E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Lighting & Mobile Electronics (I.C.E.)

Lighting & Mobile Electronics (I.C.E.)
Xenon lighting, HID kits, fog lights, BMW head units, navigation, speakers, subwoofers, In Car Electronics (I.C.E.), carputers, DDEs, angle eyes, halos, LED tail lights, interior lighting, etc.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-22-2004, 12:58 AM   #1
e46guroo

My Ride: 2001 330i
diamond audio12'' macdaddy and chrome ppi amp

diamond audio macdaddy 12'' sub in custom box (their patented sealed/ported box covered in dark grey carpet)

precision power ppi1400 - one channel 400w amp at 4 ohm that i run at 2 ohm and i think it puts out 800w. i'm next to positive it is one ohm stable at which point it produces 1200w. the amp is chrome and i think it's some sort of limited edition which is besides the point because it's show quality power and looks. for sale for best offer.
(looks like this guys http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=18796 )
these two together are one of the best sub/amp combos i've ever heard. everyone always thought i had 3 12's.

i may also have an alpine flex5 amp for sale for best offer. (4channel at 75w per channel +1 channel at 180w)

this next part is just what www.diamondaudio.com said about this sub
MacDaddy HEX Subwoofers - Maximum woof.
In the world of high-end automotive bass reproduction, it's all about power, control, and displacement (diameter X excursion). With a total of over 50 years of pro-sound experience (including touring with the most famous artists in Rock) the engineers at Diamond Audio know bass. They have synthesized the latest in CAD engineering and space age composites (quite literally) into massive amounts of controlled cone travel and power handling in a small box design. The result is a new reference in LOW. Power, control, efficiency, clarity. Make no mistake, this has no equal - This is the"MacDaddy".

MacDaddy Subwoofers feature:

Proprietary Hexacone Technology - Backed by a thin glass fiber shell. Manufactured in Germany, internationally patented.
Huge 3-Inch Diameter Voice Coil - Heavy gauge pure copper wire on a 3-inch vented aluminum former handles all the power you've got. Efficient 4-layer design turns that power into SPL.
2-Inch Peak-to-Peak X-Max! - Our Extended Pole Piece architecture (unique in mobile audio) creates a uniformly symmetrical magnetic field above and below the top plate for improved dynamic linearity. Dramatically extends usable X-max.
Santoprene Rubber Surrounds - Long excursion in all temperature extremes for superior bass response. Excellent damping characteristics. Impervious to sun and moisture.
Custom-Cast Aluminum Alloy Frames - Antimagnetic, non resonant, very ridged. The perfect environment to maintain our precision driver geometries. Assures linear response after installation and for a lifetime. Laboratory treated to a weatherproof, electrostatically applied, 3-layer Diamond Dust finish.
Dual Mirror-Image Flat Progressive Spiders - Two spiders (as no single spider made can take the power) insures precise voice coil centering and accurate dynamic linearity in the face of tremendous power applications. Mirror-image configuration cancels any minor push-pull non-linearity.
"Intercooled" Motor - The high efficiency motor assembly is dynamically cooled via dual radiused, aero-vented pole. This design effectively pumps hot air out, and cool air.
One-Piece Pole/Backplate - Magnetically and thermally efficient for highest output and power handling.
4 and 8 Ohm Impedance - Affords complete flexibility of system design to maximize amp power and damping.

Last edited by e46guroo; 01-22-2004 at 01:38 AM.
e46guroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.