E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-03-2011, 02:09 PM   #41
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

My Ride: Euro
Send a message via AIM to Don Nguyen
I vinyl wrapped the window trim on this E39 5 series in gloss black material. This car belongs to a fellow Orange County/Cerritos member. The owner of this car originally had the window trim painted, but it kept flaking off, and he had to reapply the paint about two or three times a year. So he asked me vinyl his window trim, for a longer lasting solution. So far so good, and this was several months ago.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Don Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:31 PM   #42
tuscan1205

My Ride: 325CI
Can you please post up some more gloss black pictures. Thanks.

'02 Orient Blue 325Ci
tuscan1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:36 PM   #43
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I'll see what I have. Most usually go with matte black.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:24 PM   #44
islanq

My Ride: An E46 like you...
Send a message via AIM to islanq
What would be the cost roughly to CF wrap a roof w/ sunroof?

CLICK Link to pics in sig w/ story!
islanq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:50 PM   #45
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I think I sent you a pm already islanq, if not, let me know.

Found some more pictures for you tuscan.

I vinyled the window trim on this E90 a while back, in my gloss black vinyl material. The owner of this car actually lived in Irvine as well, and was probably only 5 miles away from me. I don't do the gloss black vinyl for the window trims very often, but I thought it turned out nice on this car. 95% of guys go with the matte black vinyl finish for the window trims usually. Also note, my window trim wraps are seamless, all the way around.

Let me know what you guys think.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 06-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #46
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Interestingly enough, this is the first wagon that I've done the window trim on. We went with the matte black vinyl material for his window trim, for his black E46 325i wagon/touring.. The owner of this car was located around in the Garden Grove/Orange County area. I thought that blacked out/shadowline window trim changed the look of this particular car quite dramatically. I think it's partially due to the fact that it was a wagon, and that it had more chrome pieces than a sedan/coupe that I normally do has.

Here's a quick before picture.

Here's the after results.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-19-2011, 03:12 PM   #47
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

This is a red E92 BMW 328i coupe that I vinyl wrapped the window trim in my matte black material and also tinted/smoked his tail lights with my film. The blacked out window trim really toned down the strong contrast between the bright red and bright chrome. We also decided to go with tinting the whole tail light to give it a consistent finish across the whole tail light, versus just doing the red or white part only. The owner of this car was out in the Fontana/Inland Empire area. As you can also see, everything is done seamlessly, all as a single piece.

-Don

Donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #48
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Been blacking out quite a few window trims lately, to give it that shadow trim look. Here's pictures of an alpine white BMW E46 330(?) of a member on here. We decided to go with my matte black vinyl material for the window trim on his car. It matched the wheels and theme of the car fairly well. Really toned down the bright chrome, even on this alpine white E46.

Before:

After:

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-10-2011, 12:13 PM   #49
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Tinted/smoked tail lights on this white Mercedes Benz CLK. This is the same film as I used in all of the other pictures in this thread. It may look a bit darker, but that's just due to the contrast with the car and lighting at the time these pictures were taking.

-Don

Donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #50
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

This is a black Mercedes Benz CLS 550 that I blacked out his chrome window trim with my matte black vinyl material, which runs along the top and bottom edges of the window. Everything is done seamlessly and all in one piece, to give it that factory look. The owner of this car was somewhere closer to San Diego, and drove up to me in Orange County to have me do the vinyl work on his car for him.

If you guys want to see any specific pictures or have me take anything at a certain angle/area, let me know, and I'll do my best to get it for you next time.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 10-12-2011, 07:37 PM   #51
djray

My Ride: 01 BMW325CI
Whats the cost for black out window trim on my 325CI? pm me, im local.
djray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:25 PM   #52
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

PM sent.

-Don
Old 10-14-2011, 02:28 AM   #53
Kris.R

My Ride: 2012 Dodge Charger
Cost to do my 330ci also please?

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

-Abraham Lincoln-
Kris.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:29 AM   #54
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

I am in socal, a bit far from norcal
Old 10-14-2011, 01:46 PM   #55
Kris.R

My Ride: 2012 Dodge Charger
Well, whenever you make an appearance up here again lol

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

-Abraham Lincoln-
Kris.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:48 PM   #56
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Sure, shoot me a PM.

I've had some E46 norcal members make a trip down here to get the vinyl work done as well

-Don
Old 10-15-2011, 01:55 PM   #57
w0w

My Ride: '02 M3 Vert
you're the man don! you did an amazing job on that cls
Old 10-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #58
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Thanks

Here is a white BMW E93 M3 convertible that I vinyl wrapped the chrome window trim to give it the shadowline/blacked out look. Convertibles are a bit more tedious to do since there are so many separate pieces, but it's doable. We went with the matte black to give it a more subtle look and blend in with the rubber weather pieces that are around the window trim pieces. I believe the owner of this car was either around in Orange County or near the Los Angeles area and he came out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl work done. It was a pretty new car. Still had the red striped Euro plate on it.

Before:

After:

-Don

Donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #59
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

Haven't had much of a chance to post pictures in a while, but finally getting some time to do so again.

Here's a black Mercedes Benz C300 that came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange county to have his window trim vinyl wrapped in matte black. We blacked out the chrome on his car. Unlike BMWs, the Mercedes does not have the shadowline/black trim option.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com
Old 12-07-2011, 02:12 PM   #60
Don Nguyen
Regional Sponsor

It's not often I get bigger bodied cars like this E65 745il come by to have vinyl work done on their cars. However, the owner of this car contacted me to see if I could black out the chrome on his window trim, to give it the shadowline look. We ended up going with the matte black finish over the gloss black finish so that it'd match the rubber around the windows and the already matte door pillar pieces. The owner of this car was from Los Angeles area and drove out to me in Orange County to have the vinyl work done.

-Don

donathon@gmail.com