E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 10:50 PM   #1
paulkeith

My Ride: 02 psd
I will buy your ZHP if.......

.....you have the one I want. And you want to sell it, of course.

I'm looking for a ZHP fitting the following specs:

"100% must meet" requirements:

Color: Silvergray or Blue
Body: Sedan
Transmission: 6MT
Interior: Black - leather or alcantara
Options: Navigation, Xenons, Sunroof

If it doesn't fit every one of the above criteria, I'm not interested. I have no reason to rush the purchase so I'm totally fine if it take 6 months for the right one to show up. I've compromised on every car purchase I've ever made, and it always bothers me during ownership. Not this time.

Would prefer bone stock, but milds mods are OK. No FI, etc. Would also prefer low miles (<75k or so) but will consider excellent condition higher mileage examples. Silver or black cube trim does not matter, heated seats do not matter, cold weather package does not matter.

Will buy anywhere in the USA. Price I'm willing to pay is flexible for miles/condition/convenience, etc. I'm not looking to lowball. I want a well maintained enthusiast owned car and will pay appropriately. This will be my 4th BMW so no concerns on it going to a rookie.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Last edited by paulkeith; 08-31-2010 at 10:51 PM.
paulkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:30 PM   #2
dekaliber

My Ride: '07 Z4MC, '06 ZHP
Navigation seems rare on these cars, but SG/black is a pretty common color combo. There was a super clean example that sold a couple of months ago near me with 15K miles, so the gems are out there. It will take some patience, as you know, but you'll find the right car. Good luck!
Old 05-25-2011, 10:54 AM   #3
paulkeith

8 months later, I'm still looking. Ready to purchase by mid June and into July.

Still want a ZHP, but in the meantime my wants have adjusted a little.

Required:
Color: Silvergray or Blue
Body: Sedan
Transmission: 6MT
Interior: Black - leather or alcantara
Options: Xenons, Sunroof, Heated Seats
Docs: Complete documentation and mx records
No accidents or paint work

Wants:
Options: Navigation, Fold Down Seats
Miles: Prefer <75k but will consider impeccably documented higher mile examples
Mods: Mild to none

Still willing to travel in the lower 48.

Last edited by paulkeith; 05-25-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:05 PM   #4
kermitthefloer

My Ride: 04 330ci/ 99 S70
check zhpregistry and zhpmafia.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:07 PM   #5
Gheybe

My Ride: F80 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kermitthefloer View Post
check zhpregistry and zhpmafia.
This.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:23 PM   #6
paulkeith

Got my eye on both, but thanks for the advice.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:55 PM   #7
Bake

My Ride: AW F10 535 M-Sport
I got what you are looking for! Silvergray sedan, 6MT, gray leather, xenons, sunroof, heated seats, fold down seats, 88k, but no NAV. I am an enthusiast (obviously if I am here) and take very good care of the car. I purchased the car in October 2009 and am the 3rd owner (first owner found the car a bit too harsh for his taste so the 2nd owner had the car the majority of it's life, from less than 10K till 74k) All maintenance is up to date except the cooling system which I plan to do this summer. Mods on the car are very mild as I do not like heavily modified cars. If you are interested, make me an offer. Just looking for a reason to pick up a 5 series.

Last edited by Bake; 05-25-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #8
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bake View Post
I got what you are looking for! Silvergray sedan, 6MT, gray leather, xenons, sunroof, heated seats, fold down seats, 88k, but no NAV. I am an enthusiast (obviously if I am here) and take very good care of the car. I purchased the car in October 2009 and am the 3rd owner (first owner found the car a bit too harsh for his taste so the 2nd owner had the car the majority of it's life, from less than 10K till 74k) All maintenance is up to date except the cooling system which I plan to do this summer. Mods on the car are very mild as I do not like heavily modified cars. If you are interested, make me an offer. Just looking for a reason to pick up a 5 series.
op do it
Steven747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:52 PM   #9
paulkeith

This is going to make me sound difficult, but black interior is pretty much a hard and fast requirement for me. I'd consider one of the cinnamon or sand options, but gray is just not my taste. Sorry! I do thank you thank you for your input though.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:09 PM   #10
Bake

My Ride: AW F10 535 M-Sport
You are going to have a rough time my friend. My car is likely the closest you will find to your specs in a while. You would have an easier time, retroffiting OEM Nav and swapping for black leather. Those are two things you could probably get done within a few months if you kept your eyes open on the classifieds. You will likely wait another year to get the ZHP you are looking for. Anyhow good luck with your search, 6 speed ZHP sedans are awesome cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkeith View Post
This is going to make me sound difficult, but black interior is pretty much a hard and fast requirement for me. I'd consider one of the cinnamon or sand options, but gray is just not my taste. Sorry! I do thank you thank you for your input though.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:46 AM   #11
paulkeith

Yeah, its going to be a while til the right car pops up. I've been lurking FS boards across the net and have had a saved search with alerts on autotrader since July '10. Well aware how rare the right combo can be.

Considering the interior swap would include carpet,lower dash, door cards, and the consoles, the job gets pretty intensive (not to mention expensive). Nav retrofit is no cakewalk either....to the point where i'd just leave it alone. I'd give on xenons or heated seats before the black interior, though. But again, thanks for your input, I hope you get her to a good new owner soon.

Last edited by paulkeith; 05-26-2011 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:20 PM   #12
glenng

My Ride: '05 330ci ZHP
I applaud your patience OP. There are some people (like me) who will settle even though they know its not exactly what they want. Keep up the search!

everything is hard, before it is easy
glenng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #13
Kmoy2002

My Ride: 2002tii, 540i, 330i
pm sent.

Are you still in the market for a zhp? If so, I saw your thread and I have a six speed silver gray '04 330i with the zhp package over with alcantara interior with 67,xxx miles.

The car is equipped with xenons headlamps, heated seats and a sunroof. The only thing it does not have on your want list is the navigation.

I am the second owner purchased CPO'ed with warranty coverage that ended just last year 2010. I have the complete service history in a binder. Recent maintenance off the top of my head include:

Manual transmission flush
Brake pads/rotors (all 4 corners) with brake fluid flush
New Thermostat
New headlamp lenses/fog lamps
Inspection 2 @ 65,000miles (oil, oil filter, spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter, cabin filter, brake fluid flush)

These are the issues most recently addressed. The history of course goes further.

My biggest peeves on the car consist of:
key'ed drivers door
knick on passenger front fender (occurred from someone bumping me while the car was parked downtown)
Then of course stone chips on the front end as a large amount of mileage acquired on this car was though highway use.

I have the original zhp exhaust (currently has a Highline catback exhaust) and can negotiate a price for the two other sets of wheels (Both oem winter/summer wheelsets)
Old 07-10-2011, 07:58 AM   #14
initialandrew

My Ride: BMW 330i ZHP w/ Navi
I just sold mine with all of the above options (but higher mileage)...good luck with your search I loved mine
initialandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:02 PM   #15
mystic_zhp

My Ride: 04 330i zhp
Hmm I am still on the fence about selling but I have a 2004 mystic blue zhp with 106k. All maintenance is up to date with records of work done. All the stuff you are looking for except nav. Brand new tires on the car as well. Pm me if interested for details and pictures.
mystic_zhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:10 PM   #16
Bogey

My Ride: 05 330i ZHP, 06 M3
I hate to say this...but I'm getting ready to sell my STOCK silvergrey metallic, black alcantara, 6MT, xenon, heats, ZHP. wah!
78K right now. new brakes, control arms (front). I bought it with 22K miles. I have all records and kept it best I could. Garaged.... as a fanatic with three e46's owned, I wanted to give you a heads up. I appreciate your search!! let me know if you're still in the market. Sorry the mileage couldn't be lower.
BTW, I am a 45 year old - OLD man. Not some kid... :-)
Bogey is offline   Reply With Quote