E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
AR AL GA FL KY LA MS NC SC TN

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2011, 09:16 PM   #181
srlehmkuhl

My Ride: 2004 LSB M3 convert.
^They stock A+ inventory, trust me. I'm sure that's just as clean in person.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:46 PM   #182
BimmerFerret

My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
That is a nice E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:37 PM   #183
vamusclebuilder

My Ride: 93' 325iS & 00 323i
I didn't test drive the one at Sam Swope, but I did test drive another one that was identical with less miles. It's an awesome car (especially compared to my e46), but it seems like it lacks feedback from the road. The steering and throttle feedback are kind of...loose/mushy?? Has anyone else driven one?
vamusclebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:25 PM   #184
KiowaCrew

My Ride: 2001 TiAg BMW 330Ci
Hey checking in from Ft. Campbell, KY. Just bought a 2001 TiAg 330Ci when I got back from deployment a few weeks ago. I've seen a couple modded E46's around that HAVE to be on one of these forum's (ex: Blue M3 with M6 wheels & exhaust). Any meets coming up? Anyone from around here?

Here is a pic of the car if ya'll see it at some point:
KiowaCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:34 PM   #185
BimmerFerret

Nice looking E46 and welcome!

If you can make it to Louisville, there is a meet every second Saturday of the month. Check one of the earlier pages for details on location, time, etc.

Quote:
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:30 PM   #186
ikeupinya
Stay modded my friends!!!

My Ride: shalt not be riced!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiowaCrew View Post
Hey checking in from Ft. Campbell, KY. Just bought a 2001 TiAg 330Ci when I got back from deployment a few weeks ago. I've seen a couple modded E46's around that HAVE to be on one of these forum's (ex: Blue M3 with M6 wheels & exhaust). Any meets coming up? Anyone from around here?
I am!!! Welcome to the site & welcome back!!! I'm still stuck on deployment but I'll be renting a Bimmer during r & r in Germany...

I've seen that OB M3 around on & off post but I haven't seen him on this forum...
Old 04-19-2011, 08:39 PM   #187
KiowaCrew

My Ride: 2001 TiAg BMW 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikeupinya View Post
I am!!! Welcome to the site & welcome back!!! I'm still stuck on deployment but I'll be renting a Bimmer during r & r in Germany...

I've seen that OB M3 around on & off post but I haven't seen him on this forum...
What did you have before you left? You're still on deployment??? I thought everyone was pretty much back except for 159th CAB who just replaced us??? Are you with them?
KiowaCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:00 AM   #188
K1rby

My Ride: has no C pillars
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamusclebuilder View Post
I didn't test drive the one at Sam Swope, but I did test drive another one that was identical with less miles. It's an awesome car (especially compared to my e46), but it seems like it lacks feedback from the road. The steering and throttle feedback are kind of...loose/mushy?? Has anyone else driven one?
I had a 328 loaner for a day when my vert was in the shop. I thought it was unimpressive as well. The throttle was not responsive, but don't they have the same hp as a 330? The ride was soft too, but I have sport suspension so I didn't think much about that.

The interior was zero sum: Some improvements and some "what were they thinking?" moments. I'm holding onto the e46 for the foreseeable future.

don't know or care if I spelled foreseeable right
Old 04-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #189
BimmerFerret

I think it has a few more ponies. My co-worker just picked up an 07 328Xi and while it was nice and had some improvements over the E46, I didn't really care for it. Maybe the coupe would be better??

Quote:
Old 04-21-2011, 08:23 AM   #190
vamusclebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkirby147 View Post
I had a 328 loaner for a day when my vert was in the shop. I thought it was unimpressive as well. The throttle was not responsive, but don't they have the same hp as a 330? The ride was soft too, but I have sport suspension so I didn't think much about that.

The interior was zero sum: Some improvements and some "what were they thinking?" moments. I'm holding onto the e46 for the foreseeable future.

don't know or care if I spelled foreseeable right
The ride did seem soft and i'm comparing that to my 323i with factory supsension. The drive-by-wire is definitely giving the throttle a "numb" feeling. I'm curious how the 335iS rides, eventhough it's out of my price range, I would think it has to be better than the 328.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:44 AM   #191
K1rby

One of my co-workers test drove a 335 at Don Jacob's. He was very impressed with the suspension and response. Apparently he scared the crap out of the sales person during the test drive.

For comparison, his current weekend toy is a 2001 Porsche Boxster, and his wife drives a 750Li.

As much as I hope there's an M3 at the ride&drive, I'm curious to try out a 335 as well.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:47 AM   #192
BimmerFerret

I'm definitely curious to try the 335i.

Quote:
Old 04-21-2011, 12:49 PM   #193
BimmerFerret

Hey guys, do any of you know of a decent automotive position around Louisville?

What do you think would be better for long term growth? Sales, Mechanic, Service, etc?

Quote:
Old 04-21-2011, 02:57 PM   #194
vamusclebuilder

I dont know of any positions around Louisville, but I worked at a Mercedes-Benz dealership in VA for 5 years and can say that service would probably be better for long term growth. I worked in service then moved to sales. Sales has a tendency to wear people out both physically (long hours) and mentally (bonehead buyers). With service you still have to sell repairs, but it's definitely easier, and you have set hours. That's just an opinion from my experience. Are you looking at luxury dealerships or mainstream?
Old 04-23-2011, 08:11 AM   #195
NightRaider93

My Ride: 2007 Z4 Coupe
Is there an age limit to who can drive?

NightRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:23 AM   #196
K1rby

The flier just says bring your driver's license
Old 04-23-2011, 12:47 PM   #197
BimmerFerret

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamusclebuilder View Post
I dont know of any positions around Louisville, but I worked at a Mercedes-Benz dealership in VA for 5 years and can say that service would probably be better for long term growth. I worked in service then moved to sales. Sales has a tendency to wear people out both physically (long hours) and mentally (bonehead buyers). With service you still have to sell repairs, but it's definitely easier, and you have set hours. That's just an opinion from my experience. Are you looking at luxury dealerships or mainstream?
Thanks fir the response. Definitely looking at Audi, BMW, etc type dealerships. I may start in sales either way just to get in the door and then move where I want to go. Im just so bored with my day job. I'm actually building savings up just in case a new job doesn't work out and I have room to find another.

I would love to work on BMWs and Porsches all day, but you need STEP or PTAP training and they are not in Kentucky

Quote:
Old 04-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #198
ikeupinya
Stay modded my friends!!!

My Ride: shalt not be riced!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiowaCrew View Post
What did you have before you left? You're still on deployment??? I thought everyone was pretty much back except for 159th CAB who just replaced us??? Are you with them?
I still have my 03' 325iA but its grounded in my garage...SUS BDE was one of the last ones that left so we're almost halfway done...we did steal alot of mechanics from the CAB before we left...
Old 04-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #199
BimmerFerret

Anyone here going to the AutoX event this weekend @ Papa Johns??

Quote:
Old 04-28-2011, 12:58 PM   #200
jimvideopro

My Ride: 2006 330CiC
The Swope ride and drive? Email I have says Sun May 15...