E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 10:39 PM   #61
JDCBMW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 107
My Ride: BMW 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng View Post
Ok, I'm being Punk'd right? Are you one of the cast members of Jersey Shore?
Haha...look up some stats
Seems as though your lacking knowledge in simple economics.




Sent from my ______ using BimmerApp
JDCBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:40 PM   #62
JDCBMW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 107
My Ride: BMW 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowborder142190 View Post
Just because the state is doesnt mean you are.
Yeah I'm not going to get in a despute over wealth on a forum, bc you will never know...


Sent from my ______ using BimmerApp
JDCBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:40 PM   #63
Herbalicious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 364
My Ride: 330ci, M3, Z06
Not for nothing but I have a VERY good job, a very nice home, several nice cars, and have very little debt! I buy what I have because I can afford it!
I assume since you are so frugal in your life style everything in your life is simple and basic right....
Including your car which I believe is a BMW not a Kia, or Hyundai...
Herbalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:40 PM   #64
kpeng
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 25,675
My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCBMW View Post
Haha...look up some stats
Seems as though your lacking knowledge in simple economics.




Sent from my ______ using BimmerApp
Seems as though you're lacking knowledge in simple contractions.

You really want to keep playing this game?
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:41 PM   #65
snowborder142190
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Naples, Fl
Posts: 590
My Ride: 08 335i coupe '09 m6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCBMW View Post
Yeah I'm not going to get in a despute over wealth on a forum, bc you will never know...


Sent from my ______ using BimmerApp
Ok that's fine, then leave and make sure you take your Sony with you.
__________________
snowborder142190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:41 PM   #66
JDCBMW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 107
My Ride: BMW 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbalicious View Post
Not for nothing but I have a VERY good job, a very nice home, several nice cars, and have very little debt! I buy what I have because I can afford it!
I assume since you are so frugal in your life style everything in your life is simple and basic right....
Including your car which I believe is a BMW not a Kia, or Hyundai...
Touché


Sent from my ______ using BimmerApp
JDCBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:42 PM   #67
JDCBMW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 107
My Ride: BMW 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng View Post
Seems as though you're lacking knowledge in simple contractions.

You really want to keep playing this game?
Your wrong.


Sent from my ______ using BimmerApp
JDCBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:43 PM   #68
JDCBMW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 107
My Ride: BMW 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowborder142190 View Post
Ok that's fine, then leave and make sure you take your Sony with you.
....


Sent from my ______ using BimmerApp
JDCBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:45 PM   #69
Herbalicious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 364
My Ride: 330ci, M3, Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCBMW View Post
Touché


Sent from my ______ using BimmerApp

???
Your point?

Last edited by Herbalicious; 05-23-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Herbalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:45 PM   #70
JDCBMW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 107
My Ride: BMW 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbalicious View Post
???
Look it up.


Sent from my ______ using BimmerApp
JDCBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:47 PM   #71
Herbalicious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 364
My Ride: 330ci, M3, Z06
Look what up?
Herbalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:48 PM   #72
snowborder142190
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Naples, Fl
Posts: 590
My Ride: 08 335i coupe '09 m6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbalicious View Post
Look what up?
Don't humor him.
__________________
snowborder142190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:49 PM   #73
Herbalicious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 364
My Ride: 330ci, M3, Z06
Curious to see what this kid talking about...thats all! Bored
Herbalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:28 PM   #74
albuyeh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 49
My Ride: 325i 2001
Ok break it up you guys

I have pretty much decided to get a newer OEM head unit that supports Aux. Can someone tell me which of these can support Aux?
And many people have been recommending dice kits to me but I do not have an iPod, I have a Zune. Would it be possible to control the song selection on my Zune from my steering wheel control?
albuyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:31 PM   #75
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,029
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Dynavin will make your car sound like god is singing. The sound quality is that amazing. If you get it, you have to play this over and over



It's the only thing that comes close to the splendor of dynavin.
__________________

435 Horsepower 328Ci
Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:39 PM   #76
waynedude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 27
My Ride: 2003 M3 Convertable
Just a note to albuyeh, If you want to do it on the cheap, you can ad the factory aux jack (costs like $50) and is super easy to install to the factory head unit. You could then use your zune or whatever over your current system. You still have to control song choice from the zune/ipod/phone, but volume is from the factory controls. I plug it into my evo. the navigation, audio, and phone calls come over the OEM sound system, and works perfectly for $50 and an hour of time. I have the HK on my M3 Vert, and plan on spending some bucks for the BSW stage 1 speaker replacements and sub.

I have an android Dynavin that I haven't installed yet... next week. for $650 you cant beat a full nav system with bluetooth, sound system, and perfect factory look.. I welcome you to find someone who will want to buy your Bimmer after you hacked the dash up to put in some pioneer or kenwood that will never even look close to OEM. I have yet to see a clean install of any aftermarket stereo that looked good in a BMW.

You could also spring for a dice, to get all the connectivity you could dream of, but you have to give up your trunk changer I think (not a huge loss..).. You could put more music on a 64Gb usb card than all of the discs in your changer.

Just my thoughts.. Good luck!
waynedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:01 AM   #77
gueste46
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,607
Hey guys,

As a fanatic from Australia I was enjoying this thread as I am interested in upgrading my sound and nav but then it turned into the Civil War. It was interesting, entertaining but ultimately not helpful. But I have gleaned some useful information from some of these posts.

I also learned that New Jersey (Noo Joisey) is the richest state of the Union?
gueste46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:05 AM   #78
albuyeh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: California
Posts: 49
My Ride: 325i 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedude View Post
Just a note to albuyeh, If you want to do it on the cheap, you can ad the factory aux jack (costs like $50) and is super easy to install to the factory head unit. You could then use your zune or whatever over your current system. You still have to control song choice from the zune/ipod/phone, but volume is from the factory controls. I plug it into my evo. the navigation, audio, and phone calls come over the OEM sound system, and works perfectly for $50 and an hour of time. I have the HK on my M3 Vert, and plan on spending some bucks for the BSW stage 1 speaker replacements and sub.

I have an android Dynavin that I haven't installed yet... next week. for $650 you cant beat a full nav system with bluetooth, sound system, and perfect factory look.. I welcome you to find someone who will want to buy your Bimmer after you hacked the dash up to put in some pioneer or kenwood that will never even look close to OEM. I have yet to see a clean install of any aftermarket stereo that looked good in a BMW.

You could also spring for a dice, to get all the connectivity you could dream of, but you have to give up your trunk changer I think (not a huge loss..).. You could put more music on a 64Gb usb card than all of the discs in your changer.

Just my thoughts.. Good luck!
Do you mean buying this kit (scroll down to 82 11 0 149 389)

I would buy the dice kit but that is meant for iPods and I have a zune

I also found this for my Zune. What benefits does this have compared to not having it.
albuyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:10 AM   #79
Herbalicious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 364
My Ride: 330ci, M3, Z06
2nd richest state behind Maryland....also of note is the fact that according to Forbes 39% of New Jersey residents are originally from the cities of New York or Philadelphia. The only reason they reside in NJ is due to the low property taxes and ability to commute into these cities! I guess Newark or Camden don't cut it for jobs!

Any way check out the Kenwood Excelon line of products...won't be sorry!
Herbalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:12 AM   #80
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow
 
2000_328CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Isla de Muerta | DC/VA
Posts: 29,029
My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Maryland rocks. So does the Dynavin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhh dynavin is amazingngngngngngnng
__________________

435 Horsepower 328Ci
Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use