E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.64 average.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:35 PM   #1081
MATT0404
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 69
My Ride: F800GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
I've seen the Two Brothers before, but I'm drawing a blank on The Matilda. Who makes it and what style?
MATT0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:40 PM   #1082
Top_Bunk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cbus!
Posts: 1,428
My Ride: Ram-Air Nylon
It is a fantastic Belgian Pale from Goose Island... which means... (gasp) it is now made by AB-Inbev
Top_Bunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:47 PM   #1083
mistrzmiasta
I screwed up and can't post
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 999
My Ride: GLK350,ML63, Duc1098
weiss and belgian ales are matilda had a unique taste to it. the only way i can describe it is it tasted like a little IPA mixed with a belgian ale.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #1084
brew
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Oregon
Posts: 347
My Ride: Sequoia X5 MR2 G20
Confession time: Although I'm a big aficionado of beer, particularly big IPA's and IIPA's, over the last two weeks I have been enjoying buying cans of cheap, shitty beer and making shandies with them. I've been buying 24 oz cans of Steel Reserve (half the price of bud, 8.3% ABV) and mixing it 2:1 with lemonade for a happy hour cocktail. Pretty good actually.
brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:41 PM   #1085
JJR4884
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nowhere
Posts: 18,183
My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by brew View Post
Confession time: Although I'm a big aficionado of beer, particularly big IPA's and IIPA's, over the last two weeks I have been enjoying buying cans of cheap, shitty beer and making shandies with them. I've been buying 24 oz cans of Steel Reserve (half the price of bud, 8.3% ABV) and mixing it 2:1 with lemonade for a happy hour cocktail. Pretty good actually.
Look up raddlers... they are half beer half lemonade, had them out in germany years back. Mmmmmmmmm
__________________
JJR4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:18 AM   #1086
brew
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Oregon
Posts: 347
My Ride: Sequoia X5 MR2 G20
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
Look up raddlers... they are half beer half lemonade, had them out in germany years back. Mmmmmmmmm
My wife drinks Corona Light. Last night I took two of them and we each took a hearty swig, then I added 2 oz of Lunazul tequila and some margarita mix and lime wedges to each bottle to make a couple of margaritas to-go. Very tasty.
brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:22 AM   #1087
joeski3d
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 519
My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by brew View Post
My wife drinks Corona Light. Last night I took two of them and we each took a hearty swig, then I added 2 oz of Lunazul tequila and some margarita mix and lime wedges to each bottle to make a couple of margaritas to-go. Very tasty.
__________________

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:25 AM   #1088
BMWDon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: MD
Posts: 2,984
My Ride: Needs a cage
cheladas! bud/bud light mixed with clamato....then I upscale it and mix a better beer and mr./mrs T. bloody mary mix....a red eye without the egg....slummin' it I guess
__________________
BMWDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:50 PM   #1089
bioman
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: S.California
Posts: 81
My Ride: is fast.
Alright, can one of aficionados give me recommendations on good dual tap kegerators? $1k budget, best one available. Needs to be reliable, efficient and have a good design. If I could spend less, than great! Will be in an office.

Thanks.
bioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #1090
cowmoo32
drunken science
 
cowmoo32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 5,532
My Ride: Trek 1.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
Look up raddlers... they are half beer half lemonade, had them out in germany years back. Mmmmmmmmm
Raddler is beer/coke correct? I remember drinking those and the ones with lemonade in Germany but can't remember the names.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brew View Post
My wife drinks Corona Light. Last night I took two of them and we each took a hearty swig, then I added 2 oz of Lunazul tequila and some margarita mix and lime wedges to each bottle to make a couple of margaritas to-go. Very tasty.
Yellow Jacket - Drink the neck out of a corona, fill back up with bacardi limon And a 6 pack will fvck your world
__________________

flickher

What's this about a brownie in motion?
cowmoo32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:15 PM   #1091
joeski3d
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 519
My Ride: 2000 323i
A place right down the road from my place of employment is carrying this:



Ratebeer Rated 100 Points.
Beer Advocate : "A" "Outstanding"

Utopias is made with caramel, Vienna, Moravian and Bavarian smoked malts, and four of the five varieties of noble hops: Hallertauer Mittelfrüh, Tettnanger, Spalter, and Saaz hops. The beer is aged in scotch, cognac and port barrels for the better part of a year. A limited number of bottles are released each year-in 2007, only 12,000 bottles were produced, and in 2009, only 9,000 bottles were released.

The 2011 batch of Utopias was blended using the sherry casks (from Spain and Madeira) and the port casks (from Portugal), some of which have been resting for 18 years.


And they are asking $199 per bottle...
__________________

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #1092
Top_Bunk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cbus!
Posts: 1,428
My Ride: Ram-Air Nylon
Buy it. That beer is an investment.


Better than silver


Seriously though, it will be worth a lot more than that in a few years. Past vintages have doubled or tripled in value.
Top_Bunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:22 PM   #1093
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 4,758
My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeski3d View Post
A place right down the road from my place of employment is carrying this:



Ratebeer Rated 100 Points.
Beer Advocate : "A" "Outstanding"

Utopias is made with caramel, Vienna, Moravian and Bavarian smoked malts, and four of the five varieties of noble hops: Hallertauer Mittelfrüh, Tettnanger, Spalter, and Saaz hops. The beer is aged in scotch, cognac and port barrels for the better part of a year. A limited number of bottles are released each year-in 2007, only 12,000 bottles were produced, and in 2009, only 9,000 bottles were released.

The 2011 batch of Utopias was blended using the sherry casks (from Spain and Madeira) and the port casks (from Portugal), some of which have been resting for 18 years.


And they are asking $199 per bottle...
If i find a local place selling it i'd buy a bottle in a heart beat. My gf's brother, dad and I have been talking about buying a bottle to try as soon as we can source it near us
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 10:27 AM   #1094
MATT0404
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 69
My Ride: F800GS
I picked up a sampler of Sam Adams Latitude 48 IPA last night. I've had it before, but in the non-sampler variety. I didn't realize what the guy meant by "sample pack" before I bought it, but each bottle is brewed with different hop varieties. There's Zeus, Simcoe, East Kent Golding, Hallertau, Ahtanum, and the traditional Latitude 48 which uses them all. They're all pretty solid beers and it's nice to sample them side by side, or back to back. You can really differentiate between the different hop "personalities".
MATT0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:21 PM   #1095
brew
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Oregon
Posts: 347
My Ride: Sequoia X5 MR2 G20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bioman View Post
Alright, can one of aficionados give me recommendations on good dual tap kegerators? $1k budget, best one available. Needs to be reliable, efficient and have a good design. If I could spend less, than great! Will be in an office.

Thanks.
Most people build their own from parts - since they can build exactly what they want. If you want built-in kegerators, it gets a little complicated because of air flow. I had a Summit built-in that was great. It had an extra squirrel fan installed in the back, so it could suck cool air in from under the front of the kegerator, so you could install it with zero clearance around the edges. I ordered the single faucet model from micromatics and then ordered a dual faucet tower and parts from Keg Connection (those guys are awesome, by the way).

My kegerator:



101 pages of custom kegerators at HomeBrewTalk.com: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/show...gerator-29053/

Keg Connection:
http://stores.kegconnection.com/StoreFront.bok
- they sell pre-built kegerators, too.

Oh, and don't buy a commercial kegerator because they are really loud.

Last edited by brew; 05-06-2011 at 01:25 PM.
brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:14 PM   #1096
trizzuth
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Rondoland
Posts: 5,093
My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
Quote:
Originally Posted by brew View Post
Most people build their own from parts - since they can build exactly what they want. If you want built-in kegerators, it gets a little complicated because of air flow. I had a Summit built-in that was great. It had an extra squirrel fan installed in the back, so it could suck cool air in from under the front of the kegerator, so you could install it with zero clearance around the edges. I ordered the single faucet model from micromatics and then ordered a dual faucet tower and parts from Keg Connection (those guys are awesome, by the way).

My kegerator:



101 pages of custom kegerators at HomeBrewTalk.com: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/show...gerator-29053/

Keg Connection:
http://stores.kegconnection.com/StoreFront.bok
- they sell pre-built kegerators, too.

Oh, and don't buy a commercial kegerator because they are really loud.

holy faaaawwwwkkkkk. I'd be dead if i had one of those! That thing is AMAZING>>>>!
__________________
trizzuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:28 PM   #1097
yellowssm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: las vegas,nv
Posts: 2,067
My Ride: 2005 M3
Had this at a local steakhouse and wanted more. Kinda reminded me of Goose Island bourbon county stout just not as strong and not as flavorful. The beer is Joseph James Russian Imperial Stout aged in bourbon barrels. Brewery is local here in Nevada but I had the hardest time finding it. One guys said it was a limited run of only 45 cases. I found a case and bought them all!

__________________
yellowssm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #1098
coco savage
Registered User
 
coco savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CFBMW.org
Posts: 1,361
My Ride: 325i
just had a growler of this


a 6 pack of this(def refreshing/different tasting beer):


a pint of this:


a pint of this:



all were def good, with all but the first being a nice change of pace to other beers i have had.
__________________
**LINK:BUY MY E46 Parts**

Random Images


Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.

Last edited by coco savage; 05-13-2011 at 09:58 PM.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:49 PM   #1099
MATT0404
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 69
My Ride: F800GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowssm View Post
Had this at a local steakhouse and wanted more. Kinda reminded me of Goose Island bourbon county stout just not as strong and not as flavorful. The beer is Joseph James Russian Imperial Stout aged in bourbon barrels. Brewery is local here in Nevada but I had the hardest time finding it. One guys said it was a limited run of only 45 cases. I found a case and bought them all!
Nice, looks tasty! I have a thing for barrel aged stouts

Well, actually, barrel aged anything
MATT0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:33 AM   #1100
silvergray
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MI
Posts: 750
My Ride: 325i
Love this stuff. Always served with a slice of orange.

__________________
silvergray is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use