E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #141
E462j

My Ride: 323ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuotedFive View Post
Manual's are for kiddies trying to impress school girls, Auto's win races...

Anyways this stand alone computer for the trans you're talking about... lol

Who's tuning the car? Any idea on final gear ratio? I want to see how this comp works to calcualte slippage from the tq converter to compensate for over reving of the motor to achieve proper shift points. I'm curious to see how a "stand alone" trans comp is going to be able to do these calculations without talking to the main ecu. I mean you do realize your never going to get the speed of an smg shift even on a manual valve body trans. Auto's can shift extremely fast with pre set shift points. I'm curious to see the timing on these shifts with this "controller" your talking about.

What are you using to engine management? Stock gte ecu won't do manual shifts on an auto, at least not well to say the least. Ive never heard of this trans controller. Does it piggy back of the main ecu or do you need a full out standalone ems? Haltech, AEM? Please tell me your not using Map Ecu...

Anyways good luck! Thats one way to solve the Vanos issue lol.

Im running an SAFC II, i heard of people using map ecu wuts the problem with those lol......
ive never driven a SMG but heres a suprastick video. I dont think his tranny is built.

A built a340e transmission ( billet gears, high pressure valve body, lightened accumulators and forward piston) the shifts are insanely fast when the trannys shifting on its own, I mean its like push down the gas pedal and hold on for your life when the 30lbs of boost kicks in!!! the auto holds boost through all gears, the closest thing i can compare it to is a take off in a 747/737 airplane lol. And I was launching with the stock stall converter with i think is like 1800rpm with an open diff. Weir dialing in the boost to around 38lbs, i cant imagine launching with the 3800rpm mutidisc lockup converter in full boost of the line with the new lsd. Im gona need some sticky drag radials.

This is one company but there are more, like level 10 and PCS....still debating
http://www.latentsolutions.com/suprastickuv.html

Thanks

Last edited by E462j; 04-28-2011 at 10:43 AM.
E462j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:17 AM   #142
jlb37388

My Ride: 2000 323i
It has taken me a couple days to read through this whole thread. This thread has me ready to start my own swap, I am finishing up a previous project (rebuilding fiero 3800sc swap I done couple years ago) in the next few months and want to start the 2jz swap in my 2000 323i.
Will the Soarer 5sp shifter align with the shifter hole in the 323 or does it have to be from the Supra?
I know the op is using an automatic as i did in my other car, this one I want to stay with a 5sp. Also I read the Pontiac solstice uses the R154 but would need the 1/2jz bell housing swapped any further info would greatly appreciated and sorry I didn't mean to hijack the thread, just not much info in forums on the swap that I could find that is recent.
jlb37388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:56 PM   #143
QuotedFive

My Ride: ///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by E462j View Post
Im running an SAFC II, i heard of people using map ecu wuts the problem with those lol......

A built a340e transmission ( billet gears, high pressure valve body, lightened accumulators and forward piston) the shifts are insanely fast when the trannys shifting on its own, I mean its like push down the gas pedal and hold on for your life when the 30lbs of boost kicks in!!! the auto holds boost through all gears, the closest thing i can compare it to is a take off in a 747/737 airplane lol. And I was launching with the stock stall converter with i think is like 1800rpm with an open diff. Weir dialing in the boost to around 38lbs, i cant imagine launching with the 3800rpm mutidisc lockup converter in full boost of the line with the new lsd. Im gona need some sticky drag radials.
Map ECU doesn't allow you to change timing.

Drag Radials are pointless I had NT05r's and I ripped them rolling from 60mph on 28lbs. I was running a Borg Warner S372.

Anyways good luck with it dude! Never even looked into built auto's too in love with the v160. The r154's always broke on 1st and 3rd so ya

I can't wait to see this thing run.

Old: 01 GPGT | PT-70 | STr5 cam | Meth
487whp | 425tq - 15lbs Track - 21lbs :)

"If you pull the ebrake all of your girlfriends cloths will come off"- Jeremy Clarkson
QuotedFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:42 PM   #144
E462j

60 PSI boost and meth controller
Photobucket
Old 05-11-2011, 07:39 PM   #145
E462j

Starting the full tranny overhaul !!!
http://www.atfspeed.com/store/index....roducts_id=403

Last edited by E462j; 05-11-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:49 PM   #146
blow me

My Ride: 04 Coupe
Anyone ever put a 5.0 in a E46 yet? Hmmmmmmmm
blow me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:06 PM   #147
CoconutGroveGuy

My Ride: MKIV supra
Send a message via MSN to CoconutGroveGuy Send a message via Skype™ to CoconutGroveGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofingers View Post
except the 2jz can take nearly 800whp on stock internals
DOnt forget, the 2JZ will also be *safer* at that powerlevel, and last longer without problems, than the supercharged M3!
CoconutGroveGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #148
BimmerFerret

My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoconutGroveGuy View Post
DOnt forget, the 2JZ will also be *safer* at that powerlevel, and last longer without problems, than the supercharged M3!
Uh oh, that last part is gonna cause a sh1tstorm. FI M3 owners are very um... passionate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:25 PM   #149
CoconutGroveGuy

My Ride: MKIV supra
Send a message via MSN to CoconutGroveGuy Send a message via Skype™ to CoconutGroveGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerFerret View Post
Uh oh, that last part is gonna cause a sh1tstorm. FI M3 owners are very um... passionate.
Haha... sorry point taken, I'm an '11 so I have lots to learn...

On another topic, anyone know if a car like this can be legally road registered in Kalifornia? I'm moving to the US come August/September, and will be missing the 2JZ powerplant but really like the E46 shell...
CoconutGroveGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:31 PM   #150
djnekkon

My Ride: MB3ci Regensburg Bav
great
djnekkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 11:58 PM   #151
bradferry

My Ride: 03 m3 CSL
how hard is it too do the actual computer or rewiring to convert to the 2j?
i have been thinking about parting with my s54 motor and trans and just going with either a 1j auto trans or 2j 5speed or 6.
I've done a minor rewire on a e55 swap into a e500 w211 not saying it was done right but it atleast started and everything but still had too send that out to get rewired. something with the amg computers and everything, usually cant be just plug-and-play usually needs to be reprogrammed.

my question is if i went with the auto 1z , 2jz
would i still have to run a stand alone computer?
or is it something that needs to be piggy backed?

i would like to sc or tc but , i would like to have save money..
im not trying to make huge numbers either , as it would be daily driven as long as i have more than 350

looking to bag it also on the stock 19's ..

its all about the wow factor..

Last edited by bradferry; 11-28-2013 at 11:59 PM.
bradferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:10 AM   #152
NPVR6

My Ride: 540i-6, 328i
Holy thread revival Batman!!

You should do an LS Swap and pickup a custom wiring harness.
540i-6 - High Flow cats-Custom Headers-Magnaflow Muffler.-Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODEHBOY View Post
Person B needs some D in their A.
NPVR6 is offline   Reply With Quote