E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2011, 09:33 PM   #1
M3_POWER

My Ride: 2005 M3
**Best Bang For Buck Over & Under Shotgun For Trap Shooting?**

I use to shoot a little trap in college and fell in love with it. Recently I've been having an itch to buy my own gun and start shooting again. Any recommendations on what to buy and where would be awesome! Looking for something 1K-800 and below...
Old 05-02-2011, 09:59 PM   #2
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
I shoot an over under huglu. Its kacis dads but I don't have the money to buy one yet. She shoots a remongton 1100 and her bro shots a beneli there not o/u though. The hug shoots amazing for me. I started shooting trap last year gone maybe a dozen times and never break less then like 17a round usually hit 20 with the huglu. I recommend it highly. Only one I personally have a decent amount of time, shooting everything else is semi auto.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:08 PM   #3
M3_POWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
I shoot an over under huglu. Its kacis dads but I don't have the money to buy one yet. She shoots a remongton 1100 and her bro shots a beneli there not o/u though. The hug shoots amazing for me. I started shooting trap last year gone maybe a dozen times and never break less then like 17a round usually hit 20 with the huglu. I recommend it highly. Only one I personally have a decent amount of time, shooting everything else is semi auto.

Nice Adam.... Never knew you shot too. Was looking at some 1100s, which are pretty sweet.... Heard great things with the browning citori series and also with the berettas... How much is that huglu?

BTW how is life going with no COD BO?
Old 05-02-2011, 10:25 PM   #4
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

The 1100 is awesome..heard great things about the browning which is probably what I'm going to buy whenever I can, which won't be for awhile . Heard great things about the berettas too.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:51 PM   #5
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Shot 1100 last week. Nice gun.

I guess the best thing for you to do is go to the range and rent a few ones and see what you like best.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:32 AM   #6
M3_POWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
The 1100 is awesome..heard great things about the browning which is probably what I'm going to buy whenever I can, which won't be for awhile . Heard great things about the berettas too.

clay shooting is one damn expensive sport though...... Oh well, it's totally worth it though. Super fun...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
Shot 1100 last week. Nice gun.

I guess the best thing for you to do is go to the range and rent a few ones and see what you like best.
Great advice. I can't believe I never thought of that.

Now the question is, any suggestions on where to buy? Online shops? Was thinking about going used as well.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:48 AM   #7
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
The Remington 1100 is a good gun for trap/clays. It's heavier, so that will help with smooth follow-through.
In terms of O/U shotguns, there's not much in the range of sub-$1k that is really good quality. You can find some great deals on used shotguns though, and that's definitely a good area to explore. Just understand that regardless of new or used status, trap/skeet shotguns tend to command a higher price tag due to longer barrels, different wood grains on the stocks, higher ribs, and other optioning. You can find some nice used Weatherby Orions or Ruger Red Labels for around a grand or just under. Maybe even a Browning Citori or two in decent shape. Don't pass over the used market. GunsAmerica.com and Gunbroker.com are good places to look around and search for options.

Personally, I'm a Beretta O/U and Benelli auto guy.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:54 AM   #8
BMW_Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_POWER View Post
clay shooting is one damn expensive sport though...... Oh well, it's totally worth it though. Super fun...

Now the question is, any suggestions on where to buy? Online shops? Was thinking about going used as well.
I have heard great things about budsgunshop.com they also sell used.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:01 AM   #9
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Haha we have a pretty good place to go its fun. Round are only 3-4 dollars each and I have about 30boxes of shells to shoot right now. Sheriff that comes in my crabhouse, brings me shells all summer long and I steam his crabs he catches for him.

The huglu he got for around 1k but his nephewbought it for him on document overseas at their factory so probably a lot more here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_POWER View Post

Old 05-03-2011, 10:43 AM   #10
BMW_Matt

Adam, where at? Pg trap and skeet is pretty far from you but it's only $5 a round for trap/skeet/sporting clays and has like at least 15 stations!
Old 05-03-2011, 11:54 AM   #11
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

I work in westminster and my gfs parents live out there There's a little local gun club, north carol gun club That we go to every wednesday night its open to public good people there

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
Adam, where at? Pg trap and skeet is pretty far from you but it's only $5 a round for trap/skeet/sporting clays and has like at least 15 stations!