E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Convertible

E46 Convertible
The E46 vert forum. Talk about dropping your E46 top here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
JayCee-E46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 17
My Ride: BMW 325ci convertibl
Suspension for my vert" what should I get?

I wanted to buy the KSPORTS coilovers but I can't find any feedback on them...
JayCee-E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:49 AM   #2
RMAAS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Acton, MA
Posts: 23
My Ride: 04 325 CiC 87 K75C
I have Koni FSDs with my stock sport suspension springs. I didn't want to go too firm or want to deal with rattles on rough pavement. I'd say I accomplished both; forgiving ride on rough pavement plus it firms up nicely when I step on it.
RMAAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:35 AM   #3
eRock79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 720
My Ride: '02 330Cic 5sp Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAAS View Post
I have Koni FSDs with my stock sport suspension springs. I didn't want to go too firm or want to deal with rattles on rough pavement. I'd say I accomplished both; forgiving ride on rough pavement plus it firms up nicely when I step on it.
Were you able to install those on your own? If so, was it difficult?
__________________
Cheers,
Erik

Quote:
Are you waiting on me?
Quote:
"Yeah, Thai Dishes is one of my dad's restaurants."

"Really? What kind of food do they serve?"

"Uhm...Thai."
'02 330Ci 5sp Vert**310 South Bay Bimmers Meet**310SBB Facebook**562 Meet
eRock79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #4
RMAAS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Acton, MA
Posts: 23
My Ride: 04 325 CiC 87 K75C
It's not too difficult, you will need a spring compressor. There are a number of posts in the general section, just search. I found that compressing the springs while under the car helped the shock top to clear the fender. Also, the passenger side front is a little more tricky due to the headlight control lever (I have Xenons). I did it last Spring so I am a little foggy on the details. If you are careful, you won't need a re-alignment (I didn't). I also suggest replacing all the shock mounts.
RMAAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:28 PM   #5
eRock79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 720
My Ride: '02 330Cic 5sp Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAAS View Post
It's not too difficult, you will need a spring compressor. There are a number of posts in the general section, just search. I found that compressing the springs while under the car helped the shock top to clear the fender. Also, the passenger side front is a little more tricky due to the headlight control lever (I have Xenons). I did it last Spring so I am a little foggy on the details. If you are careful, you won't need a re-alignment (I didn't). I also suggest replacing all the shock mounts.
Awesome! Thank you very much for your help.
__________________
Cheers,
Erik

Quote:
Are you waiting on me?
Quote:
"Yeah, Thai Dishes is one of my dad's restaurants."

"Really? What kind of food do they serve?"

"Uhm...Thai."
'02 330Ci 5sp Vert**310 South Bay Bimmers Meet**310SBB Facebook**562 Meet
eRock79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:54 PM   #6
ferrarix99
Registered User
 
ferrarix99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wayne, New Jersey
Posts: 3,294
My Ride: 87 325e - 05 M3 Vert
pss10's worked out perfect for me
__________________
click for pics of the old ride...
-Nick the Greek-
euro.techniks
Bimmerworld Epic Tune | OEM Euro Headers | CSL Brakes | B&B TriFlo | aFe SuperStock | PSS10 | Varrstoen TE37 | V1 | ZKW Lens Swap | Orion Golds
Want your car coded? PM me.
ferrarix99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:21 PM   #7
M3-skb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Little Rock Arkansas
Posts: 62
My Ride: 2002 M3 Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarix99 View Post
pss10's worked out perfect for me
Thanks, I was curious if anyone was running PSS 10's. I've been leaning towards those myself.
__________________
M3-skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use