E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Australia

Australia
Check out other E46Fanatics members rides in the Enthusist Directory!

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.30 average.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #3461
DIMSIM

My Ride: BLVD 3i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Don't know who he is, but saw him at the meet.
http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/...7476&silo=1011
If u look closely to the pics, Dimmy is in two of them lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbii View Post
I believe I was sitting right opposite DimSim at Airstream tonight..
Time Approx : 10:00pm - 11:00pm

Wasn't quite sure so didn't say anything, although I have a gut feeling it was !

Anyway, if he remembers a white looking guy in a grey hoody about 80cm away from him .. haha

on another note, saw your car with your new coloured wheels, don't mind it
Yoo!! Thanks man! I have no idea how u would know what I look like, but sif not sure man, espeically when I was rocking my BMW jacket tonite lol!

Were u in the smokers area? Like sitting with 2 other guys and u happen to be fkn extremely tall? lol...

I was actually pretty out of it tonite but be sure to come say hi next time man!

Oh and thanks about the new colour rims, the girls hate it but the guys love them... disregard girls acquire green rims

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGOAMG View Post
I was with him also..
As if not come say hi.. lol
Noone cares about you, thats why he spotted me and not you

Last edited by DIMSIM; 04-01-2011 at 05:14 PM.
DIMSIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:52 PM   #3462
shibbii

My Ride: 323Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIMSIM View Post
If u look closely to the pics, Dimmy is in two of them lol

Yoo!! Thanks man! I have no idea how u would know what I look like, but sif not sure man, espeically when I was rocking my BMW jacket tonite lol!

Were u in the smokers area? Like sitting with 2 other guys and u happen to be fkn extremely tall? lol...

I was actually pretty out of it tonite but be sure to come say hi next time man!

Oh and thanks about the new colour rims, the girls hate it but the guys love them... disregard girls acquire green rims

Noone cares about you, thats why he spotted me and not you

hahahah at the extremely tall comment

I'm pretty sure i know which one you're talking about, but that's not me, although i was the other guy with him in the smoking area .

If you're memories any good, there was the tall ass white guy lol a shorter asian dude and then me

BTW , I stopped by the last glenny meet and thought you looked familiar from there !

All that was missing was that high vis vest of yours
shibbii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:25 PM   #3463
Chewy

My Ride: '03 LSB M3 Vert SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower_m3 View Post
Sorry Chewy, I was getting the car checked out today. Already put a deposit down.

Just joking lol. I haven't found my carbon black 03+ with imola red interior yet about the red e46 m3 for sale, it appears like the rear boot has been either re-painted, changed for an update model or something else. It's just not right.
I really can't tell
Old 04-02-2011, 04:18 AM   #3464
IMMMI

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330i
Took a very quick and discrete snap of this on La Trobe st Today,
I hope I dont get sued for uploading this..
But just have to :
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20110402-01030.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	236.8 KB
ID:	398806  

Cody,
IMMMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #3465
mpower_m3

My Ride: 335i M Sport
Send a message via MSN to mpower_m3
Quote:
I really can't tell
A 2002 model e46 m3's bootline is different compared to the facelift model. Check the rear view pic of the car and you'll maybe be able to understand the difference. It's definately not stock. Also were you going up towards bell street about an hour ago? I spotted a car very similar to yours with angels just going up towards the bridge near austin hospital towards bell street. I was heading down the bridge towards manningham road.

08' 335i M Sport
00' MB E55 AMG

87' BMW E30 325e
99' BMW E46 323i - SOLD
05' TRD Aurion SL3500 - SOLD

Last edited by mpower_m3; 04-02-2011 at 09:42 AM.
mpower_m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:03 AM   #3466
Chewy

Quote:
A 2002 model e46 m3's bootline is different compared to the facelift model. Check the rear view pic of the car and you'll maybe be able to understand the difference. It's definately not stock. Also were you going up towards bell street about an hour ago? I spotted a car very similar to yours with angels just going up towards the bridge near austin hospital towards bell street. I was heading down the bridge towards manningham road.
There is a very high chance that that was my car. If you're not up to date, I sold my car last month to a bloke that had no clue how to drive and fried the clutch. He lives in Preston.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #3467
ating

My Ride: 2004 M3
Quote:
whoah! good observation. i didn't know the bootline (boot handle) appears different in different models. having said that, i've seen 2004+ models that don't have the extended boot handle as seen in that imola red m3? was this an option or something? i checked mine and mine looks like the imole red version, tho i've seen other MY04.5 models and their bootlines seem to be mixed.
ating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:24 PM   #3468
Chewy

god damnit i love fellow fanatics, there is nothing that can get past us!
Old 04-02-2011, 10:47 PM   #3469
mpower_m3

Quote:
There is a very high chance that that was my car. If you're not up to date, I sold my car last month to a bloke that had no clue how to drive and fried the clutch. He lives in Preston.
hrmm lol he definately looked like he was going towards preston. I sold my car to a guy that was a fresh import from Lebanon. He bought it off me on the last new years eve day and I saw the car 2 weeks after in the preston area, his wife had a turban on and was driving my lowered e46 with the e46fanatics sticker. Not that turban is a bad thing to wear but the combination of a lady looking like that and the modified e46 was hilarious to look at. I regretted selling the car to them but at the end of the day, profit has to be made. My missus makes jokes about it all the time saying that the couple will most likely get the car scratched soon in the preston area and will have a bov stuck out from the bonnet. Joking in a way that the car will be wrecked in that area. I'm only sad that I sold the wheels on it, they were the only ones in the country in that size and a lady with a turban probably ate the gutter by now lol.

08' 335i M Sport
00' MB E55 AMG

87' BMW E30 325e
99' BMW E46 323i - SOLD

Last edited by mpower_m3; 04-02-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:57 PM   #3470
mpower_m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ating View Post
whoah! good observation. i didn't know the bootline (boot handle) appears different in different models. having said that, i've seen 2004+ models that don't have the extended boot handle as seen in that imola red m3? was this an option or something? i checked mine and mine looks like the imole red version, tho i've seen other MY04.5 models and their bootlines seem to be mixed.
What's the build date on your car? Is it the facelift model? Facelift model started from 04 month of 2003 as i recall, i might be wrong but it's around the mid 2003 mark and those have been made after that date all have the long boot line, expressing that the car is indeed a facelift m3. If the car is below a 2003 model and has the long bootline, it's either because it's been replaced and switched for the facelift version, which imo looks better or due to collision, where a new bootlid was taken off and replaced with a facelift model bootlid with the long bootline which fits exactly as oem.

In terms of seeing 04.5 m3's with mixed bootlids, if it's original and has never been damaged or changed, it has to be the longer looking bootline. If the car is a 2004.5 model m3 for example and has a short bootline, most likely the bootlid was damaged and the repairshop accidently ordered the pre-facelift bootlid which is incorrect.

08' 335i M Sport
00' MB E55 AMG

87' BMW E30 325e
99' BMW E46 323i - SOLD
Old 04-02-2011, 11:03 PM   #3471
mpower_m3

Quote:
god damnit i love fellow fanatics, there is nothing that can get past us!
) what's your next ride going to be and what are you driving currently? I still couldn't find a nice e46 m3 coupe. Hopefully it will come up in the next month or two so I can buy the damn thing and enjoy it.

08' 335i M Sport
00' MB E55 AMG

87' BMW E30 325e
99' BMW E46 323i - SOLD
Old 04-03-2011, 04:10 AM   #3472
Chewy

Quote:
) what's your next ride going to be and what are you driving currently? I still couldn't find a nice e46 m3 coupe. Hopefully it will come up in the next month or two so I can buy the damn thing and enjoy it.
Nah no car atm.
Looking for a manual m3 or m5. Very hard to find!
Old 04-03-2011, 06:42 AM   #3473
ating

Quote:
What's the build date on your car?
Car was built in July 2004 and has the longer boot line. I'm just saying I did a quick search through 2004 model M3s on carsales and they have mixed bootlines. Oh well, good info to know!

Is there a website or something that tells the changes made for the facelift models? I only know about the LED tail lights.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:33 AM   #3474
mpower_m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ating View Post
Car was built in July 2004 and has the longer boot line. I'm just saying I did a quick search through 2004 model M3s on carsales and they have mixed bootlines. Oh well, good info to know!

Is there a website or something that tells the changes made for the facelift models? I only know about the LED tail lights.
I don't know of any websites from the top of my head however from what I remember,

LED taillights as you know
Longer bootlid
Improvements to suspension
Wide Satnav screen became standard where as it was optional on the pre-facelift models
If SMG, upgraded software.
A little few minor bits but those listed above are the main changes.

Few smarty pants on the carsales think they can trick people by advertising an older car for a newer one by changing few cosmetic bits to make it look newer. Not that it's anything wrong. They don't list the changes and the interested parties think the car is original and jump on the sale.

08' 335i M Sport
00' MB E55 AMG

87' BMW E30 325e
99' BMW E46 323i - SOLD
Old 04-03-2011, 08:38 AM   #3475
Chewy

Waqar on carpoint.

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/...d=12DC392D1A97
Old 04-03-2011, 08:38 AM   #3476
Chewy

Waqar on carpoint.

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/...d=12DC392D1A97
Old 04-03-2011, 08:38 AM   #3477
mpower_m3

Quote:
Nah no car atm.
Looking for a manual m3 or m5. Very hard to find!
Yeh tell me about it, I've luckily got the benzo to drive around while looking for a 2003-2006 m3 coupe. Fingers crossed. Just need to be patient and be on the look. I get excited everytime I get a ad listing update for m3's on my blackberry but finding the correct color, mileage combination is hard to come by. Let me know how you go on the hunt.

08' 335i M Sport
00' MB E55 AMG

87' BMW E30 325e
99' BMW E46 323i - SOLD
Old 04-03-2011, 10:07 AM   #3478
ating

Quote:
Yeh tell me about it, I've luckily got the benzo to drive around while looking for a 2003-2006 m3 coupe. Fingers crossed. Just need to be patient and be on the look. I get excited everytime I get a ad listing update for m3's on my blackberry but finding the correct color, mileage combination is hard to come by. Let me know how you go on the hunt.
yeah i know, good m3s are hard to come by. but just be patient and good ones will always pop up. g'luck
Old 04-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #3479
selien

My Ride: 330CI
After yesterdays cruise I saw 2 stunning cars, one on General Holmes Drive Brighton, like a metallic light brown 330, had the plates CSM3 or something and then on Fairford Rd Bankstown a even more stunning pearl white M3? with a black boot lip and the plate was among the lines of KOOOKZ or something, didnt really get a good look at the cars as they were a few ahead and I couldnt keep up weaving in the traffic but they were hot!

Anyone seen these around? They members? Id love to get a good look at their cars!

I AM OF DUBIOUS NATURE
selien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #3480
selien

My Ride: 330CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie.k View Post
spotted an absolutely mental white 330ci m-sport with plates KOOODZ , it was SLAMMED, ive never seen anything like it.. carbon fibre parts everywhere... SO F'N HOT!!!
Yes! I spoted this yesterday on Fairford Road, it was STUNNING!

I AM OF DUBIOUS NATURE
selien is offline   Reply With Quote