E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-23-2011, 12:00 AM   #1
'busa

My Ride: E90 335i (sold)
How can I improve flexibility?

I am stiff as fvck and just in general I've been feeling less mobile and just kind of heavy. What can I do to increase flexibility, fitness or nutrition wise?
Old 04-23-2011, 12:05 AM   #2
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: a franken-e46 325i
Drink vinegar...
Don't know if it really works or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:07 AM   #3
borinka99

My Ride: G35 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to borinka99
Try yoga
Old 04-23-2011, 09:16 AM   #4
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Stretch. Like seriously. I used to barely stretch ever, and now when I herniated my disc I'm stretching everyday. I used to not be able to touch my toes, but now I can touch the balls of my feet. Just remember to keep breathing and not hold your breath lol. Best time to stretch is after your workout. I usually spend about 10 min post wo to stretch my entire body.

Feelsgoodman.jpg
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:22 PM   #5
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by borinka99 View Post
Try yoga
You'll feel like an idiot at first but it does wonders for flexibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:33 PM   #6
Schrock

My Ride: Floaties
Like everything else in the body, in order to elicit a response there must be a stimulus. Stretching is going to be your friend. Nutritionally assuming micronutrients are adequate, there is not much you can do except stay hydrated and get in your healthy fats and sufficient protein.

When talking about stretching it is not just about the muscle but also the joint, ligaments, tendons, and all connective tissue in-between. These structures are much more rigid yet still very ductile. Like I'm sure you know about lifting/exercising, you have to do it regularly in order to see results. Like Matt, I too static stretch after my workouts because a) you aren't losing strength by stretching before a workout and b) it feels like it works the best IMO.

I'm not sure if you're still lifting/working out Busa, but if you're not you will probably get sore the first few times you stretch. This is because you are tearing dilapidated protein structures in your muscles, much like lifting but in a different mode, in which they will be replaced and rebuilt. Whether or not you are following an exercising program, you should try to stretch at least 3X a week to become more flexible. There are lots of stretching programs out there, but more or less stretch what you want to become more flexible. Make sure to cover all joints (back included), and let a foam roller be your friend.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:45 PM   #7
Mike Larry

My Ride: 575 nello
Old 04-23-2011, 04:05 PM   #8
m3oneday

My Ride: FORD EXPLORER
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
Stretch. Like seriously. I used to barely stretch ever, and now when I herniated my disc I'm stretching everyday. I used to not be able to touch my toes, but now I can touch the balls of my feet. Just remember to keep breathing and not hold your breath lol. Best time to stretch is after your workout. I usually spend about 10 min post wo to stretch my entire body.

Feelsgoodman.jpg
Just curious, when you can say you can touch your toes, is it with your knees slightly bent or your knees locked out?

I feel like I might have some lower back problems and wasn't sure if stretching would help, but I can get get almost my palms on the ground with my knees just slightly bent.
m3oneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:11 PM   #9
sillieidiot

My Ride: '06 AW 330ci
Send a message via AIM to sillieidiot
just do yoga, it does wonders

Have a lighting problem? Read this first:
Lighting-related Troubleshooting Guide
sillieidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:18 PM   #10
BMW_Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3oneday View Post
Just curious, when you can say you can touch your toes, is it with your knees slightly bent or your knees locked out?

I feel like I might have some lower back problems and wasn't sure if stretching would help, but I can get get almost my palms on the ground with my knees just slightly bent.
Knees locked, however I rarely do this anymore. It puts excess pressure on the lumbar discs, and considering I'm rehabbing my hurt disc, I avoid it for the most part.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:26 PM   #11
srbija 328i

My Ride: has 262k miles
yoga/
Old 04-24-2011, 12:15 AM   #12
m3oneday

My Ride: FORD EXPLORER
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
Knees locked, however I rarely do this anymore. It puts excess pressure on the lumbar discs, and considering I'm rehabbing my hurt disc, I avoid it for the most part.
Sounds good, I guess I'll just kind of have them sightly bent and just stretch for as long as I can. When I would lock my knees out it would put alot of pressure on my back and I'd be in a good amount of pain during.
m3oneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:34 AM   #13
BMW_Matt

Or just avoid it all together.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:28 AM   #14
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
I agree - Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #15
Mike Larry

My Ride: 575 nello
kushy. be easy