E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld

Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
dkuchta

My Ride: 325cic
Front Sway bar links for HR cup Kit-Race springs

I just replaced my front control arms on my 01 325vert, and found my shocks were done- and rear spring broken..

So I installed the HR cup kit- My front sway bar links seem to be binding as I turn hard- while driving slow- say into a driveway or parking spot.

I read there are some after market, - oem- SS impala ones ex.. looking to see what others have used.

I have taken suggestions of using parts.. that may or may not work, and now have some left over misc (NEW) parts I can't return.. so dont want to do that again.

any suggestions or advice?
dkuchta is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #2
dkuchta

Well, I kept searching.. Thanks for the help

I ordered the Moog K6662 which from I rear appear to be an upgrade for the impala ss as well.. hope they work out, will see this weekend.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #3
ECSTuning
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW
Can't go wrong with upgraded MEYLE HD End links...

The sway bar on your vehicle is essentially a connection between the left and right lower control arms. When you take a corner in your vehicle, the sway bars flex and rebound like a spring. Stock bars give a stock performance.

If the sway bar links are broken or worn, the system doesn't work as it should. Replace your end links with one from Meyle and get all the performance characteristics back. New end links help you take turns better with less body roll. A great way to refresh your suspension.

Some symptoms of failure are loose cornering, knocking noises, and a sloppy feeling when hitting bumps. They are very easy to replace, and can be done by any automotive enthusiast.

Click HERE for more information.

Please let us know if you have any questions! Feel free to shoot me a PM or email.

Best,
Joe

Have questions? Need answers? Live Chat us! 8:30am to 12:00am Midnight EST
sales@ecstuning.com | customerservice@ecstuning.com
Customer Service Hours: M - F 8:00am - 8:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
Sales Team Hours: M - F 8:00am - 11:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST | 800.924.5172
Do you love surveys? Click HERE to take our Customer Satisfaction Survey!
ECSTuning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #4
dkuchta

Yes but your performance sway bar links are the same size as oem? which dont seem to 100% fit with a 2" drop? Unless you can prove otherwise?
Old 05-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #5
FTWeisse

My Ride: has no hip-hop rimz
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkuchta View Post
Unless you can prove otherwise?
Disregard the misinformation in this thread. I'm not even going to bother explaining why you need endlinks - it's obvious - and judging from your comments, you know it's obvious too. Get the following links:

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-38...inks-pair.aspx

If you still have questions, call Turner and ask them - but all they'll tell you is what you already suspect...

Last edited by FTWeisse; 05-15-2011 at 04:44 PM.
FTWeisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:18 PM   #6
dkuchta

Didn't need adjustable, as my suspension isn't adjustable. I went with the Moog, got them on and they work great. Was $40 from amazon. Big diff in size as well
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mail.google.com.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	403815