E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > New England

New England
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
MA ME NH RI VT

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 09:33 AM   #41
Sam 330ci

My Ride: 03 530i
Send a message via AIM to Sam 330ci
I got clipped trying to merge into 5mph traffic and have a scrape I need repaired - I'll probably end up using Sansossio for it. Let us know how the pricing works out
Old 04-20-2011, 10:26 AM   #42
michaelgvh

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
In other news, is it me, or do you all feel the same way?

When the temps are warm, but still cool, about 50-60 degrees, it seems like the sweet spot for my 330. She just seems to run so perfectly at that temperature for some reason and purrs like a kitten and seems to pull all day long through the RPM range..

anyone else ever notice this? When it's cold, or too hot, it's not the same experience. Maybe it's just because I am most happy around those temps. hmmmmm.
I'm with ya. I think it's for a couple reasons.
1) At those temps it's finally turning into a nice spring so I'm in a better mood anyway and my summer rubber has been applied. Driving is fun again.
2) Cool air is great for your car. You probably already know that cool air is denser and hold more oxygen for your car to burn through. A little colder is good too, but you need to balance of warm enough for good rubber and cold enough to make the car happy.
Sold 1994 325i CAI, software, lowered.
michaelgvh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:29 AM   #43
kamaqazi

My Ride: 00 328i
Send a message via AIM to kamaqazi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam 330ci View Post
Well, as it happens when my car went up on the lift they discovered . . .

. . . both rear shocks are blown!

I'm curious as this could be, considering my Bilsteins were purchased NEW last summer and installed professionally!

So I called my friends at Turner Motorsport where I got them and it appears as though they'll be covered under warranty. Just need to swap out some rear shocks (and maybe buy some new pads & rotors while I'm up in Amesbury . . . ) and I'll be back to BPG for an alignment.

Ahhh these cars. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em . . .

Sam i bought Pss's from Bavauto i have had to replace my rear strust 8 times.

I will never buy bilstein again
Old 04-20-2011, 10:30 AM   #44
michaelgvh

Quote:
you guys think that undoing those bolts on the rear trailing arms to check the bushings is just asking for an alignment? since they are so buried up under the frame, there's no way to inspect them without dropping the trailing arm itself, which uses that camber plate to adjust camber a little. I'm afraid that if i drop it down to inspect it, i'm asking for trouble.

any symptoms of a bad rear trailing arm bushing? i think mine are fine, but at 140K, i wanted to at least inspect them..
When my RTAB's went bad on my E36 it was obvious. It felt like I was really skating around corners, especially curved highway onramps. Accelerating around a corner just didn't feel solid. The play in the bushings was allowing the rear wheels to move a little too independently.

I haven't looked into it for an E46 yet, but I assume they make shims for the RTAB also. After the new bushings and installing shims, the car sat down in corners again like a champ.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #45
michaelgvh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyY View Post
Back from a week in Punta Cana. Picking up my car from Sansossio today. Can't wait to see how she came out.
Quote:
looks awesome, didn't go, but saw pics.

that quote was from Russo replying to a thread started by some noob that was using HORRIBLE english, my god i laughed so hard.

How was Punta Cana?
I'm in the middle of deciding on Punta Cana or North Shore Puerto Rico for a couple days in May? Are you a golfer? If so, did you play while there?
Old 04-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #46
MightyY

My Ride: '05 M3, '08 A6
Punta Cana was awesome. Weather was perfect the whole week. Beaches are amazing. This was the second time I've been there (last time being back in September). Weather right now is perfect. Back in September, it was super humid. This time around I stayed in the platinum suites at the Bavaro Princess and it was great. Never been to Puerto Rico, so I can't compare. I will say that the beaches in Punta Cana are nicer than the ones in the Rivera Maya/Playa Del Carmen area of Mexico.

Outside of the resort is super sketchy and the drivers are crazy. Didn't golf at all.

Last edited by MightyY; 04-20-2011 at 12:21 PM.
MightyY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:07 PM   #47
MightyY

Sansossio did an awesome job. Paint came out great. The PDR guy left no traces of any dings. Phil Sr. was a nice guy to work with. I'd definitely bring the car back there if/when she needs more work.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:23 PM   #48
sunydude

My Ride: Boost
Luan it's looking great, let me know when want to do that shoot :-)

E46 325i - sold
E46 M/// - sold
2011 WRX - sold !!!

Back to BMW :-)
sunydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:15 PM   #49
Sam 330ci

that looks so good! I wonder if they do detail work as well, perhaps I could get my scratch fixed and a detail all in one stop
Old 04-20-2011, 10:48 PM   #50
sna77
OEM ///Member

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Punta Cana was awesome. Weather was perfect the whole week. Beaches are amazing. This was the second time I've been there (last time being back in September). Weather right now is perfect. Back in September, it was super humid. This time around I stayed in the platinum suites at the Bavaro Princess and it was great. Never been to Puerto Rico, so I can't compare. I will say that the beaches in Punta Cana are nicer than the ones in the Rivera Maya/Playa Del Carmen area of Mexico.

Outside of the resort is super sketchy and the drivers are crazy. Didn't golf at all.

I thought Punta Cana was a bit overrated... Although I did love how English was the 3rd language on the island...

If I'm hitting the Caribbean now its to either Turks or somewhere in BVI. Love St. Marteen too. Hate Mexico... Although quite franlkly I'm bored with the Caribbean--next stop is back to the Amalfi Coast, which might be one of the greatest spot on earth...
sna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:27 AM   #51
MightyY

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunydude View Post
Luan it's looking great, let me know when want to do that shoot :-)
Almost done with appearance mods, Sunil. Just waiting on a rear CF diffuser. Then I'll be ready for a shoot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam 330ci View Post
that looks so good! I wonder if they do detail work as well, perhaps I could get my scratch fixed and a detail all in one stop
Thanks, Sam. Give Phil Sr. a call or just drive over. Nice guy. He gave me a quote on the spot.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:48 AM   #52
trizzuth

My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
Quote:
Sansossio did an awesome job. Paint came out great. The PDR guy left no traces of any dings. Phil Sr. was a nice guy to work with. I'd definitely bring the car back there if/when she needs more work.

that deserves to be quoted, cause Daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn that looks incredible!

Hats off to Sansossio! no pics of the CSL trunk?
Old 04-21-2011, 06:11 PM   #53
MightyY

I don't have a CSL trunk. Not really keen on the way they look for the vert. I prefer the OEM with the lip spoiler. I'll post pics of the rear end after I get the new diffuser and exhaust tips installed.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:43 AM   #54
Sam 330ci

Old 04-24-2011, 03:55 PM   #55
JJR4884

Quote:
I don't have a CSL trunk. Not really keen on the way they look for the vert. I prefer the OEM with the lip spoiler. I'll post pics of the rear end after I get the new diffuser and exhaust tips installed.
Feel the same way.... they look so out of place up against the quarter panels, not clean at all...

Dude.... WHERE DID YOU GET THAT FRONT LIP?

I've been dying for a one piece to come out, I guess I missed that train....
Old 04-24-2011, 08:02 PM   #56
MightyY

I got it from the vendor Iconz on M3forum. The lip looks better in person than in the pics.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:17 AM   #57
JJR4884

do they still have them? how much did you pay?
Old 04-25-2011, 08:34 AM   #58
MightyY

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
do they still have them? how much did you pay?
I know they're still making them. I was part of the GB, so I got it for $350ish shipped. I think they're up to $400+shipping now. It's made to fit only the OEM M3 bumper. Not sure if you have OEM or rep.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:56 AM   #59
JJR4884

its a rep.... can't imagine it being THAT difficult to get on there... idk i'll take a look into them and see... i have always wanted the race lip
Old 04-25-2011, 10:00 AM   #60
Sam 330ci

I'm making Mike trade me wine for bumpers russo.