E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld

Suspension & Braking Forum by BimmerWorld
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-18-2011, 07:29 AM   #1
King Kashi

My Ride: 06 BMW 330Ci M54 Eur
Stress Bar, Strut Bar, Sway Bar, Anti Roll Bar ????

Hey guys, im going to be putting in ROKKOR coilovers in my e46, and im just worried about the coils blowing from to much load or stress on the suspension, mostly in the REAR, i got a 2 12" subwoofer box in the trunk with the Alpine Type R's (Close To 100 LBS) I was wondering what would do the job from taking all that load/stress away from the rear coils ??????????

Also lets say example, i got a UPPER FRONT STRUT BAR or SWAY BAR, would i also need to but the LOWER STRUT or ARM or SWAY BAR too ? or i can just put one ? or does it have to be both ?

thanks guys !

Kash.
King Kashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:31 AM   #2
King Kashi

the load from the 2 SUBWOOFER box and lets say 2 ppl in the BACK SEATS ????
Old 05-18-2011, 08:26 AM   #3
paraklas
OEM ///Member

My Ride: ESS TS2 320ci
You got the terms confused. There is no upper front/rear sway bar. Your car has 2 anti-roll aka sway-bars; one on the front axle and one on the rear axle. The upper bar you are referring to is the common "strut bar" which does NOT replace anything at all and it's merely installed as an accessory most of the times.

If you are worried about the coilovers blowing, I'd suggest getting a brand name instead of cheap stuff. There's nothing you can do to remove load from the springs/shocks unless you drag it with you
Old 05-18-2011, 08:30 AM   #4
King Kashi

^^thanks for ur help bro, so the ANTI ROLL bar or LOWER ARM BAR would NOT help out with the LOAD/STRESS on the coils ?? other then that all the bars are pretty much just accessories as ur saying ?