E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Kentucky Crew - 2011 Chat

49K views 398 replies 29 participants last post by  auto180sx 
#1 ·
Hey guys & gals,

We had a pretty good thread last year (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=743248), lets keep it going!

Welcome all 2011 members from KY, hopefully they find this thread.

Lets use this thread to chat, and help out other KY members when their E46 is down! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#135 ·
Don't worry, no way I'm getting a VW outside of an Audi, but even then, I don't plan on getting an Audi because I don't want to take the front bumper off just to do certain maintenance.

Ironically, after posting all this stuff, it seems that my car has "corrected" itself. The SES light is off, and the idle has been corrected. The only thing now to fix is my front right turn signal, as the bulb keeps going out. Honestly, I'll take that over what I was dealing with. :)

#142 · (Edited)
Just cranked a sh1t ton of money on the 3-Series. Most I've ever spent in one sitting.

Koni struts/shocks
Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires
(boring all-seasons - http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...01&autoModel=330Ci Sport Package&autoModClar=)
KYB strut/shock mounts
Front right turn signal bulb housing thingy

I decided not to lower the car. The mileage is too high IMO, and honestly I plan on bailing on it when it hits 180k+. So I really don't want to bother with losing money on mods until my next car.

I will be interested to see how the Koni's feel though!

#147 ·
I just got it from the BMW dealer. BavAuto sells them for $10 or so before shipping.

#151 ·
New Kentucky BMW guy here. Bought a 2002 325xi about a week ago. I am absolutely in love. Been in the 4x4/Rock crawling world the last few years and now life has turned around and I wanted something new, so why not BMW? I am up in the Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati area. Buying mostly maintenance parts right now just to prevent any of the stuff that is prone to failure (ie, entire cooling system replacement, general tune up - oil, filters, spark plugs, bla bla) and then also bought some goodies (clear corners and side markers, bought a set of OEM Bi-Xenon lights that I am going to install along with some Angel Eyes, M Shift knob, and some other little stuff). Should be fun to work on the car and hopefully I can come out to one of the meet-n-greets soon and meet some local people.

Forum is so full of information, I'm very impressed. Glad to be here!

-Brad

#154 · (Edited)
Yeah I have always done stuff myself, so this should be fun. I should be alright doing what I have planned, but I am looking for an independent shop or two just to have as a reference for when/if I need work done. Anyone know of any good ones in the state (preferably NKY, Lexington or L-Ville area)? Also, any meet-n-greet type of events or anything coming up soon? The car is pretty much stock right now, but it would be nice to meet up and meet some new people.

#155 ·
Well every second Sunday of the month (schedule was just changed to this) there is a BMW meet at Shay's (I think that is how you spell it) Mongolian Grill off of Warnock Ave. It literally is right off I-65 by the U of L campus.

#157 ·
#158 ·
#166 ·
That sucks but can be easily fixed, even if it has frame damage. All depends on if it is worth it to you.

Check out my wreck from several months ago: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=798406&highlight=

Car is back to normal today and running fantastically! I will snap some pics of it here soon. Here are some in the process:

Attachments

#169 ·
Thanks guys! It definitely sucks, but i'm more irritated that I just put a radiator, water pump and thermostat in it not even 1k miles ago. As much as I like the car I think i'd rather take the money and put it into the E46, after I started it to move out the road it wasn't sounding too healthy.

ice2003- can't wait to see how it comes together!

330iJohn- I got the same e-mail today, i'm almost positive i'll be there!

#171 ·
Still can man, it is in May! Seems it is free. I have learned from a gentlemen who works there your average 328i cars won't be there!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.