E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-23-2011, 12:34 AM   #21
doshu

My Ride: E46 CI
Send a message via AIM to doshu
I am thinking about doing the same this summer, but also update my extension tank and it's cap and my water pump from turner motorsports with their upgraded series of all these items, I will also probably order their pro pulley kit as well while at it.

The upgraded water pump has steel parts inside instead of plastic not to mention it is more efficient, with pulley kit I am expecting less wear on water pump and at the same time more hp as well.

I hear that oem water pump in time eventually fails, and when it does engine overheats almost instantly. I personally don't care if item is oem or aftermarket I just pick the part that I feel and think is superior. For example, I will not use oem bushings on my car but I will also not use aftermarket control arms either, or I will not use oem fluids but at the same time I would never use after market sensors. IMHO

Last edited by doshu; 04-23-2011 at 12:45 AM.
doshu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
belt, coolant, expansion tank, water pump