
But an e46 that was annihilated in the back, you have two good halves just make them one.
This is the most sensible answer... I would check the structre of the car to make sure its roadworthy before you do anything. If its not roadworthy, strip it and sell as parts... If its roadworthy check the engine is ok and then start swaping the parts from the other car. At least then you konw all the parts you need will be on the second car and you know you won't need to spend any more money on parts, so you shouldn't need to go exporting any parts... Your problem would be to find a rear Damaged M3 in your country...
BadzMaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #48
Aioros_M_class

ok people i tier up all the parts that i dont need so here are some pics

Old 01-08-2011, 04:25 PM   #49
Aioros_M_class

well the prices are the followingg:
labour $300
mechanical parts $1627
XD what dou you think cheap or not
Old 01-09-2011, 12:54 AM   #50
sexc_s2000
Banned

My Ride: Honda S2000
If you want experience in repaired vehicles, I am the guy to talk to..... Us Lebanese in Australia dominate the car business..... My cousin jus bought a damaged M3 with literally the exact same damage.... He paid for it 17 grand, in Australia that is peanuts for an M3.... And it's in exc condition inside... He bought all the parts from the Us for 5k including delivery and he still needs a few stuff such as the steering pump an a few plastics... But i don know your situation in your country, but if yiu know the rite panel beater, painter and mechanic you should be rite... Trust me on this put some time and money and you will be fine
sexc_s2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:06 AM   #51
Aioros_M_class

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexc_s2000 View Post
If you want experience in repaired vehicles, I am the guy to talk to..... Us Lebanese in Australia dominate the car business..... My cousin jus bought a damaged M3 with literally the exact same damage.... He paid for it 17 grand, in Australia that is peanuts for an M3.... And it's in exc condition inside... He bought all the parts from the Us for 5k including delivery and he still needs a few stuff such as the steering pump an a few plastics... But i don know your situation in your country, but if yiu know the rite panel beater, painter and mechanic you should be rite... Trust me on this put some time and money and you will be fine
damn 17k for a m3, i can save that kind of money like in 3 years straight with a tight budget that i barely can survive here in my country, but where did he bought the parts i find it i little bit expensive, i ordered some parts and it cost me like 1700 a little bit cheap but i found a page with free shipping with orders over 50 bucks but heck your cousin should upload some pics, with the subject about the situation of my country in here the parts are a little bit high priced the owners a lot of times want to have winnings over the part like 150% or more so its not cheap but in the other hand labour is a bless of God like i said before there are going to charge me for that like 300 bucks thats a bang in your pocket. thanks man and good luck for your cousing, upload some pics to see his car
Old 01-09-2011, 10:54 AM   #52
RAFF112

My Ride: 325ci M3 cbr 600rr
Quote:
damn 17k for a m3, i can save that kind of money like in 3 years straight with a tight budget that i barely can survive here in my country, but where did he bought the parts i find it i little bit expensive, i ordered some parts and it cost me like 1700 a little bit cheap but i found a page with free shipping with orders over 50 bucks but heck your cousin should upload some pics, with the subject about the situation of my country in here the parts are a little bit high priced the owners a lot of times want to have winnings over the part like 150% or more so its not cheap but in the other hand labour is a bless of God like i said before there are going to charge me for that like 300 bucks thats a bang in your pocket. thanks man and good luck for your cousing, upload some pics to see his car
Have you ever heard of a period?

VCSL Front 18/13 Spacers Full Borla V2 K&N drop-in w/custom tube LED Interior air horn BMW performance shift Knob Seibon Hood LED DRL Dynavin Depo corners RE rear camber arms and Vogtland Springs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusa55 View Post
I used to think love exists. Turns out it's a manifestation of insecurities and boredom.
RAFF112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:36 PM   #53
sexc_s2000
Banned

My Ride: Honda S2000
Quote:

yup in Australia cars go for buzurk prices compared to US etc etc...... howeverhe had to get the whole cut as the whole chasi rale was bent and it needed to be cut !

and delivery to Australia would have coast around the same as the actual parts if not double !

and ill post some pics of it, hes nearly done ! he just needs to put the car back together and that's that and get a few more parts such as the pullys and belts
sexc_s2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:59 PM   #54
grkm3

My Ride: Money Pit
Send a message via AIM to grkm3
http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...97&hg=41&fg=10

Coming Soon: Open to suggestions

grkm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:15 AM   #55
Aioros_M_class

Quote:
Originally Posted by grkm3 View Post
thanks a lot man, with that the labour goes down. (period thanks for the reminder. period
Old 03-30-2011, 01:46 AM   #56
808elise

My Ride: OG E46 M3/AW E46 M3
Too bad you do not live further to the south. I go to Bolivia about once a year and could have brought some of the smaller parts. Good luck. I was going to joke it up a little in the other forum where you ask about painting carbon fibre but I thought I better take a look at some of your other posts. Do not waste your money on CF if your tight on cash. My honest opinion is that you should chase the cash first and then let your dream find you with ease. All the same I dont want to go into this stuff. Good luck and congratulations on the start of your project. I am excited to see how everything turns out. Do you know how to do body work? If so I would think about ordering your body parts from china. They will be low quality and require work. But shipping will be better and your labor rates seem low so even if you cant do it yourself you can still save money on having them reworked when they arrive. Try revo zport or something like that. They are based out of hong kong.
808elise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:57 AM   #57
Aioros_M_class

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808elise View Post
Too bad you do not live further to the south. I go to Bolivia about once a year and could have brought some of the smaller parts. Good luck. I was going to joke it up a little in the other forum where you ask about painting carbon fibre but I thought I better take a look at some of your other posts. Do not waste your money on CF if your tight on cash. My honest opinion is that you should chase the cash first and then let your dream find you with ease. All the same I dont want to go into this stuff. Good luck and congratulations on the start of your project. I am excited to see how everything turns out. Do you know how to do body work? If so I would think about ordering your body parts from china. They will be low quality and require work. But shipping will be better and your labor rates seem low so even if you cant do it yourself you can still save money on having them reworked when they arrive. Try revo zport or something like that. They are based out of hong kong.
Thanks for your reply man, but I just finished with the mechanical parts, I just bought the engine and the gtr CF hood, so im just waiting the parts to arrive to my country, next thing is paint job so im almost finished, so i think the car would be ready in a month, then i would upload some vids and pics of my dream car thanks buddy for the links XD
Old 03-30-2011, 10:57 AM   #58
bombguy

My Ride: 2004 M3
Quote:
Thanks for your reply man, but I just finished with the mechanical parts, I just bought the engine and the gtr CF hood, so im just waiting the parts to arrive to my country, next thing is paint job so im almost finished, so i think the car would be ready in a month, then i would upload some vids and pics of my dream car thanks buddy for the links XD
So, you've already started fixing this thing? Did you get the frame and engine inspected by a BMW tech? That frame looked pretty rough in those pics...and there is a ton of damage that you didn't take a photo of. Anyways, I'm interested to see how this goes. Keep posting pics of the repair process!

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp
bombguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:02 AM   #59
808elise

My Ride: OG E46 M3/AW E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombguy View Post
So, you've already started fixing this thing? Did you get the frame and engine inspected by a BMW tech? That frame looked pretty rough in those pics...and there is a ton of damage that you didn't take a photo of. Anyways, I'm interested to see how this goes. Keep posting pics of the repair process!

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp
I am guessing you have never been to a third world country. Especially one the size he is from. I know Bolivia very recently built one in there capital city. I would not compare Bolivia's M knowledge to that of a U.S. tech. Think about trying to find a good tech in Bum F*&%, North Dakota and then keep in mind that he is alot closer to a good tech than these guys. The Bolivian dealership THOUGHT that there may be 5 M's in the entire country. I am guessing there are fewer in Honduras.

Anyhow, good hearing that this has come so far. I am excited to see the final product. This is some strong determination.
808elise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:50 AM   #60
Aioros_M_class

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808elise View Post
I am guessing you have never been to a third world country. Especially one the size he is from. I know Bolivia very recently built one in there capital city. I would not compare Bolivia's M knowledge to that of a U.S. tech. Think about trying to find a good tech in Bum F*&%, North Dakota and then keep in mind that he is alot closer to a good tech than these guys. The Bolivian dealership THOUGHT that there may be 5 M's in the entire country. I am guessing there are fewer in Honduras.

Anyhow, good hearing that this has come so far. I am excited to see the final product. This is some strong determination.
yeap you are 150% right, I think there are only 6 M 3`s in my country so mine is number six and you dont see this car every day rolling in the streets, so is a little bit harder to find in here a good mechanic but i just recently find one that works with the other M3`s so I will keep you post it with the final product hahaha take care man

Tags
advise, e46, parts, repair