E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
AR AL GA FL KY LA MS NC SC TN

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 06:56 AM   #141
NightRaider93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: University of Kentucky
Posts: 1,315
My Ride: 2007 Z4 Coupe
That's too long of a drive. Im waiting until IA.
__________________
-Spencer

NightRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:55 AM   #142
BimmerFerret
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cardinal Country, KY
Posts: 1,882
My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
Just cranked a sh1t ton of money on the 3-Series. Most I've ever spent in one sitting.

Koni struts/shocks
Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires
(boring all-seasons - http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....e&autoModClar=)
KYB strut/shock mounts
Front right turn signal bulb housing thingy


I decided not to lower the car. The mileage is too high IMO, and honestly I plan on bailing on it when it hits 180k+. So I really don't want to bother with losing money on mods until my next car.

I will be interested to see how the Koni's feel though!
__________________
2008 Infiniti G37S - Big Brakes, Limited Slip, etc.
2007 Sky Redline
1998 Honda Civic EX Sedan


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.

Last edited by BimmerFerret; 03-31-2011 at 06:58 AM.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:18 PM   #143
srlehmkuhl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 182
My Ride: 2004 LSB M3 convert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRaider93 View Post
That's too long of a drive. Im waiting until IA.
Weak We are rolling with a caravan of 20+ cars Friday
__________________
srlehmkuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:18 PM   #144
srlehmkuhl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 182
My Ride: 2004 LSB M3 convert.
What the hell is IA?
__________________
srlehmkuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:56 PM   #145
NightRaider93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: University of Kentucky
Posts: 1,315
My Ride: 2007 Z4 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by srlehmkuhl View Post
Weak We are rolling with a caravan of 20+ cars Friday
Eh itll be ok. There's one every year. IA = Import Alliance
__________________
-Spencer

NightRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:41 PM   #146
ice2003
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 126
My Ride: 02 330ci ZSP,ZPP,ZCW
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CiJohn View Post
Just cranked a sh1t ton of money on the 3-Series. Most I've ever spent in one sitting.

Koni struts/shocks
Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires
(boring all-seasons - http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....e&autoModClar=)
KYB strut/shock mounts
Front right turn signal bulb housing thingy


I decided not to lower the car. The mileage is too high IMO, and honestly I plan on bailing on it when it hits 180k+. So I really don't want to bother with losing money on mods until my next car.

I will be interested to see how the Koni's feel though!

Nice! Where'd you get the turn signal housing? Link?
ice2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:57 PM   #147
BimmerFerret
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cardinal Country, KY
Posts: 1,882
My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
I just got it from the BMW dealer. BavAuto sells them for $10 or so before shipping.
__________________
2008 Infiniti G37S - Big Brakes, Limited Slip, etc.
2007 Sky Redline
1998 Honda Civic EX Sedan


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:59 PM   #148
ice2003
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 126
My Ride: 02 330ci ZSP,ZPP,ZCW
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CiJohn View Post
I just got it from the BMW dealer. BavAuto sells them for $10 or so before shipping.
I need the piece that is on the car, that actually plugs into that thing. Lost it in the wreck.
ice2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:27 PM   #149
BimmerFerret
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cardinal Country, KY
Posts: 1,882
My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
Yeah, that is what I'm talking about. This thing:

__________________
2008 Infiniti G37S - Big Brakes, Limited Slip, etc.
2007 Sky Redline
1998 Honda Civic EX Sedan


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:45 PM   #150
ice2003
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 126
My Ride: 02 330ci ZSP,ZPP,ZCW
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CiJohn View Post
Yeah, that is what I'm talking about. This thing:

lol, I need the plug that goes INTO this housing.
ice2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 03:07 AM   #151
NKYe46xi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northern Kentucky
Posts: 25
My Ride: 2002 BMW 325xi
New Kentucky BMW guy here. Bought a 2002 325xi about a week ago. I am absolutely in love. Been in the 4x4/Rock crawling world the last few years and now life has turned around and I wanted something new, so why not BMW? I am up in the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area. Buying mostly maintenance parts right now just to prevent any of the stuff that is prone to failure (ie, entire cooling system replacement, general tune up - oil, filters, spark plugs, bla bla) and then also bought some goodies (clear corners and side markers, bought a set of OEM Bi-Xenon lights that I am going to install along with some Angel Eyes, M Shift knob, and some other little stuff). Should be fun to work on the car and hopefully I can come out to one of the meet-n-greets soon and meet some local people.

Forum is so full of information, I'm very impressed. Glad to be here!

-Brad
NKYe46xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:47 AM   #152
NightRaider93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: University of Kentucky
Posts: 1,315
My Ride: 2007 Z4 Coupe
Welcome! Need any help?
__________________
-Spencer

NightRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:51 AM   #153
BimmerFerret
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cardinal Country, KY
Posts: 1,882
My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice2003 View Post
lol, I need the plug that goes INTO this housing.
Oh okay. Sorry. This fix did correct my bulb issue...for now. BMW was nice enough to give me a free bulb as well. I thought that was cool of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKYe46xi View Post
New Kentucky BMW guy here. Bought a 2002 325xi about a week ago. I am absolutely in love. Been in the 4x4/Rock crawling world the last few years and now life has turned around and I wanted something new, so why not BMW? I am up in the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area. Buying mostly maintenance parts right now just to prevent any of the stuff that is prone to failure (ie, entire cooling system replacement, general tune up - oil, filters, spark plugs, bla bla) and then also bought some goodies (clear corners and side markers, bought a set of OEM Bi-Xenon lights that I am going to install along with some Angel Eyes, M Shift knob, and some other little stuff). Should be fun to work on the car and hopefully I can come out to one of the meet-n-greets soon and meet some local people.

Forum is so full of information, I'm very impressed. Glad to be here!

-Brad
Welcome to the forum! Good to see you are a DIY'er. Its gonna save you a LOT of money.
__________________
2008 Infiniti G37S - Big Brakes, Limited Slip, etc.
2007 Sky Redline
1998 Honda Civic EX Sedan


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:46 PM   #154
NKYe46xi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northern Kentucky
Posts: 25
My Ride: 2002 BMW 325xi
Yeah I have always done stuff myself, so this should be fun. I should be alright doing what I have planned, but I am looking for an independent shop or two just to have as a reference for when/if I need work done. Anyone know of any good ones in the state (preferably NKY, Lexington or L-Ville area)? Also, any meet-n-greet type of events or anything coming up soon? The car is pretty much stock right now, but it would be nice to meet up and meet some new people.

Last edited by NKYe46xi; 04-01-2011 at 10:01 PM.
NKYe46xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:14 AM   #155
BimmerFerret
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cardinal Country, KY
Posts: 1,882
My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
Well every second Sunday of the month (schedule was just changed to this) there is a BMW meet at Shay's (I think that is how you spell it) Mongolian Grill off of Warnock Ave. It literally is right off I-65 by the U of L campus.
__________________
2008 Infiniti G37S - Big Brakes, Limited Slip, etc.
2007 Sky Redline
1998 Honda Civic EX Sedan


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:38 PM   #156
vamusclebuilder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Louisville, KY & Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 55
My Ride: 93' 325iS & 00 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NKYe46xi View Post
Also, any meet-n-greet type of events or anything coming up soon? The car is pretty much stock right now, but it would be nice to meet up and meet some new people.
Cars and Coffee is this Saturday, i'll be going to this one since I missed the last one.
vamusclebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:49 PM   #157
BimmerFerret
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cardinal Country, KY
Posts: 1,882
My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
There is a BMW meet this Sunday as well.

Here is the location of the meet THIS SUNDAY:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...h&z=15&iwloc=A

I will not be there because I'll be out of town. HOWEVER, I will be there next month
__________________
2008 Infiniti G37S - Big Brakes, Limited Slip, etc.
2007 Sky Redline
1998 Honda Civic EX Sedan


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #158
BimmerFerret
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cardinal Country, KY
Posts: 1,882
My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...5187087&ref=ts

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1392864
__________________
2008 Infiniti G37S - Big Brakes, Limited Slip, etc.
2007 Sky Redline
1998 Honda Civic EX Sedan


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:03 PM   #159
NKYe46xi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northern Kentucky
Posts: 25
My Ride: 2002 BMW 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CiJohn View Post
There is a BMW meet this Sunday as well.

Here is the location of the meet THIS SUNDAY:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...h&z=15&iwloc=A

I will not be there because I'll be out of town. HOWEVER, I will be there next month
What time is the meet on sunday?
__________________
2007 FJ Cruiser

BMW-less
NKYe46xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:10 AM   #160
BimmerFerret
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cardinal Country, KY
Posts: 1,882
My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
Should be @ 3:00 PM
__________________
2008 Infiniti G37S - Big Brakes, Limited Slip, etc.
2007 Sky Redline
1998 Honda Civic EX Sedan


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use