E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #101
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessAP1 View Post
Any new additions to this rifle? What do you have up your sleeve now? I think its great as is.
The PSD is fine for now, but I'm going to replace the upper receiver with a VLTOR MUR. I just really don't like the issues I've found with that DPMS upper I'm running.

The SPR build is up and running with the scope. I want to replace the stock with the Magpul PRS, but that's still up in the air. I also want to get a SureFire muzzle brake to replace the Phantom flash hider on there. After that, I'll probably swap out my Badger EBR rings for a Larue SPR LT-104 mount for the scope.
I'm working up some loads right now for the SPR, and I'm using the 77gr cannelured Sierra SMKs with Varget and RE-15. Gonna see what flies best. Hoping to see around 0.5 MOA.

The 11.5" build is in a holding pattern until I get my NFA stamp. They deposited the check already, and it's been almost 2 months, so theoretically I should have it by June. Still planning that one out, but I think I have everything nailed down one what I'm going to do.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:49 PM   #102
EndlessAP1

My Ride: e92 M3, e70 X5, TL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
The PSD is fine for now, but I'm going to replace the upper receiver with a VLTOR MUR. I just really don't like the issues I've found with that DPMS upper I'm running.

The SPR build is up and running with the scope. I want to replace the stock with the Magpul PRS, but that's still up in the air. I also want to get a SureFire muzzle brake to replace the Phantom flash hider on there. After that, I'll probably swap out my Badger EBR rings for a Larue SPR LT-104 mount for the scope.
I'm working up some loads right now for the SPR, and I'm using the 77gr cannelured Sierra SMKs with Varget and RE-15. Gonna see what flies best. Hoping to see around 0.5 MOA.

The 11.5" build is in a holding pattern until I get my NFA stamp. They deposited the check already, and it's been almost 2 months, so theoretically I should have it by June. Still planning that one out, but I think I have everything nailed down one what I'm going to do.
Nice, ah the waiting game.... the day they cash your check is the day they should mail you out the tax stamp..
EndlessAP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:49 PM   #103
Reedo302

Quote:
Nice, ah the waiting game.... the day they cash your check is the day they should mail you out the tax stamp..
No shit.

Glock Armorer

Old 04-08-2011, 10:46 AM   #104
Reedo302

Well, pulled the trigger on the Aimpoint M4S. Got a SMOKING deal through an LE distributor and couldn't pass it up. Getting the base M4S with ARD and cover, with no mount. I'm going to get the LaRue LT-659 Tall mount.

Glock Armorer

Old 04-21-2011, 04:33 PM   #105
Reedo302

Got back from the range a little bit ago. Put 400rds downrange on the PSD PDW, and about 70 downrange on the 18" SPR. The PDW is still running strong. Not a single hint of malfunction after 700rds total. I DID put in an H3 buffer, and that seems to have helped with slowing the bolt down even more to reduce damage to the case rims.
The TangoDown ARC mags work very well, as expected. However, I really dislike how frickin' bulky they are. Two cannot fit in a double-mag pouch, and that's annoying. I would have to say that given the issue of just how wide they are, they're just not feasible for a combat load. I'm still waiting on my mag shingles for my new chest rig, so we'll see how they do there. Maybe problem solved?

Glock Armorer

Old 04-22-2011, 11:05 PM   #106
EndlessAP1

Quote:
Got back from the range a little bit ago. Put 400rds downrange on the PSD PDW, and about 70 downrange on the 18" SPR. The PDW is still running strong. Not a single hint of malfunction after 700rds total. I DID put in an H3 buffer, and that seems to have helped with slowing the bolt down even more to reduce damage to the case rims.
The TangoDown ARC mags work very well, as expected. However, I really dislike how frickin' bulky they are. Two cannot fit in a double-mag pouch, and that's annoying. I would have to say that given the issue of just how wide they are, they're just not feasible for a combat load. I'm still waiting on my mag shingles for my new chest rig, so we'll see how they do there. Maybe problem solved?
Would you take the TangoDown mags over the Pmags? I run Hk 416 mags and was wondering how TangoDown would hold up to dropping and abuse. I suspect really well.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:11 AM   #107
Reedo302

Quote:
Would you take the TangoDown mags over the Pmags? I run Hk 416 mags and was wondering how TangoDown would hold up to dropping and abuse. I suspect really well.
In terms of sheer external abuse, I think the ARC mags would be able to take more. They're basically "over-engineered". If you run a single mag pouch/shingle, it's not that big of an issue as long as the mags fit. However, I suspect that they'll be a tight fit in my single mag shingles that I have coming for my chest rig. I don't like how they feed from the reverse side of the mag as a USGI or other aftermarket mag. However, the ribbing on the lower half of the mag gives you a lot of grip and control, so in a wet environment or when wearing heavy gloves, it's a very easy mag to hang onto and manipulate.

If I had to pick one for combat, the PMag is just easier to carry and use. I like the ability to use the ranger floor plate for better gripping out of the pouch, how slim they are, and the fact that they have been 100% reliable for me. I carry a black 20rd PMag on my duty belt at work with no concerns.
For me, it all comes down to actual size of the mag, as well as the weight. They are significantly lighter than the ARCs.

Glock Armorer

Old 04-25-2011, 01:32 PM   #108
Reedo302

Here is a picture from my last range trip. This is the current configuration of my SPR. I will be adding a Magpul PRS stock and SureFire MB556K muzzle brake eventually.

I also got my new Aimpoint M4S and the LaRue mount in. It's a frickin' tough sight. That thing is built like a tank!
Here are comparison photos next to my Micro T-1, in case anyone was interested in the size difference.

Glock Armorer

Old 04-28-2011, 12:33 AM   #109
EndlessAP1

Good tips.

Good choice with the Aimpoint. I had the Comp M4 for my Kriss Super V and loved it. I am liking my Elcan Specter DR right now. May buy a back up Acog though just to have an extra optic.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:25 AM   #110
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
Which LaRue FTS magnifier mount do you need for the Micro, the tall or short? I can't access the site from work.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:28 AM   #111
Reedo302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
Which LaRue FTS magnifier mount do you need for the Micro, the tall or short? I can't access the site from work.
There's only one height with the LT755, which has 1.725" centerline height-alignment. That is compatible with the high mounts for the T-1 and other Aimpoints where you are at lower-1/3 co-witness. The T-1 mount you need is the Tall LT660 (versus the LT660HK, LT661 and LT751 mounts).

Glock Armorer

Old 04-29-2011, 04:13 AM   #112
Darkside213

My Ride: 04 TSX daily, 01 M3
Send a message via AIM to Darkside213
just finished my first AR build not too long ago. I'm eventually going to buy some good eotech sights...for now, anyone use the sigsauer red dot? Been finding them cheap on ebay.

Darkside213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:11 AM   #113
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
^Sig red dot holosights are cheap, chinese knockoffs. Avoid them. If you want a cheap red dot, try looking at the SPARC made by Vortex

BTW, this is a nice video about lower 1/3 co-witness and absolute co-witness
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:28 PM   #114
Reedo302

VLTOR MUR, BattleComp 1.0 and DD lower parts kit just came in.
Have the Daniel Defense 11.5" CHF barrel w/ low-profile gas block ordered and hope to have that by next week.

Now I just need to figure out which rail to get. Still can't decide... Looking at the DD OmegaX 9" (11.7oz), DD Mk18 9.5" (14.5oz), DD Lite Rail 10" (12.5oz), or Troy TRX 11" (20.8oz). I would actually prefer to get the Troy since it's 11", because I like longer rails and less exposed barrel. It's also about half the cost. However, 1.3lbs for a rail is simply unacceptable. In AR shooting, ounces equal pounds and pounds equal pain and fatigue. No thanks.
The main winners are the OmegaX 9" and the LITE RAIL 10". If they made a 10" OmegaX, it'd be a no-brainer. The OmegaX has the advantage of having integrated sling swivel holes, whereas the LITE RAIL would require me to buy a separate mounting adapter. The Mk18 is a nice happy medium, but it's FDE color only, and I'm thinking I want to make this rifle green, so not sure it's worth it.

OmegaX 9"

LITE RAIL 10"

Troy TRX 11"

Mk18 RIS

Glock Armorer

Old 05-25-2011, 02:21 PM   #115
Reedo302

Here's what I got so far:

LaRue Tactical LT-15 billet lower receiver
VLTOR MUR upper receiver
Daniel Defense 11.5" CHF barrel with pinned low-profile gas block
BattleComp 1.0 muzzle brake
Daniel Defense lower parts kit
Aimpoint M4S w/ LaRue mount

I also decided that I will be getting the Daniel Defense AR15 LITE Rail 10.0"

Glock Armorer

Old 05-30-2011, 10:16 PM   #116
Reedo302

So...This is what I have on the way as we speak:

DD AR15 LITE Rail 10.0
DD AR15 LITE Rail Barrel Nut Wrench
Bolt Carrier Group
BCM Gunfighter Mod4 (medium latch)
VLTOR EMOD Kit (Foliage Green)
TangoDown grip (Foliage)
TangoDown Stubby QD VFG (Foliage)
TangoDown SCAR Panels (Foliage)
Gear Sector QD Sling Adapter
BFG Vickers Padded Sling w/ QD
Magpul BAD Lever
VTAC light mount
SureFire G2X Tactical light
Various spare parts

Yep. Wife's gonna kill me.

Glock Armorer

Old 05-31-2011, 07:25 AM   #117
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

Quote:
So...This is what I have on the way as we speak:

DD AR15 LITE Rail 10.0
DD AR15 LITE Rail Barrel Nut Wrench
Bolt Carrier Group
BCM Gunfighter Mod4 (medium latch)
VLTOR EMOD Kit (Foliage Green)
TangoDown grip (Foliage)
TangoDown Stubby QD VFG (Foliage)
TangoDown SCAR Panels (Foliage)
Gear Sector QD Sling Adapter
BFG Vickers Padded Sling w/ QD
Magpul BAD Lever
VTAC light mount
SureFire G2X Tactical light
Various spare parts

Yep. Wife's gonna kill me.

Which BCG did you choose?
Old 05-31-2011, 08:41 AM   #118
Reedo302

Went with the RainierArms Thunder Bolt. I wanted a Daniel Defense BCG, but DD said they won't be shipping them any time in the near future, as they prioritize their BCGs for their in-house guns first, and there is a massive demand right now for their guns and they're backed up. I was then going to go with the BCM BCG, but they're out as well. I did some research, and the RainierArms Thunder Bolt has all the MP testing, shot peening, and controls in place that BCM does. AND, their BCG is only $118 (LEO price, normal is $125) instead of $149. Actually a pretty good deal.
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...roduct_id=2012

Glock Armorer

Old 06-02-2011, 08:57 AM   #119
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

Quote:
Went with the RainierArms Thunder Bolt. I wanted a Daniel Defense BCG, but DD said they won't be shipping them any time in the near future, as they prioritize their BCGs for their in-house guns first, and there is a massive demand right now for their guns and they're backed up. I was then going to go with the BCM BCG, but they're out as well. I did some research, and the RainierArms Thunder Bolt has all the MP testing, shot peening, and controls in place that BCM does. AND, their BCG is only $118 (LEO price, normal is $125) instead of $149. Actually a pretty good deal.
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...roduct_id=2012
Nice! I ordered a Spikes BCG from AIM Surplus for my new build. I was initially looking to order the DD or the BCM, but I was able to get in on the $110 shipped sale. It should arrive today. Still waiting on my billet lower though, it's been five weeks.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #120
Reedo302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
Nice! I ordered a Spikes BCG from AIM Surplus for my new build. I was initially looking to order the DD or the BCM, but I was able to get in on the $110 shipped sale. It should arrive today. Still waiting on my billet lower though, it's been five weeks.
Was it the Spikes Biohazard lower?

Glock Armorer